• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Totodile is in the Pokemon only area in Laurel, you just need to seach inside (And make sure the Pokemon you sent in has Cut =))

Actually, you don't need Cut at all. When you help the Charmander get rid of the water, it creates a pathway to get to the end. I did it with my Larvitar.

Years
Wow...Coolboyman sure fired a lazor. The shiny ball is too hard to get, seriously people have a better chance getting a shiny normally than winning that game (and not going broke). But I am curious, why do you want everyone to send emails, why DON'T you want them to post any glitches here?

Zowayix

hi
Years
I think it has more to do with the fact that people don't provide enough info on what caused it, so he can't fix it.

Ex: "omg my game wont save what do i do" doesn't provide any info at all towards fixing it.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Leveling up jeweling is insanity, but I'll try to get to level 30.

And to the one above, that game isn't so hard...I beat it the first time without trying nor cheating.
Plus, Mining makes you rich in a goldmine of nuggets. ;)

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Speaking of mining, does everything you can mine have a purpose? For example, I got Gold Dust, and the description is "???".

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
So, I just finished the beta, and all I have to say is: AMAZING. Really, so much to explore and I love the balance of everything. The pokemon available to you by just exploring, and the ones you can get through special means, such as Chikorita, are innovative and well done. Just one question, with the release of the next beta, will i have to start over?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Koolboyman, you really have excelled yourself. I love all of Prism so much. I love the orphanage idea, as so many people fill their boxes, and release Pokemon. This idea is perfect for people like that. A great piece of hacking there, the best I've seen.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
In just a few days, this thread has already reached 9 pages. WOW!
I guess, I can expect that from one of the best hacks down the block. I've always admired everything you have made, Koolboyman.

Keep up with what you're doing man! This hack has exceeded even the greatest 3rd Gen hacks out there! ^__^

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
All right then, I'm e-mailing it to you in a very clear manner. Thank god I remember it. Either way, I was tired then and couldn't read the README properly.

When does the beta end?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
It ends after you defeat the Torenia City Gym as far as I know, though there might be some minigames left.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Wow, this game is amazing. The $5000 game is kind of easy (If you get it tou your liking.) and can get you really rich.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Thanks. I tried Blackjack, it makes NO sense for some reason. Ugh.

Either way, hope you get your degree and hope you finish this! With a full-working team of... one... this can get finished really quickly! Either way, the game is near perfection, I had a dream about some kind of loser Axem Rangers... yeah, it's the 6 Pallets.

EDIT: Does anyone have the soundtrack?

Last edited:

Taichi

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Geez, how many stones does it take to make a ring? lol I got five Dawn Stones, Two Leafs, One Water, and One Fire. Also do we get only one shiny ball from the $5000 game? Because I beat that thing 6 times and got the shiny ball the first time and 3 nuggets for the rest. Not complaining, just curious.

Love this hack.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Geez, how many stones does it take to make a ring? lol I got five Dawn Stones, Two Leafs, One Water, and One Fire. Also do we get only one shiny ball from the $5000 game? Because I beat that thing 6 times and got the shiny ball the first time and 3 nuggets for the rest. Not complaining, just curious.

Love this hack.

You need ash, which can be obtained from mining.

Anyone know a good tip to get cash easy? I've lost 16,000P on the Pachisi game, and I have to face the 4th Gym Leader and there are no more trainers, to my knowledge.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
There are a few things I would like to point out about this beta release of Prism that kinda irked me a little.

-Currently, the Dawn Stone is an unuseable item. Its description is the same as the Squirtbottle from GSC and it does not have a use option. The only options are give, toss, and exit.

-I want to evolve my Lombre into Ludicolo, but the Water Stone won't work on it. It was said that Lombre couldn't use the Water Stone.

-I am assuming this one will be solved later, but the cries of the 3rd and 4th gen pokemon are the same as some of the 1st and 2nd gen pokemon they replace.

-Whenever my Riolu uses Counter, it plays the Bubblebeam animation. I don't know if it is with any pokemon that uses counter, but Riolu's counter animation is Bubblebeam

-When you face your rival the second time, his overworld sprite is red instead of the purple color from the first battle with him.

-When you take a mine cart to Magma Caverns and then go into the cave door, you pop up at Acqua Caverns. (Incomplete area?)

-I wanted to do some trading between my 1st Brown runthrough and my current Prism runthrough, but Everything in that Communication room is "being adjusted." Is this intentional?

Other than this, there really aren't any things I can pick out at this time. This release of Prism was incredible. I have waited so long for this release and it blew my mind away. Thank you so much for this release and I hope that you continue to do amazing things to Brown and Prism.

One quick question though, will we see legendaries from the 3rd and 4th gen? If you don't want to spoil anything, don't.

Taichi

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
You need ash, which can be obtained from mining.

Anyone know a good tip to get cash easy? I've lost 16,000P on the Pachisi game, and I have to face the 4th Gym Leader and there are no more trainers, to my knowledge.

To get cash easy play the Pachisi game. I got a crap load of money by winning it the for the sixth time. You get 3 nuggets when you win and if you get on the money spots, you...well get money. 3 nuggets= 15000 + whatever amount you get from the money spots. You get your moneys worth on this game.

Getting money is very easy in the Pachisi game if you press (or should I say 'click') the right button.

Spoiler:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
There are a few things I would like to point out about this beta release of Prism that kinda irked me a little.

-Currently, the Dawn Stone is an unuseable item. Its description is the same as the Squirtbottle from GSC and it does not have a use option. The only options are give, toss, and exit.

-I want to evolve my Lombre into Ludicolo, but the Water Stone won't work on it. It was said that Lombre couldn't use the Water Stone.

-I am assuming this one will be solved later, but the cries of the 3rd and 4th gen pokemon are the same as some of the 1st and 2nd gen pokemon they replace.

-Whenever my Riolu uses Counter, it plays the Bubblebeam animation. I don't know if it is with any pokemon that uses counter, but Riolu's counter animation is Bubblebeam

-When you face your rival the second time, his overworld sprite is red instead of the purple color from the first battle with him.

-When you take a mine cart to Magma Caverns and then go into the cave door, you pop up at Acqua Caverns. (Incomplete area?)

-I wanted to do some trading between my 1st Brown runthrough and my current Prism runthrough, but Everything in that Communication room is "being adjusted." Is this intentional?

Other than this, there really aren't any things I can pick out at this time. This release of Prism was incredible. I have waited so long for this release and it blew my mind away. Thank you so much for this release and I hope that you continue to do amazing things to Brown and Prism.

One quick question though, will we see legendaries from the 3rd and 4th gen? If you don't want to spoil anything, don't.

Please email me glitches like the readme.txt says.

And there's a legendary available in this current beta, but just really hard to find. It's also one you won't expect.

Back