• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Depends. If you dump the roms yourself, you will most likely be fine. It all depends on where you live.

killanotha1

Master Nothing
Years
I like this thread!! I will do a Normal-type challenge ^^

I'll edit this post once I get past Brock. I'll be starting with Red version and moving my way up ^^

StarXStruck

Gazzer at the Stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2009
Re:

Since I have some free time before the summer ends I might as well give this a chance so can you sign me up for Water and I shall start with Red if that's okay.^^

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Finally caught Abra, nicknamed Kineshisu. Currently grinding on Route 5, proper blogging will begin after Cerulean City.

Spr_1b_063.png

Lv 11
TELEPORT
MEGA PUNCH
-
-

Lowest stat: ATTACK 10
Highest stat: SPECIAL & SPEED 28

Years
Ok, so today I started the fighting challenge and here's what I've done so far;

Started Pokémon Yellow
My names Ash
Rival names Gary
Got Pikachu, lost to Gary
Got to Viridian
Went to Mart got Oaks Parcel
Went back to Pallet got Pokedex
Went to Viridian Mart and bought 5 Pokeballs
Caught lvl 5 Mankey
Trained to lvl 10
Defeated Gary on Route 22 first time
Got through Viridian Forest
Healed at Pokecenter
Defeated Brock OHKO

Current Team;

Mankey
Lvl 14

Moves

-Low Kick
-Scratch
-Leer

I beat Misty! I'm moving quick through the game but I'm having fun. It's what you have to expect

Ok, I started in route 3. The battles were no problem to me whatsoever, easy peasy. However, I did learn Karate Chop on the way :)
Mount Moon was pretty much the same basic deal, except with more random encounters.
Found the 'Super Nerd'
Anyway, I took the Helix Fossil.

Jessie and James show up to foil my plans. What should I do?
I defeated Meowth and Ekans in one, but Koffing managed to survive the first hit but it was still easy.

Arrived at Cerulean and went straight to the gym again.
Staryu used Water gun once and then died Starmie just kept on using harden and 1 bubblebeam but I lived, and 1 more hit and I won!
Current team;

Mankey
Level 23
Karate Chop
Leer
Low Kick
Scratch
Highest Stat: Attack - 48
Lowest Stat: Special - 24

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Quick emulation question, can anyone help me? I can't work out how to trade on VBA Link, I know it supposedly doesn't work with GB/GBC but I've heard people have got it to work before. I opened 2 different saves of Red both in the pkmn centre. I unchecked pause while inactive window on both. I went to the link desk on both. It just says This area is for 2 people link together or something. What am I doing wrong?

Years

My journey continues by going through the Underground path. I found a young girl who was willing to trade a Machoke for a cubone! A sound deal; I'll catch a Cubone sometime when I reach Lavender Town.

Entered the S.S Anne and - OHKO'ed everything

Got Cut from the captain and taught it to my HM slave Slavly who will be my main cutter. As for Strength/Surf, they will be taught to my normal party as they're decent attacks

Anyway, went into LT Surge's gym and easily beat all the trainers. The puzzle was annoying but only took 2 tries
L.T surge was a pushover with his Raichu. I OHKO'ed it!

Anyway, my party now

Primeape
Level 34
Karate Chop
Focus Energy
Low Kick
Rage
Highest Stat: Attack - 88
Lowest stat: Special - 53

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
I have made much progress recently. Shortly after my last post I had caught a Skorupi, named Scorpy. I eveolved Rosy with the Shiny Stone I got from Iron Island, after learning Synthesis. I defeated Candice without too much trouble, Croaky's Revenge helped a lot. I went to Mt. Coronet, after some training there Scorpy evolved into a Drapion. I proceeded to Spear Pillar, where I double teamed with my rival to defeat Mars and Jupiter, or was it Mars and Saturn? I went into the Distortion world to follow Cyrus. Soon I caught up with him, having a very close battle that ended up being my level 46 Crobat against his Level 46 Crobat. I may have lost, had I not had Roost, as his Crobat was quicker. After defeating him I went on to challenge Giratina. After lowering its health very low, aafter only one Dusk Ball it was caught. Now I am in Sunyshore Gym, battling the trainers to eventually battle, and defeat, Volkner.

