• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what starters did u pick?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Going by what I picked on my first playthroughs of these games, since I got around to using the others eventually.

Red: Charmander
Silver: Cyndaquil
Sapphire: Torchic
Diamond: Chimchar
White: Oshawott
X: Fennekin

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Most of the time I pick the starter I love by design the most
for me:

Gen 1 - Kanto - Charmander
Gen 2 - Johto - Cindaquil
Gen 3 - Hoenn - Mudkip
Gen 4 - Sinnoh - Chimchar
Gen 5 - Unova - Snivy
Gen 6 - Kalos - Fennekin
future Gen 7 - Alola - Litten

Fennekin is still my most favorite of all starters, mainly since Foxes are my most favorite of all species on earth, I don't need another reason for loving it so much. Most times when I'm not playing a specific theme team, it will always be on my teams

Years
Kanto - Usually Squirtle

Johto - Totodile

Hoenn - Mudkip. My first level 100 Pokemon was my Swampert on original Ruby. In Alpha Sapphire I nicknamed him Crasher Wake.

Sinnoh - Never played a Sinnoh game from the beginning because I got mine used and didn't restart them. If I did, I'd choose Chimchar because Sinnoh has essentially no other Fire types during the main plot except Ponyta.

Unova - Snivy in White, Tepig in Black 2 (nicknamed Pork Chop)

Kalos - Froakie

Alola - Rowlet. I'm going to nickname him Growlet.

Linyit

yaaay :3
Years
Gen 1: Pikachu/Charmander - First Pikachu.
Gen 2: Totodile - Love it.
Gen 3: Mudkip - I liek Mudkipz.
Gen 4: Chimchar - Love it, too.
Did not play 5 & 6 :(

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
When I first got Pokemon Blue, there was only one logical choice for my starter:

Bulbasaur

I ended up regretting that decision, because Bulbasaur kind of sucks. So when I got Pokemon Gold, I knew I wouldn't repeat that mistake. Not only did I not pick the Grass type, but I made sure my rival didn't either. That way, the Grass type could sit on Elm's table and rot. Thus my love of the Fire type began.

I've tried other starters, and Greninja was the only one I loved that wasn't a Fire type. Nothing against Water types, but everything against Grass types.

Back