• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Oh, Linear, you sweetie-pie...

Surely I can get accustomed to the missions. They're a pretty free thing after all. I'll probably involve Harley in more money-oriented ones in the future since that's really what she needs. The predetermined rewards and limited number of official missions put me off a little at first is all.

But I ain't GOT no questions. I'll start my first Harley post tomorrow!​

I'm glad to hear what you like and don't like, it'll help me come up with more fun ideas later on.

There's only a limited number of official missions because I can't think up an infinite number of missions for you guys, but what you do in this rp isn't limited by my imagination. You can come up with your own missions, you can submit mission ideas if you think you have a good one, you can do pretty much anything you want-- I mean, don't go off finding Lugia in the water beside Cherrygrove or something super extreme like that, but I trust you guys to make this your own adventure.

When it comes to rewards I choose what makes sense, like for the Hoppip mission, the thankful Hoppip could offer the trainers berries as thanks. For the garden mission, it makes sense that a gardener would have access to a miracle seed; however, if you disagree with the mission's reward, I'm happy to discuss them with you. To be honest I am kind of bad at thinking up rewards, so ideas are very welcome.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Right, right, that's all well and good, but I have no qualms with how you're handling missions. There's really no wrong way to do it, from what I can tell. My issues are with the missions mechanic in itself.

I'd go more in-depth, and I was actually about to, but decided it was becoming less of me wanting more out of missions and far more about my personal frustrations with these "journey RPs". It's entirely based on subjectivity. I just think things feel less character-driven and more "game-y" as I plan out which route I want my character to take, etc.

Honestly, I may not even dislike the more "game-y" feel. I do like the idea of writing out my own Trainer's adventures and giving them a whole inventory and what not while also fleshing out a universe I never felt was giving that much life in the main series. On the other hand, it starts becoming less about anyone else but myself, as I've discovered in Rainbows, where I'm basically heading off on a tangent. I don't have any investment in anyone else but my character, Arthur, because his actions never impact anyone else and vise versa. This isn't helped by different perceptions of the world held between me and the others because we're essentially given a blank slate. We just feel so disconnected, it honestly irks me. Will it be the same here? I don't know. It depends on the GM's policy, what they want, and what they'll enforce.

But if you want Hearts Reborn to be a really free, open sandbox, that's perfectly fine by me. I really don't want to convince you to do things "my way". I'll stress how I interpret or have interpreted missions is mainly subjective. I also don't want to be too pessimistic, as the roleplay's just starting out. Harley was very much intended to be an attention-grabbing character so I'll definitely strive to show some initiative in terms of having an effect on other characters that isn't just short-term, as well as on the common universe we all share. So no one can ignore me, aha

I'll jump in, see if I like it, and if I don't, no skin off any of our backs, right?​

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I'm be making my post today after school and work. I know I said I would have had it up a few days ago but I wasn't expecting work to be so tiring x_x

::EDIT:: Posted! GP, I made it so your character can also jump in and start the double battle if you want :)

Last edited:
Years
I'm be making my post today after school and work. I know I said I would have had it up a few days ago but I wasn't expecting work to be so tiring x_x

::EDIT:: Posted! GP, I made it so your character can also jump in and start the double battle if you want :)

He's not really the type to just jump in, but I'll see if I can make it work.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Oh sorry if i screwed something up there :/ maybe if the reporters saw him they would encourage him to join in? That way he wouldn't have to jump in himself, as he was invited

LinearAxel

Years
Wooo! Super excited by these posts! c= You guys are the best!

While I'm here, I'd like to ask: Do you guys want to keep discussions here, in the oc, or would you like a different way to communicate? I could make an etherpad where we can write down thoughts, notes, chat, etc, or I could create a skype group?

Whatever works best for you all!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
It doesn't matter to me. I know a lot of other RPs make a Skype group, so if you wanted to, you could make that.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Bluh, sorry. I've been both sick and working when not sick. If we blow past the first route without me, sorry again. I'm going to try to get something up on my day off.

Years
Apologies for the delay (again), I've finally gotten a Gunpowder post done now though so this is next on my list!

LinearAxel

Years
Been real quiet around here. I figured we'd be moving on to the next spot by now...is everyone okay?

Well, I figured I'd make the skype chat, and you guys can join if you want.

https://join.skype.com/zNnxVO7glztm

I'll start contacting people via PM if I don't hear from them soon, make sure they didn't die.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I think everyone is just busy with school or work. It's end of summer semester for a lot of people so i guess that picks up around this time x_x

Joined skype chat also.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Guess i'll be upfront and officially drop out. Thought I'd try to write up at least one post before deciding but I highly doubt that's going to happen.​

LinearAxel

Years
Guess i'll be upfront and officially drop out. Thought I'd try to write up at least one post before deciding but I highly doubt that's going to happen.​

Sorry to hear that. I'll miss you. </3

Looks like we've got a new slot opened, gang. Auditions welcomed!