Team
Rosy/Roserade Lv.46
Grass Knot
Shadow Ball
Synthesis
Sludge Bomb
Batty/Crobat Lv.46
Fly
Confuse Ray
Roost
Cross Poison
Croaky/Toxicroak Lv.47
Rock Slide
Sucker Punch
Revenge
Posion Jab
Jelly/Tentacruel Lv.43
Poison Jab
Surf
Screech
Barrier
Scorpy/Drapion Lv.43
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Poison Fang
Toxic Spikes

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
UGH! Here I am, still training for the Elite Four.. Any suggestions at what level they all should be before I tackle them. They're all around 50 right now and they are of the Flying Type. Help would be great! Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Quick emulation question, can anyone help me? I can't work out how to trade on VBA Link, I know it supposedly doesn't work with GB/GBC but I've heard people have got it to work before. I opened 2 different saves of Red both in the pkmn centre. I unchecked pause while inactive window on both. I went to the link desk on both. It just says This area is for 2 people link together or something. What am I doing wrong?

I think you are mistaking VBA Link for TGB Dual.

killanotha1

Master Nothing
Years
I thought that Brock would be hard, but the lack AI made it pretty easy.

I spammed Tailwhip and then used Hyperfang. >__> He only killed Spearow because it got caught while setting up for rattata with leer.

Current team

Rattata lvl 15

Spearow lvl 13

[EDIT]

The team is now at Mt. Moon

Clefairy lvl 8

Jigglypuff lvl 13 (The whole reason for this team 8D)

Spearow lvl 16

Rattata lvl 16

I forsee no problems in the near future. Though I know that I must have a tauros 8D (That will be the death of me :L )

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
BLOG
I cleared the cape of trainers after catching 2 Abras (named Kineshisu and Cosmo) evolving them, before helping out Bill and getting an SS Ticket from him in return. I then proceeded to Vermilion city where I headed to Route 11 and caught a Drowzee called Derren. After a bit of grinding we proceeded to wipe the floor with Lt. Surge.

I will upload videos of my gym battles to youtube.
UPDATE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSSxjySkav0

CURRENT TEAM

Kineshisu
Spr_1b_064.png

Lv23
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 63
Lowest Stat: ATTACK 26

Cosmo
Spr_1b_064.png

Lv27
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 81
Lowest Stat: DEFENCE 27

Derren
Spr_1b_096.png

Lv13
Highest Stat: SPECIAL 29
Lowest Stat: ATTACK 18

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
You should have kept one as a abra to get Mr.Mime

When i did a psycic run he Swept through the 3rd gym

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
I want to do this, but is using vba and rom illegal ? I can't afford to lose my dad's computer. that is how he supports are family. he works from the computer as a programer. can someone tell me if it is.

Depends. Like it's been said before, if you dump the roms yourself, you'll be fine. But downloading some free rom from somewhere random on the internet - Well, that is actually illegal, although that might depend on where you live. (Not sure, though..)
VBA is perfectly legal, though. As far as I know, anyway.

However, the chances of "being caught" (I'm Danish, didn't know how else to phrase it?) are practically non-existing, but still, that doesn't make it legal, of course.

Years
Just because I don't like writing alot most of my updates will be very very brief.

I defeated the trainers in route 9
Caught a Machop in Route 10 called him Altongmon which is Korean for Machop
Went through Rock Tunnel with a bit of diffuculty
defeated trainers outside Rock Tunnel and Machop Evolved
now at Lavender town Pokécenter

Current Team;

Primeape (Mangki) lvl 37
Current Moves
Karate Chop
Low Kick
Seismic Toss
Rage

Highest Stat:Attack 96
Lowest Stat:Special 58

Machoke (Altongmon) lvl 29
Moves
Low Kick
Karate Chop
Leer

Highest Stat:Attack 69
Lowest Stat:Speed 36

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
This is the first time I've actually been STUCK on an E4. (Even Sinnoh's was okay for me). I kinda want to catch Zapdos just so I can destroy that evil sandslash, but then it wouldn't be a pikachu only run. AGH! Back to the grinding board.

Also, I think if you live in Canada, it may be legal, but again, check your local laws on copyright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back