• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Universal Pokemon Randomizer (randomizes gen1-5 games)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
I feel I have to post here to say thanks very much for creating such an amazing tool!

I've recently started doing nuzlocke runs and also watched a couple of randomizer nuzlockes which got me interested in randomizing pokemon as I go along. I've not used the features which allows you to change movesets, types and other trainers pokemon. All I've done is remove the need to trade evolve, randomized all wild pokemon and also the legendaries etc...

I've been playing SoulSilver, and was pleasantly surprised to find that the guard at the gate in Goldenrod who usually asks you to deliver a message attached to a Spearow in fact gave me a Salamence called Kenya!

Great work with this tool!

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
This is a great tool, though the catch rate option doesn't seem to work, at least with Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
I Have a Huge Problem
in Soulsilver i cant do any trainerbattle and can cant visit any house after violet city and the city just ends because everywhere its just blackground where i cant go on

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Because of you I will never stop playing Pokémon games... wasn't that the whole point? So, all Generations it would work on... right? (SEEL used Sacred Fire!) This is the best creation ever.

Years
I used your randomizer on platin and it's awesome. I got Jirachi and Mew on the the first routes, haha =)

What I would like to aks, would it be possible to add an option that only unevolved wild pokemon appear? I like to train them myself and stuff. Also random catch rates or an option to choose a constant chatch rate for every Pokemon would be nice.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Been a while since I last posted - oops! Things have been ticking along since then, and I've just released a new version 1.2.0 with several significant updates. To reply to feedback since I last did so:

sabrino (Mystery Dungeon) - The PMD games are not something I've ever played, nor investigated in great depth, but it's certainly not impossible.

Time2 (catch rate) - The catch rate option *does* work - just note that a catch rate of 45 is still reasonably hard to catch with Poke Balls. You will definitely see the difference with anything better though.

Lilio (unevolved Pokemon in wild) - Something like this has been proposed for a while, I just have never got round to it. I'm sure it'll come eventually!

Years
Been a while since I last posted - oops! Things have been ticking along since then, and I've just released a new version 1.2.0 with several significant updates. To reply to feedback since I last did so:

Do you have a changelog? I can't seem to find anything detailing what's in 1.2.0.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Do you have a changelog? I can't seem to find anything detailing what's in 1.2.0.
Whoops - here you are:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
lol i really love this

i download it

don't forget to do the random pallets, which are now included in some RBY/GSC randomisers...

good luck guy, you are working hard

Oh, and think about randomize PDM games. It could be a fun thing, but also a awesome springboard for the Rom hacking...

Last edited:
Years
I have to say this is just a brilliant tool.

I second the non-evolved wilds suggestion, but already what you have done with this is phenomenal. Keep up the great work!

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
This is probably the greatest thing in the history of forever.

I hope that made sense.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
You are a LIFESAVER!
I took control of the new Reandomized Nuzlocke Challenge thread and it was only avaliable to Red Blue and Emerald, You opened it up to Pretty much all the games now and for that I thank you!

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
I'm actually having trouble randomizing any game when it comes to wild pokemon, I'm not really sure why.

Anyone else have this same issue?

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
I used this tool to randomize PkmFR, now i got myself a Scyther and I was wondering when it's gonna evolve to Scizor. Do i need the metal coat? I made it so that trade evos shouldn't be necessary.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I used this tool to randomize PkmFR, now i got myself a Scyther and I was wondering when it's gonna evolve to Scizor. Do i need the metal coat? I made it so that trade evos shouldn't be necessary.

It should be Level 30, but because of a small bug at the moment it will be level up with high happiness.

don't forget to do the random pallets, which are now included in some RBY/GSC randomisers...
Those are heavily game-specific, and the guy who made the original RBY palettes has already had some documented struggles making them for his upcoming improved Emerald randomizer. For now, I don't plan on doing that.

I'm actually having trouble randomizing any game when it comes to wild pokemon, I'm not really sure why.

Anyone else have this same issue?
What games are you trying to randomize? What actually happens when you try to randomize wild Pokemon?

Tackle

Pancham
Years
Wow, the Randomizer, thank you for making this! =D
I really love this tool, sometime it's funny. xD Aww speechless.
This is also useful for Nuzlocke play.

Back