• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
if Odyssey finishes in a month, then it'll be the first complete RP! :D

This is not actually true. It will be the first complete RP this year yes, but I know of at least 2 RP's that have been completed... and that's just in the time I've been here. There are probably a lot more from before I joined that I don't know of. The original version of Mira's 'Uprising' RP was completed, and Alter Ego had an RP that was completed a couple of years ago. The name escapes me, but I remember it was a great RP.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm thinking of starting my own roleplay, but I am having trouble coming up with some good ideas. Of course, if I like any the generator can team up with me if they like.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
This is not actually true. It will be the first complete RP this year yes, but I know of at least 2 RP's that have been completed... and that's just in the time I've been here. There are probably a lot more from before I joined that I don't know of. The original version of Mira's 'Uprising' RP was completed, and Alter Ego had an RP that was completed a couple of years ago. The name escapes me, but I remember it was a great RP.

okay you win :) the first complete RP in this year! :D

and Twin RPs before mine?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I know with the whole TRP thing and the fact that I am new here might deter some, but would anyone be open to a Halo-themed RP? Not sure how it would go but I will go through with it if their is interest.

That depends. Would the RP be based on the books or the games? Because I think a lot more can be done with the books, since there are so many spartans and such. I would totally be interested.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Another random idea. Avatar Parallel?

The Dream World would be where you would transport yourself to, and instead of the blue creatures, there's Pokemon. And, maybe some evil villain is destroying the Entralink Forest, or is trying to find a way to conquer that world. Maybe you would turn into a Pokemon, and half the story would take place in the real world, and the there half in the Dream World. Just a random thought, though. ^^

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I have been reminded of a certain insane movie. Because said insane movie has begun airing on HBO. (Insane in a good way of course)

I'm NOT going to do this myself because I'm not very original, but, I'm throwing this idea out there for anyone who wants to try to make some sort of RP of it for themselves.

You can even try to give a Pokemon feel to it if you want. That would be... slightly awesome.

Which insane movie am I talking about you ask? Well...

*drumroll*

Inception.

*runs like hell*

<_<

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Just to know... YuGiOh RP, anyone? Just to see a response...

Super-Mudkipz

Lieker of Mudkipz
Years
That depends. Would the RP be based on the books or the games? Because I think a lot more can be done with the books, since there are so many spartans and such. I would totally be interested.

I was thinking that the RP would be set in Pre-Reach times. So in other words, the time period of the books.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Just to know... YuGiOh RP, anyone? Just to see a response...

Yeah, ima workin' on one. Or at least, I kinda am... I haven't worked on it too much yet (but I have the overall plot set... for the most part) but I will work on it once I'm done working on my journey RP ^.^

... I've also thought up... or in this case, revived, a sequel to my journey RP, and another RP that is set in the same world, but it follows coordinaters. I might also work on a Robot Apocalypse RP (Have no idea how it'll work yet, I just got the idea from Robotek :P') and a Pokemon War RP... basically all of these I've already posted somwhere in this thread... Blegh, I'm working on too much :P'

Tenshi The Mew

- Tenshi ~♥~ Flurry -
Years
Okay, here's my announcement.

MY TRON RP IS DYING!!!

Only myself and two other accepted SU's. We need about 3 more...
Come on guys, I know a lot of people saw Tron: Legacy...
Please don't let this epic RP die... o~o

---

Here are my thoughts on the ideas I've seen:

High School RP - Well, it would be nice, but... You need a conflict...

Halo RP - It doesn't matter if it's about the Books or the Games; It's all the same story, and the same universe. The games just revolved around Cheif too much :| But yeah, if you had constant challenges and conflicts, that would be a great RP!!

Inception - Woah. Yes. And on a deeper thought (lol), posting on an inception RP is Inception. It's a post, withing a thread, within a subforum, within a forum, within a category, within a website, within the internet, within a computer, within a room, within a house, within a county, within a city, within a state, within a country, within a land mass, within the world, within the galaxy, within the unvierse...

Wow.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Inception - Woah. Yes. And on a deeper thought (lol), posting on an inception RP is Inception. It's a post, withing a thread, within a subforum, within a forum, within a category, within a website, within the internet, within a computer, within a room, within a house, within a county, within a city, within a state, within a country, within a land mass, within the world, within the galaxy, within the unvierse...

