• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
Years
Hey mercurysky! Thanks for the update, I really like that you can change your menu colors...Great feature. Anyways, I think you should keep it as is, otherwise it seems to hectic to me...

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Why not just make the touch screen completely keyboard controlled? It would be faster no navigate and completely get rid of your problem.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Why not just make the touch screen completely keyboard controlled? It would be faster no navigate and completely get rid of your problem.
Because mouse implementation of the touch devices is important for many things in Garnet: enigmas, drawing... There are "Layton-stiled" enigmas and ability games. As well as the truly use of Braille.
Because of that adding it sometimes would ruin the effect...
And because, apart of all that, i like it. I think it is funny to work with the mouse, not just thinking of it as a Touch Screen replacement but as a feature for the game itself. :°)

DigimonMaster

Lurkermon
Years
Of the possible solutions putting in WASD as alternate movement keys seems the best to me. It would be the most comfortable and least awkward.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Because mouse implementation of the touch devices is important for many things in Garnet: enigmas, drawing... There are "Layton-stiled" enigmas and ability games. As well as the truly use of Braille.
Because of that adding it sometimes would ruin the effect...
And because, apart of all that, i like it. I think it is funny to work with the mouse, not just thinking of it as a Touch Screen replacement but as a feature for the game itself. :°)
Oh well that makes more sense now. I think you should make wasd as the arrows, then enter as menu, Q as B and E as A. Then you only need to move your fingers, not your entire hand. Also, your thumb is always on the menu button.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I really like this RPG, I always step here to see updates, and today as I am with time I'll comment on this great RPG.
In general, the RPG is very good, the story is good, has very good graphics in my opinion is the best one, also liked the sprites of the protagonists, but the rivals sprites think he can improve, giving a little more originality, how you're doing everything in your RPG.
Ah, in the last update, I found an error in mapping ... here it is:

semttulolu.png

Good luck with the RPG, keep do a great job!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I really like this RPG, I always step here to see updates, and today as I am with time I'll comment on this great RPG.
In general, the RPG is very good, the story is good, has very good graphics in my opinion is the best one, also liked the sprites of the protagonists, but the rivals sprites think he can improve, giving a little more originality, how you're doing everything in your RPG.
Ah, in the last update, I found an error in mapping ... here it is:

semttulolu.png

Good luck with the RPG, keep do a great job!

Um...I don't see an error there o_o...Where is it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
A portion of the tree is cut... If you enlarge the screen in the paint, you'll see better.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
A portion of the tree is cut... If you enlarge the screen in the paint, you'll see better.
Ooh... thank you very much! I'm very pedantic with mapping, but this time i've totally messed up with that tree... probably i've thought it was unseable because of the distance from the player, i don't really know!
Thank you very much. I'll fix it now... hmm... done! XD

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
This game looks really good. I especially love the Starter Fakemon; very adorable!
Just out of question; is this game available for download or is it still being worked on?

Years
Aghh I'm still so excited about when this could possibly be released. OwO I haven't been on the forums for a couple of months but I think about this in passing! Good luck dev team, so excited!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Looks awsome! The starters look better than the ones for the new pokemon black and white games! =D

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
Of course they are better! Most generation V pokemon sucks! A sarcophagus! A gothic lolitha! A fire pig! A black huge pokemon that shoud be dragon-dark but is dragon-eletric! A giant white pokemon that shoud be dragon-psychic but is dragon-fire! I'm not saying your fakemon aren't good: they are better than the pokemons from any other generation so far. What I'm saying is that most of generation V pokemon aren't as cool as generation I pokemon! Anyway, I shoudn't be talking these things here so: This game is getting really cool. I can't wait 'til you update the fakedex, and add some new gym leaders.

Years
Arg, Mercurysky have been disappeared for 2 days so i decided to post this here, super short video about new dual screen:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Arg, Mercurysky have been disappeared for 2 days so i decided to post this here, super short video about new dual screen:
Yeah, got too many things to do those days, so i could not contact you and the team in general... i'm really sorry.

By the way, as Help showed us, the new "mouse" screen design is smaller and introduces a ring menu. The new screen resolution is 480*580.
Three functions are fixed and located on the right side of it: "Team", that shows you your pokémon team, its stats, etc... and "Bag" (mainly the two functions that you use most during the game).

The ring menu has got:

• the Pokédex which is an HGSS one with new graphics nad slightly new layout;
  • the trainer card, which has been recalled "Trainer Data";
  • the I-Poké (pokégear-like device with some new features. I'll make an update soon for it)
  • the Save button;
  • the Options button.
The top right button (S) allows you a fast use for a pre-selected item.

The bottom left buttons are used for changing the touch menù colours, that i've showed you with the latest updates.

Thank you Help for being so marvelous! *-*

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
It's been a while that i come to the forum but i must say, the game looks great
I like the original menu and i hope the development of the game is going good.
Anyways, great job and keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back