• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
What are good ds hacking tools.

I have been trying to make my own pokemon game with ds instead of gba and want to know some good hack tools thanks and thumbs up on cool saphire

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
I have some issues with this screenshot.

(1) You're mixing tiles from pokemon with tiles from other games/places (the odd rock and the odd trees).

(2) You're placing trees (which have grass at their roots) ontop of rocky surfaces. This is something you simply don't see in Pokemon games.

(3) If you are going to place trees, please place them uniformly and with the correct spacing between them. If you don't know what I mean by this then please look at some official pokemon maps to see how they use trees.

The general concept, shape and design of the city is quite good -- it's unique and fairly interesting.
Okay. I fixed all of those issues! Hows this?
mapshot2.PNG

Winneon

Years
You've improved the tree placement but you've missed the issue that YOU CANNOT PUT TREES ON ROCKY SURFACES. In Pokemon games, trees are only ever places on GRASS.
Well, now there's an exception. I want my game to stand out. Trees can grow on rocky surfaces in real life, so I don't see why they can't be on rocky surfaces in Pokemon games.:)

Personally to me it looked fine the first time.
Thanks for the feedback. I kinda liked the 1st version 2.

Last edited:

Winneon

Years
Okay. Here's my previous screen shot and then the same screenshot but in BW style!
Spoiler:

Yes, I know some DP buildings are in the BW style, but I couldn't find any BW biuldings besides to the Pokemon Center & Mart. Credit to ThePokemonChronicles of deviantArt for the DP tiles and chimcharsfireworks of PokeCommunity for the BW tiles. (The custom Pokemon Center & Mart is made by chimcharsfireworks! Give credit to him for it!) Also, if you want the tiles, I have added them as attachments. Here are the formats:

DP Tiles Only - ThePokemonChronicles and Kyledove
BW Tiles Only - chimcharsfireworks
DP & BW Tiles Together - Both ThePokemonChronicles and chimcharsfireworks

MAKE SURE TO GIVE CREDIT TO THE NAMES ABOVE FOR THE TILES!

Last edited:

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Okay. Here's my previous screen shot and then the same screenshot but in BW style!
Spoiler:

Yes, I know some DP buildings are in the BW style, but I couldn't find any BW biuldings besides to the Pokemon Center & Mart. Credit to ThePokemonChronicles of deviantArt for the DP tiles and chimcharsfireworks of PokeCommunity for the BW tiles. (The custom Pokemon Center & Mart is made by chimcharsfireworks! Give credit to him for it!) Also, if you want the tiles, I have added them as attachments. Here are the formats:

DP Tiles Only - ThePokemonChronicles
BW Tiles Only - chimcharsfireworks
DP & BW Tiles Together - Both ThePokemonChronicles and chimcharsfireworks

MAKE SURE TO GIVE CREDIT TO THE NAMES ABOVE FOR THE TILES!

You don't credit the person who compiles tiles alone, the D/P ones contain tiles from Kyledove so you'll need to credit him as well.

Winneon

Years
You don't credit the person who compiles tiles alone, the D/P ones contain tiles from Kyledove so you'll need to credit him as well.
You're absolutely right, Rai Rai! Make sure to give credit to Kyledove as well! I'll update my post, too.

Winneon

Years
I know you want trees to grow on rocks, but it really just doesn't look very good. If you take away the green shadow below the tree, it'll look a bit better. But really, you should try editing the tiles and making the rock that's around the roots cracked/broken to make it look a bit better and realistic.
I'm not very good at pixel art. Can someone else do it and I give credit to them? The tiles are in the attachment. If you will, will you please put the new tree on a blank part of the tileset? I would like for you to use the Combined Tileset. And also, will you make the tree look like roots are stikking out of the ground. But the ground transparent, so it will work with both grass and rock.

Okay, I changed it so it would look more realistic. It is now known as Vivian City.
Vivian City is a city surrounded by mountains. You will see Hikers here often.
mapshot4.PNG

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
I'm not very good at pixel art. Can someone else do it and I give credit to them? The tiles are in the attachment. If you will, will you please put the new tree on a blank part of the tileset? I would like for you to use the Combined Tileset. And also, will you make the tree look like roots are stikking out of the ground. But the ground transparent, so it will work with both grass and rock.

Okay, I changed it so it would look more realistic. It is now known as Vivian City.
Vivian City is a city surrounded by mountains. You will see Hikers here often.
mapshot4.PNG

Oh, now you are mixing DPPT/HGSS/and Citrine. Don't do this again, just use 1 tile only.

Winneon

Years
Okay. Sorry. But, I didn't add any HGSS tiles. If you are talking about the building all-the-way to the right, that came with my BW tileset from chimcharsfirworks.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Okay. Sorry. But, I didn't add any HGSS tiles. If you are talking about the building all-the-way to the right, that came with my BW tileset from chimcharsfirworks.

Right. Look, you are mixing way too many styles of tiles as people are trying to point out to you.

4 of your buildings are from DPPt
1 building is a rather strange looking custom tile which looks 3rd gen
the gate house is HGSS
the small trees are 3rd gen trees in 5th gen colours
the big tree is kymotonian's 5th gen tree
the grass is kymotonian's 5th gen grass
the green grass ground looks 3rd/4th gen
the path tiles look 4th gen
the rocks look like Alucus' custom style (though I could be wrong)

The point everyone is trying to make is PLEASE PICK ONE STYLE AND ONLY USE TILES FROM THAT ONE STYLE. Otherwise it looks really, really awful.

Also, there is a tiling error where you have placed the big tree ON TOP of the grass tiles. There shouldnt be grass tiles underneath it.

Winneon

Years
Right. Look, you are mixing way too many styles of tiles as people are trying to point out to you.

4 of your buildings are from DPPt
1 building is a rather strange looking custom tile which looks 3rd gen
the gate house is HGSS
the small trees are 3rd gen trees in 5th gen colours
the big tree is kymotonian's 5th gen tree
the grass is kymotonian's 5th gen grass
the green grass ground looks 3rd/4th gen
the path tiles look 4th gen
the rocks look like Alucus' custom style (though I could be wrong)

The point everyone is trying to make is PLEASE PICK ONE STYLE AND ONLY USE TILES FROM THAT ONE STYLE. Otherwise it looks really, really awful.

Also, there is a tiling error where you have placed the big tree ON TOP of the grass tiles. There shouldnt be grass tiles underneath it.
Ok. Then, may I PLEASE have a BW tileset with ALL of the CORRECT land and the CORECT buildings?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years

You against the champion. Who will be the winner? I know I will, or was. As usual, click the image to see the video. I should warn you, it's 10 minutes long.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
battle_system_v3_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3ktv92.png

I've updated the battle system of Deep Balance once more graphics-wise, as you can see.
The battlebases and the messagebox are new and 100% custom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back