• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2015
No, we are not dead; we're just busy with the real world. Linkandzelda started his first year at university, and I'm on my 2nd year, I have a job at dashhacks (see the signature) and a decent social life - It's not like we forgot about releasing this we're just busy and ensuring that this will be the best, bug-free release yet.

The Pokégear is still being developed and general sprites are too. I still have tilesets to import - Even if it does stretch into 2012, you'll still play it - Kill time with other hacks/ games. I'll keep you updated with the teaser video's too - My PC died recently and I had to reformat, so bare with me - Videos will be up sometime in this week.

In other news, I might be a daddy.

So you've been getting it on with your lady? Lol; congrats if you have a baby :)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
So you've been getting it on with your lady? Lol; congrats if you have a baby :)

Yeah, haha :P. Either way - I'm looking forward to working on more graphics for this - People need to be a little more patient. Stuff is pretty hard for us at the moment - Especially for me, I have 2 jobs, 2 websites to run, university, a social life and of course Liquid Crystal - I'm swamped.

I go to sleep at 5 AM everyday as it is, a lot of the people on this thread need to be a little more understandable.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Awesome I Can't wait...I Just hope that the national park has its original music instead of the classic Travel theme...
"K"

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
:)

congrats zeikku! n weve been waiting for months as it is so a couple more months to have the best game possible is worth it, makes no sense to get 1 now with bugs that the impatient ppl will jus complain about :/ anyways great work!

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Congrats indeed zeikku :)
Just a small update in about 1 hour 45 mins from now I will begin my first day at Uni. To say the truth, LC has not had any progress since August 12th 2011. Of course it's not dead and I'm not dead either.

In other words LC's progress will be slow at most. But, I will keep to my words. Coming soon 2011 guys is what I said, and it will be true.

~Link

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
Sedra evoloution

Hey I know this has been asked a lot of times but i would really appreciate a correct answer. I have seen the answers as using a sunstone, leveling with a dragon scale and using a dragon scale on sedra. Could someone please give me the right information and give me an idea where I can find a dragon scale.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
Is it possible to get a Fire Stone early in the game (I'm doing the Lake of Rage part)? Because I've got this Growlithe that, well, I'd like to evolve.

Also, why is the stone seller gone?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2011
WoW! The hack looks really good, I under the latest beta you got.
~
Now putting to criticize, the graphical environment of the hack looks pretty good, although you can improve, I know in some detail, I closed the whole.
But anyway, Good luck!

Salu2! n_n

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
Hey, you guys, I just want to say that this is a fantastic hack - the best hack of Crystal I've seen so far.

I couldn't stop playing since I downloaded it. Fantastic. Everything from the original Crystal was there. New stuff. New characters. Great.

And yet, I found some mistakes, that could be corrected. Some of them have already been pointed out, but I've got images. :D

I know, probably most of these are already corrected in Beta 3, but if they're not, you should look at them. If you correct these, man, the game would be even better.

So let's see:

Plot holes
Spoiler:

Incorrect stuff
Spoiler:

Minor things
Spoiler:

Ahh, I'm tired. Well, that's it... I hope you check out these things so the hack can be better. I'm sure it will be.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2012
hoping a release for (September[expired]) October
ANONYMOUS_USER i know its been a while since he made that video , but we should be patient now that it is lots of work put in into this excellent hack.

You seem a little too impatient. It will come out when it comes out, and I don't see that link explaining anything other than your inability to wait for a release data. You should give support or post problems instead of whining about a date that passed. If I'm coming off rude, I'm not intending to. I just hate it when others are nagging about the game being released.
No it doesn't. All it explains is his & your impatience.
jstolze and SpeedyGeek you both should stop annoying other users , your acting like a child by being rude , BTW Read the Rules.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
Hey, you guys, I just want to say that this is a fantastic hack - the best hack of Crystal I've seen so far.

I couldn't stop playing since I downloaded it. Fantastic. Everything from the original Crystal was there. New stuff. New characters. Great.

And yet, I found some mistakes, that could be corrected. Some of them have already been pointed out, but I've got images. :D

I know, probably most of these are already corrected in Beta 3, but if they're not, you should look at them. If you correct these, man, the game would be even better.

So let's see:

Plot holes
Spoiler:

Incorrect stuff
Spoiler:

Minor things
Spoiler:

Ahh, I'm tired. Well, that's it... I hope you check out these things so the hack can be better. I'm sure it will be.

Good luck!

Thanks very very much for this post. It will help a lot :)

UPDATE: LC has resumed! My university is so awesome on wednesday afternoon we have "Games Academy" where we can work on developing any of our own games projects whuich are not linked to the university. That is now my weekly LC time. today i fixed 4 bugs on the list of 60 things.

Also, keep it chilled in here. No arguments or rants or fights about stuff i have no idea what its about. I know people are anxious for a release but you should know i'm 20 years old, have a life and am studying computer games development which is one of the/if not the most work heavey programming course at my university. Just hang on and i will stick to my word. My word was 2011.

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
Thanks very very much for this post. It will help a lot :)

Of course, man! It's a pleasure to help in things like these!

By the way, I noticed the images of my post weren't displaying, so I re-uploaded them all and I put them again. So check my post now, and you'll be able to see all the mistakes I found :)

See ya!

PS. By the way, guys, stop being rude and childish here.

linkandzelda

Years
Just another quick update: freind of mine 04zaz recently started a playthrough of beta 3.1 in its current state. If you want to check the latest addidtions and to see how the game is, then heres the video.

Link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ZOUHeeGcM

Make sure that if you want to recive the latest views of the beta then subscribe to 04zaz. I'm pretty sure he will be uploading a couple of videos per week for everyone to watch.

Link

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
Hey, it looks fantastic! Keep up the good work!

I see that you fixed the gate of Route 46. Now you can see road behind it! Great (*one of the mistakes I found is being crossed out*).

About something... now the DUDE is an old man? How weird! :)

By the way, the tutorial of the old man that gives you the MAP CARD is great, but the player doesn't quite follow him. He stands at the right of the old man while walking. I don't know how "easy" that would be to correct...

Anyway, great game! I'll be among the first ones to play it when it is released!

linkandzelda

Years
Hey, it looks fantastic! Keep up the good work!

I see that you fixed the gate of Route 46. Now you can see road behind it! Great (*one of the mistakes I found is being crossed out*).

About something... now the DUDE is an old man? How weird! :)

By the way, the tutorial of the old man that gives you the MAP CARD is great, but the player doesn't quite follow him. He stands at the right of the old man while walking. I don't know how "easy" that would be to correct...

Anyway, great game! I'll be among the first ones to play it when it is released!

The DUDE is an old man becuase i thought it would be better to have it as an old man during the time theres no DUDe backsprites.

Also, that following would be very easy its a script left over from ebta 3.0, one of the quick fixes of mine to get it working with the new maps size.

Back