• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kid-Friendly?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Yes, its ridiculous, for instance in HG/SS "OMG NUU GAMBLEENG KIDZ R GUNA GO 2 VEEGAS AND SP3ND MONEES!!!1!!" ~___~ Raise your kids you lazy parents.

Discussion NOT over.

Tree_x

Breeder
Years
Haha :3 Depends on what your watching our playing our etc :3
Personally i do not care if it is good its good not my job to raise the worlds children to some factious moral standard there children of the Internet they i have seen worse

Years
Well, I know that some people let T.V baby sit their kids, but I'm kinda on the fence on this question; aren't toy's and kid's shows meant to kiddy?

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
There're toys, movies and games exclusively for adults and there're the ones for kids, surely.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
No, haven't you ever heard of the vibrating Harry Potter broomstick? I'm not even joking either, it was a real toy. :O

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 24, 2010
Kids have their own stuff and so do adults. I like to think of games however, as an adult medium. The consoles/PC's and software costs a lot and it's pretty delicate. I don't think I'd be happy letting a kid mess about in my room, lol. (Actually, I forbid my cat from going in, and she acts a lot like a toddler. I can just imagine the claw marks in the shiny exterior of my PS3... eek!) Games as well are sort of a way to allow adults to continue to enjoy playing after feeling forced to abandon their childish toys. Anyway, there are equivalents in both movies and games, but I reckon more adult titles do exist in these genres. Toys on the other-hand, is a word I associate with things like Barbie and My Little Pony. >>

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Heh, stuff is now evil because of parents getting rid of good. They love to make innuendo.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
No. I think that the opposite is happening. Pop songs are now full of sexual references. TV shows are also full of sexual references. Videogames are violent and depressing.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yes, but we're meaning non-prime time basic television and E-rated video games. But, I agree, we have too many M-rated games now.

Years
No. I think that the opposite is happening. Pop songs are now full of sexual references. TV shows are also full of sexual references. Videogames are violent and depressing.

I question your choice of media if you put all this stuff in a blanket statement like that. =/

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
I made this because I got a nostogic blast of candy ciggerettes... [They changed it to "Candy sticks." WHAT. A. FAIL.]

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
MW2 is beast. Don't be hatin on them M-rated games.

An obvious example would be the Pokemon anime(used to be awesome, now it sucks poké-balls)and HGSS(all that bs with real game corners being replaced with that annoying-ass Voltorb flip game.
But then again, kids may be getting exposed to more crap earlier. I once had to babysit a kid who was like 7. I was trying to tell him to stop chugging soda(mainly because it was mine), and he said "f*** you" and punched me in the, um, area.
Clearly, stuff intended for children is getting more and moar shielded, but kids are getting more violent and profane, as well as doing stuff that teenagers do(ex: sex, drugs, drinking, gun using). It's all just ****ed up.

Years
Yes. You know what I think? Companies make their shows, games, ect. several times kiddier than they were years ago, perhaps to make up for all the bad things. Kids that are intended to watch these shows get bored, fast, and turn to what older people are watching, especially when they have older siblings.

Older people watch more mature shows, and thus the wet clay (children) is molded. Sometimes it can be undone, but other times the clay hardens.

MW2 is beast. Don't be hatin on them M-rated games.I once had to babysit a kid who was like 7. I was trying to tell him to stop chugging soda(mainly because it was mine), and he said "f*** you" and punched me in the, um, area.

Yeah... I used to babysit a kid six years younger than me, and he always liked to get on my nerves. He knew that the only way to hurt me was to hit me there, and he was about waist-level. My reflexes are pretty admirable now.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Yes. You know what I think? Companies make their shows, games, ect. several times kiddier than they were years ago, perhaps to make up for all the bad things. Kids that are intended to watch these shows get bored, fast, and turn to what older people are watching, especially when they have older siblings.

You seem to be suggesting that "kid-friendly" is synonymous with "bad". Which isn't true at all.

I'm willing to bet that most normal adults would rather watch something kid-friendly like Star Wars than some deep psychological drama.

Back