• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

⚜ The Grass Type Pokemon Fan Club ⚜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
If i could be any grass pokemon i would choose snivy because snivy is quite but cunning and just quite amazing in a whole. snivy is a stealthy, quick and hard to read kind of pokemon. And i like to think of myself that way :p

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
And to bring a little more discussion from this grassy gravesite -- If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?

Hmmm... that's a tough question. I would love to be Sceptile, of course, but honestly I think I'll go with Ludicolo as my top choice. He's just so happy and bouncy all the time and I feel like it would fun to be him or even be around him ^.^

droomph

weeb
Years
Be grass type Pokémon?

Either Grovyle, Sceptile, or Nuzleaf.

Grovyle and Sceptile is obviously gonna be awesome, and Nuzleaf is so happy and/or badass!

Altix

Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark
Years
Discuss: What is the best grass-type pokemon?

I think it is snivy. powerful, yet cute.

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Name:rainerman3 (Rainer in real life)
Partner Pokemon: Trek the Treecko
Reason for joining:Because i love grass types and their my 2-nd favorite type of pokemons!
If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?
Well i would probably be Treecko because he is cool and quick and he is calm most of the time. :D

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Favorite grass starter pokemon overall

Well i would say that my favorite grass starter pokemon would be Bubasaur, while i like the new Snivy, I will always love bubasaur as my first and my favorite grass starter <3

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Name: Snowdrop (Call me Mer or Skitters!)
Partner: I would usually go for Sawsbuck, but my partner will be Rosemary the Chikorita!
Reason for joining: Grasses usually have cool designs, and IMO they're usually the best starters, and I just like the plant and nature theme.

I guess the topic is to create a Grass-type move soo...

Eh... this is difficult lol

Prickle Punch
Base power: 90
Accuracy: 90
PP: 10
Description: The opponent is slugged with a fist-full of a needles. Has a 50% chance of making the opponent flinch.

Lol new topic after I finish writing this. Harumph. Definitely Chikorita. I absolutely love Meganium, I have no idea why so many people think she's useless. As for all the grass types, this is the order in which I like them

First Stage
Chikorita
Bulbasaur
Snivy
Treecko
Turtwig

Middle Stage
Bayleef
Ivysaur
Grovyle
Grotle
Servine

Final Stage
Meganium
TIE: Venusaur/Serperior
Sceptile
Torterra

You know, I like them all to be honest.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Welcome, new members! :)

If I were a grass-type Pokémon, I would want to be a Hoppip. Floating around aromatic flower meadows with no worries at all sounds fantastic to me. :D until the wind comes and blows me away D:

My favourite grass starter Pokémon overall is a tie between Treecko and Snivy. They're both smart, calm yet really cool creatures, as depicted in the anime. :)

The best grass-type Pokémon, hmmm... I would say Breloom. It has helped me a lot in capturing wild Pokémon with its handy Spore move, and its attack packs a punch too, which proved useful in battles. :D

Years
Name: AoiFushigisou
Partner: Ivysaur? Grovyle? Victreebell? :O too hard but I´ll choose ..... Ivysaur now :D
Reason for joining: See singnature :)
Favorite grass starter pokemon overall: Too hard because I love all of them, but I think that Treecko :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ownership transferred to Leaf Storm (previously Meganium90 just so you guys know it's not a random decision xD) due to an inactive owner.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi imma post now k! xD

Anyways, for those of you who joined just recently, welcome aboard to the club! I am happy to see you here! Grass Pokemon are just simply amazing Pokemon. In the meantime I am going to try to revive an old topic here so we can get some activity going (as well as have new members who just joined get a chance to answer a topic they couldn't answer). I'll also re-decorate the first post so we can have a clearer view of what the club is about (and keep track of the topics and the members and stuff!) Alrighty!

What's everyone's favorite Grass-Type starter?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi imma post now k! xD

Anyways, for those of you who joined just recently, welcome aboard to the club! I am happy to see you here! Grass Pokemon are just simply amazing Pokemon. In the meantime I am going to try to revive an old topic here so we can get some activity going (as well as have new members who just joined get a chance to answer a topic they couldn't answer). I'll also re-decorate the first post so we can have a clearer view of what the club is about (and keep track of the topics and the members and stuff!) Alrighty!

Welcome dear! Take good care of it <3

Hmm, this is actually a really hard question :x I adore Bulbasaur because it's Grass/Poison which are two of my favourite types, so that's a huge bonus for me. Plus Venusaur is a huge beast of a Pokémon which really kicks butt in battle B) Meganium is adorable and reminds me of a cutie I know so she gets an unfair advantage, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite by far. Treecko and Grovyle are both amazing and I utterly love them both, I don't like Sceptile at all though (something so nimble and dexterous becomes a big hulking beast? :x) so I'll count them out. I love Turtwig and Grovyle but once again, I don't like the final in their line since he looks so grumpy and angry! Although the Grass/Ground typing that Torterra carries makes up for it, so that's a big bonus. And as for Snivy, I really don't like it's evolutions - I'd much prefer if Snivy was a stand alone Pokémon. Why does it lose it's legs anyway? :( But yeah, it's pretty much a tie between Bulbasaur and Turtwig, so I'll go with Bulba due to the prettiness of Ivysaur <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I was very fond of Bulbasaur when I used it the first time when playing RBY. Then the 2nd generation came, and I fell in love with the Chikorita line. <3 Everytime I play Silver, I always end up choosing Chikorita. xD I did the same when I first started playing Soulsilver. I just can't help it by choosing that starter!

So yeah, my favorite starter? Chikorita. Chika-Chika.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I was very fond of Bulbasaur when I used it the first time when playing RBY. Then the 2nd generation came, and I fell in love with the Chikorita line. <3 Everytime I play Silver, I always end up choosing Chikorita. xD I did the same when I first started playing Soulsilver. I just can't help it by choosing that starter!

So yeah, my favorite starter? Chikorita. Chika-Chika.

I've always wondered, why do you love the Chikorita line so much? o3o I mean, Meganium does look rather cool, but I can't see anything that special or unique about them D: It's a family I've always been underwhelmed with so I'd love to hear some reasons to love them x]

Years

Based entirely on design I'd have to say Chikorita and Snivy since they look kinda cute and they appeal to girls pretty well. I love the flower on Meganium's neck and Serperior's design being based on European royalty makes it appealing.

As for power, I'd say Treecko and Turtwig since their final evos learn some good attacks. Sceptile (despite being more special-based) can run physical sets well thanks to Swords Dance and it's pretty fast while Torterra has a fierce Grass/Ground typing, and its Earthquakes hit really hard.

My all-time fave would have to be Snivy. Cos I like its personality in the anime.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've always wondered, why do you love the Chikorita line so much? o3o I mean, Meganium does look rather cool, but I can't see anything that special or unique about them D: It's a family I've always been underwhelmed with so I'd love to hear some reasons to love them x]

The Chikorita family match my personality. They have the power to "heal". So like, when I check to see if someone's down, I try my best to make them feel better and be happy. And Meganium (especially) has the power to do the same, to heal the wounds and make the depression and the aggressiveness go away. I don't think any other grass-type have the power to do that, if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back