• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Here are some more questions:
1. What hex byte do I change to stop the Ho-oh from bobbing up and down in the titlescreen?
2. Is the name, "Pokemon: DarkGold" copyrighted? Just wondering....
3. What is Dude's backsprite offset location in AGPIX?
4. Is there anyone here willing to sprite for a Gold hack? Please PM me if you wish to.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
1. What hex byte do I change to stop the Ho-oh from bobbing up and down in the titlescreen?
Most likely there's some ASM involved. You would have to disassemble the title screen's code and figure out what causes that.
2. Is the name, "Pokemon: DarkGold" copyrighted? Just wondering....
No, but Pokémon is a trademark if you're serious about that.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
No that's Pokémon: DuskGold.
Also Pokémon: DawnSilver is copyrighted.
Neither of those names has been copyrighted. That is just a ridiculous rumor perpetuated by some idealists who want a GSC remake.
Also with the 3rd question, if you change the Dude's backpic it results in the ROM glitching, from what I have heard.
Really? I can't imagine how that could hurt anything unless maybe a larger image is inserted; and even that can be circumvented by repointing.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Hello! I have a question about mapping...
how do I make maps connect perfectly? Example: I have a high map(route). you come Down the route-at the very bottom there should be a connection to the town which is small(25x20 blocks in A-map). but it's not...instead the connection in it the middle of the hight of my high route... If any one know how to fix this...please help.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hello! I have a question about mapping...
how do I make maps connect perfectly? Example: I have a high map(route). you come Down the route-at the very bottom there should be a connection to the town which is small(25x20 blocks in A-map). but it's not...instead the connection in it the middle of the hight of my high route... If any one know how to fix this...please help.

You have to adjust the "offset" of the connection in Advance Map.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
usually, the offset you put there are decimal numbers so you can clear the 'gap'...
try and look at Route 1 connecting to Viridian City, and you can see that the offsets there to both maps have the same number, but only difference is that the other one is positive, while the bigger one is negative. :\

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
What variables are safe to use (IE: aren't used by the game)? FireRed, specifically.

From what I read in another forum, variables from 3999 and below, are used by the game. Anything after 4000 are not used. Not 100% sure though.

Years
After resizing the hero's OW it turns invisible in game.
Is there a reason for this?
(I used OW changer, it worked fine for other sprites.)

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I have not found one living pokemon crystal rom hack thread in PC using the search function so is it a mere coincidence that I can't find much help with my crystal hack? I've been given several recommendations but I have stuck to hacking crystal but I'm having gfx problems in tlp. I remember someone telling me my offset was off by one or two places and so to use ctrl and + or - to fix that and it worked. Now I have the simple problem of not knowing what the hell some of these bitmaps show. 00083F54 and 00088154? What the heck is that picture. I have a tile arranger but I haven't figured out the pattern in which you have to arrange different tiles to get the accurate picture since these are bit maps so can any one help out?

Oh, and where are the trainer sprites? not OWs but actual trainer sprite for silver and crystal and the othe trainers? Any and all help is deeply appreciated!

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
@Dark Lakitu

You can't play the movies from VBA but you can play AVI.

Instead go to tools -> Record -> Start recording Avi.
And the avi will play with WMP, VLC and other programs like them.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I need help changing the palettes of the overworld sprite of the hero. I found a new overworld but not all the palettes match, so I need to change some. Can someone tell me how to do that? Also if someone can please provide a link to a decent palette editing tutorial. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I need help changing the palettes of the overworld sprite of the hero. I found a new overworld but not all the palettes match, so I need to change some. Can someone tell me how to do that? Also if someone can please provide a link to a decent palette editing tutorial. Thanks in advance.

You can use Overworld Editor to edit the overworld palettes. Export the hero sprite, open it in IrfanView select Image > Palette > Edit Palette. Then import it back in Overworld Editor and import the palette, too.

There's a palette editing tutorial here and here.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
00083F54 and 00088154? What the heck is that picture. I have a tile arranger but I haven't figured out the pattern in which you have to arrange different tiles to get the accurate picture since these are bit maps so can any one help out?

Oh, and where are the trainer sprites? not OWs but actual trainer sprite for silver and crystal and the othe trainers? Any and all help is deeply appreciated!
The image starting at 0x88365 is the player character shown on the status screen (your name on the start menu), uncompressed. Arranged vertically by seven tiles, like so:
3A
4B

etc…

As for the first offset, I assume you mean the stuff at 0x084A30 and following. That is probably the image data used in battles (I could specifically recognize the Strength rock). It doesn't all look right; some of it could be compressed.

Death-The-Kid

The one and only Shinigami
Years
  • Age 34
  • N/A
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Hey

2 Questions
--------------

1. I wanted to know if there was a sprite editor for pokemon blue/red/yellow that can edit trainers and pokemon sprites

and...

2. I also wanted to know how to script in pokemon blue/red/yellow

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back