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
I'd love to write up an SU for this. Before I do, would I have to start with Mime Jr? Or are there other options? I really don't care for it at all.

LinearAxel

Years
I'd love to write up an SU for this. Before I do, would I have to start with Mime Jr? Or are there other options? I really don't care for it at all.

Nope! Your starter can be any baby Pokemon that isn't taken, and isn't Riolu (I felt it would be unfair because it's the only baby Pokemon with a mega evolution).

Looking forward to your audition!

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Name: Martin "Marty" Lawrence

Home Town: Cianwood City

Appearance: Marty is tall, slim, and slender. He stands five feet and eleven inches tall with a thin, slightly androgynous frame. His legs are long and normally encased in tight jeans held up with leather belts of various colors. He hasn't quite grown out of the long, angular phase. His fingers are long and nails are short, and they're painted most of the time to match his outfit. His features are gentle and rounded, with full lips regularly curved in a shy smile. His hair is short and colored blond and pink. His eyes are large, round, and sky blue. Occasionally they are lightly lined in black. When he wants to look particularly nice he touches up his complexion and wears subtle lip color. However, he never does any of these things around his father.

In the field Marty wears black leather boots that lace tightly. He prefers sweaters and soft cotton long sleeved shirts. However, he carries tank tops in his bag in case of hot weather. His pokeball slots are attached to his belt. On his wrist he wears a dark metal watch. Around his neck is a chain that holds a strange shell, something he found with his cousin as a child.

Personality:
The first thing anyone would notice about Marty is that he's pretty. He's effeminate, both in appearance and mannerisms. His hips sway when he walks and his touches are gentle and light. The second is that he's shy. Marty is soft spoken and reserved and rarely initiates social interactions, no matter how badly he wants to. He avoids confrontation wherever possible, which unfortunately means he is a pushover. It's easy to manipulate him into things he doesn't want to do because it isn't likely that he'll speak up and say no.

However, he's a positive, encouraging influence in the lives of those who call him friend. He genuinely loves to see people happy and will go out of his way to make them happy. He is the friend that always buys lunch and remembers birthdays. He's a deeply empathetic individual and is happy when others are happy, and the troubles of others affect him as well.

Marty's goal in setting out on his own is to start a new career and gain the independence to leave home. He wants to prove toughness is not dependent on masculinity by becoming Champion.

Brief History: Marty's mother left when he was very young. His memories of her are fuzzy and distant and colored with pained bitterness. He doesn't know why she left, only that she left him with a father who seems to always be nothing but disappointed in him. It seemed that he was never strong, tough, or assertive enough. As he grew up he tried to be the son his father wanted, but it was impossible to force himself to be someone he wasn't. His closest friend was his cousin Meiche. She accepted him for who he was, a wonderful feeling he wasn't used to. They spent their childhood playing at the beach, collecting debris and other interesting items. When he was ten Meiche's family moved to the other side of Johto. Just like that he lost his best friend. He still sees her sometimes, but not nearly often enough.

With the presence of a gym in Cianwood, trainers of all sorts passed through all the time. Marty's father clearly expressed his desire for his son to get into competitive battling and maybe train at the gym. But Marty didn't click with Fighting type Pokemon. It wasn't until a certain trainer passed through that Marty realized there may be some wisdom to his father's urging. She battled with an Espeon, followed by Wigglytuff and several other positively adorable Pokemon Marty had never seen before. These, he liked. He told his father as much, but even after the woman received her badge and moved along he insisted that cutesy little Pokemon like that weren't worth the price of the pokeball they occupied. For a long time Marty was discouraged. But the more he saw, the more he knew he wanted to prove his father wrong.

So Marty began researching type matchups, attacks, and statistics. He observed gym battles and even got the chance every now and then to observe Pokemon in the wild. With a little white lie to his father about his type focus he went to Goldenrod to attend the Trainer Academy. He studied hard, paid attention, and gave it his all. In the end he graduated in the top six in his class. That in itself was enough reward, but then he found out the daycare couple was retiring and would be distributing their last hatchlings to the top students in his class. Hoping for something small, cute, and fluffy, he headed to the outskirts of Goldenrod to pick up his new partner.

Pokemon:
Cleffa
Female
"Rosalina"
173.gif

Pound, Charm, Encore, Present

Roleplay Sample:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7595412&postcount=9

Last edited:

LinearAxel

Years

I love this character already! You're accepted!

c= Welcome to the team! You can post in the IC whenever you like. Missions are available if you want to claim one, or you can do your own thing.

You can also add yourself to our skype group, linked above.

Thank you for joining us!

Back