Wow.

What if you're using a laptop, on a plane??!!

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Guys my RP is also dieing. >: No one seems to understand what to do, nor is posting. It only looks like me and Lucario are showing activity. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but nothings happening. I worked hard to try and explain everything... :/

PS Roserade your accepted into the Legends. *sigh* we just need more posts...or whatever.

Years
Here's a weird and stupid idea that refuses to leave my head: I've been thinking about an RP where the players RP members of a newly formed mafia family(think Godfather), seeking to become the biggest and most feared crime syndicate ever to terrorize the region the RP will take place in, starting off very small and eventually moving on to the more "Big Time" plots, like bank robbery and such(they're a more conventional gang). Along the way they will face off against the Villainous Teams, not wanting the mafia family's crime syndicate breathing down their necks/the mafia not wanting competition, and maybe even foil their more serious schemes. It's sort of a Bad Guy vs Bad Guy RP, and yes, you can get Tommy Guns.

And if you want this to be a twin RP, you could even play as members of the Villainous Teams trying to stop the Mafia, a trainer who has taken it upon him/herself to stop them, or a member of the cops sent to put them in prison.

Last edited:

Super-Mudkipz

Lieker of Mudkipz
Years
@Fourcartridge: That is a pretty cool idea.

also, here is what I thought up for the Halo RP.

Halo: Romeo Squad:

Spoiler:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Super-Mudkips, are Pokemon involved, just to know. It sounds cool and I want to know more about the Romeo Squad.

Oh, and if I'm accepted to Legends, I'll go post. By the way, is the RP connected to Cries From the Other Side? They are alike, and I just wanted to know. ;D

EDIT: By the way, how many people have heard of PASBL, (Anime Style Battling.)

If you haven't, it's a unique way of battling meshed with RP. Basically, you choose a squad of Pokemon. Then, you stick with them to battle in Tournaments and other Trainers. These Pokemon are allowed to use more than 4 moves; they can use Egg Moves/TM's, etc.

http://pasbl.upnetwork.net/

This website details how to make a squad and the basics. I did not make this., and it's just for an example. It's used primarily for another website, and I though we could make our own version. I thought it would be fun to have a tournament, or something. Another idea...

Last edited:

Super-Mudkipz

Lieker of Mudkipz
Years
@ Roserade: No Pokemon aren't involved. And i will be adding more to the plot. If the interest is there, I could have the RP up by the weekend, maybe next week at the latest.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Cool, Mudkip.

Now more about the Anime Style Battling, I forgot to mention something. It's just like Anime Battling, (hahaha), you use two commands each turn. For example:

Azurill: Use Water Gun to soften the Earth and keep him stuck, then strike him with Hydro Pump.

Years
By TWP, I meant something like your War RP, Where the players interact and form much of the plot themselves. Of course, I will play the mafia don, and anyone else who manages to have a significant role in it, like maybe the Team Leaders and Executives (although I'm thinking about letting the players RP them). I'm also thinking about making this a cross-Pokemon canon RP.

Of course, the Villainous Teams plots have yet to be done, so the plot may focus on those. It's generally a "Make the Teams lives as miserable as possible before rubbing them out" plot, but I am having difficulty with thinking up a good intro post though. I'm thinking it's involving ether the Don forming the mafia family, or cutting to it muscling in another teams activities.

Guys my RP is also dieing. >: No one seems to understand what to do, nor is posting. It only looks like me and Lucario are showing activity. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but nothings happening. I worked hard to try and explain everything... :/

PS Roserade your accepted into the Legends. *sigh* we just need more posts...or whatever.

Well, this is just advice, but why don't you try to bunny NPCs, make thing happen to the players and make events for the players to react?

Last edited:

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
By TWP, I meant something like your War RP, Where the players interact and form much of the plot themselves. Of course, I will play the mafia don, and anyone else who manages to have a significant role in it, like maybe the Team Leaders and Executives (although I'm thinking about letting the players RP them). I'm also thinking about making this a cross-Pokemon canon RP.

so it's basically not a TRP :) the idea seems nice! but to be honest it's a little messy. but if you manage to make a plot out of it it'll be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back