• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
barca said:
This is what I'm doing... I replace muk's palette with ludicolo's palette like this...

Then when I go to muk on unLZ-GBA, the palette is all messed up and the back sprite dissapears...

You need to set the palette to the one you have in the original image or use your image editing program to change it into Ludicolo's colours. APE or hex should be able to edit the sprites colours.

KanouKono said:
need help fixing a problem with my ruby hack. I have a .bak and a .gba I didn't like the results of the hack so I changed the .bak into .gba after getting rid of the original .gba. The only problem is the .bak is no different from the hacked .gba why?

The BAK files are just backup files for your ROM, so if an error does occur then there is a backup. Changing the .bak extentsion to .gba shouldn't cause any issues. Just remember you can't play .bak files using an emulator.

Haseo said:
Um... I'm not sure if this is where I should ask.

When using advancemap, how do you remove the events and stuff. I was working on the first part of my Hack, and I realized I don't know how to remove everything that happens in littleroot town.

Some events need to be removed manually, using ASM or hex. You can always change your starting position also if you wish for the trainer to begin elsewhere.

Hyunbin said:
i have a problem when i try to resize a map (making it bigger)
i am using elite map and after i save (after saving it in a new space where there is a LOT of space at about 800000)
when i try to open it again in elite map, there are no maps found o_O
what happens?

Appears EliteMap has trouble with resizing without repointing the data...you might have to restart your ROM, if you didn't make a backup next time do so. I recommend that to everyone.

You can always use AdvanceMap, which should automatically repoint the map data and find blank space.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
REPOST: I want to adjust the level 100 exp required for a pokemon (eg. the pidgey family need 1000000 exp to level all the way to lv.100, i want to change that.)? Adjusting base exp. in PA or PEP doesn't work. Any solns?

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
Is there a way to change an item's name? I want to include some of the items needed to evolve the d/p pokemon

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
thanks Blazichu but after changing the .bak to .gba and played it the game didn't change and I think my ruby crashed sometime after I used pokemon editor pro. The screen is just blank white although the percentage at the top continued. What happened? Oh, yeah even after I changed pokemon names and data like Mew2 to Mew4 when I used advance starter the names stayed the same (this was done while the game was still blank white. I hacked unknowing of what happened to the rom.) Can I do anything to fix it? or is there no hope? I no longer have .bak so...

also, why does some maps open sometimes in advancemap and other times say file specified can't be found or something like that or canvas does not allow drawing? Is there away to avoid this or fix this problem. does anyone know what the latest version of advancemap is?

Last edited:

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
also, why does some maps open sometimes in advancemap and other times say file specified can't be found or something like that or canvas does not allow drawing? Is there away to avoid this or fix this problem. does anyone know what the latest version of advancemap is?

this is because the application (or a combination of advance map and other applications) is using too much memory
your computer doesn't have enough memory to open the map
try quitting other applications, and if that doesn't work, restart your computer

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
barca said:
Is there a way to change an item's name? I want to include some of the items needed to evolve the d/p pokemon

Use A-Text or Hex to change an item's name.

KanouKono said:
thanks Blazichu but after changing the .bak to .gba and played it the game didn't change and I think my ruby crashed sometime after I used pokemon editor pro. The screen is just blank white although the percentage at the top continued. What happened? Oh, yeah even after I changed pokemon names and data like Mew2 to Mew4 when I used advance starter the names stayed the same (this was done while the game was still blank white. I hacked unknowing of what happened to the rom.) Can I do anything to fix it? or is there no hope? I no longer have .bak so...

The issue of using the .bak file is that you probably need a converter or the original ROM contained a glitch.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
Hi, im a begginer hacker and im trying to use pokescript but it wont let me.
so i get that after installing it, i need to install PkmAdv to the same folder right?
but when i try to install that, a message comes out, saying "run-time error 429 ActiveX component can't create object"
I've tried reinstalling both but it's still not letting me.
Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

wahwa

Pokemon Revolution Creator
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
can someone tell me what is map script in header tab in advance map 1.90

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
barca said:
And how would I edit what the item does? (Sorry I know this should have been in the original question....)

You can always use check item codes but for certain functions I would not know where that data is located, like enabling some items might be flagged.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2008
Hello!

I put this Vaporeon pic instead of the normal one:http: //i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/Zzzzz91/Pokepic-ok.jpg

But with this pic,the Vaporeon's backpic give me this:http: //i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/Zzzzz91/Pokepicerror2.jpg

So can someone make me a Vaporeon backpic for UnLZ-GBA (http: //i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/Zzzzz91/935arrire.png)
that give me the normal Vaporeon backpic?

Thank you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
snowracer18 said:
there not there

or do i look for cheat lits for pokemon gold?

im new lol

Look under the FAQs & Guides, there should be Game Genie or Gameshark Codes there.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2008
oklisten
on my visual boy i go to load cheat listy

but ii dont know how to get cheat lists
i gust downloaded emulator today

so i dont know where to get cheat lists or how to put them in the game

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
snowracer18 said:
oklisten
on my visual boy i go to load cheat listy

but ii dont know how to get cheat lists
i gust downloaded emulator today

so i dont know where to get cheat lists or how to put them in the game

Well when going into Cheat Lists... then click either Game-Genie or Gameshark.

Copy and paste a code and put it into the bottom box. For example 01??F0D5, seeing as it has ?? you need to insert a value. So I'll put 0101F0D5 which should give me a Pokeball in the first Pokeball slot.

It isn't too difficult to do.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2008
its not working im trying to get a heracross
using the ne pokemon game shrk code

but it wont work

and when i do type it in it says something about xxxxxx format

and all codes are 101def01 or w/e format
how do i reformat them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.