• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi everyone. I got a question here...
I replaced an old trainer sprite for my new one, but it was too big, so I repointed it to a clean offset.
But when I tried it out, before even going to a battle scene, the game crashed.
Yes, it's in png format and 16 colours and 64x64 in size.

How can I fix this?
If can't, then how can I restore the trainer to have it's original sprite back?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
&h25E014, &h45A608 and &h45A870 all contain a list of the HM attacks (0F00, 1300, 3900, 4600, 9400, F900, 7F00 and 2301). I assume changing all three will result in a changed attack.
That's in hex editor? Or where do I search for the offsets?

And I've got another problem: When I pick up a Pokeball, it reappears...

Last edited:

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Thanks for the help :D Sadly, it doesn't seem to work? Either that or I'm misunderstanding your instructions. So if my text pointer in hex says 80CE93, 93CE80 would be its offset? Then I subtract two from the hex to make 93CE7E. Then...it should work? I subtrated from both the decimal and the hex, neither worked. I guess I just failed at understanding your instructions. Is it possible that someone could help me find the offset of pointer 80CE93 just by using this method? Thanks again, though.
No, I will explain it better:
80CE93 ---> 93CE8008 ok? Then, do a research in the rom with your Hex editor of 93CE8008.
When you find that, put in XSE the offset WHERE 93CE8008 is -2 (Ex. 805505-2=805502).
So, you found the script.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Hi everyone. I got a question here...
I replaced an old trainer sprite for my new one, but it was too big, so I repointed it to a clean offset.
But when I tried it out, before even going to a battle scene, the game crashed.
Yes, it's in png format and 16 colours and 64x64 in size.

How can I fix this?
If can't, then how can I restore the trainer to have it's original sprite back?

Try repointing to a working sprite (some random trainer or something), test, and see if it crashes. If not, delete your inserted sprite, re-insert it, and repoint it again. If yes, then... ick. I like the Ruby Destiny series...

That's in hex editor? Or where do I search for the offsets?

And I've got another problem: When I pick up a Pokeball, it reappears...

I'm using &h to refer to a hexadecimal address, so yeah. With the Pokéball, you'll need to set a flag within the script, and then attach that flag to the Pokéball. Seriously, most of the scripting tutorials in the Tutorials & Documents section will tell you how to do it.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
If not, delete your inserted sprite, re-insert it, and repoint it again. If yes, then... ick.

I'd love to do that, but the question is, how can I delete it?
Unlz-GBA can't read the newly inserted sprite. It only loads the old ones, but if I replace the old one with a new one, nothing happens.

I can try deleting the offset through a hex editor but I forgot what offset I used for the new sprite. :\

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2009
pokemon r/b/y hacking

alright this is going to seem like a very n00bish string of questions. im trying to make a hack of pokemon blue. things i'd like to know are:

1. how can you change the number of pokemon in the title screen from 16 to 15? i keep editing it in RBTitlescreenEditor, but a new one always appears which i didn't add.

2. how can i extract/replace the pokemon graphics? i cant seem to find any guides for 1st generation pokemon games.

3. can i change the internal name of the rom?

4. which bank/block in poketext is the text for the title screen under?

i've found countless guides for hacking r/s/e and fr/lg, but zero to none for anything earlier than that. thanx in advance.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years

I'd love to do that, but the question is, how can I delete it?
Unlz-GBA can't read the newly inserted sprite. It only loads the old ones, but if I replace the old one with a new one, nothing happens.

I can try deleting the offset through a hex editor but I forgot what offset I used for the new sprite. :\

UNLZ-GBA generates a .pal and .spr file when it reads a rom, I believe. Delete these, then look again.

Alternatively, load a clean rom, find the pointer for the trainer you replaced, and go to that location in your new rom.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Guys I Need Your Help .... i've Changed the Pallets of Something IN RUBY AXVE in APE
Now how to Write it to rom?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2010
I do apologize if this has been asked and answered already, I did attempt searching but that can be a pain when what you're searching for involves palettes, lots of posts have that in them after all. I simply wish to inquire whether or not it is possible to insert a completely new palette WITHOUT messing with already existing ones. I do have one other question but I have a feeling I'll probably be redirected to scripting help on it, and that's related to having a pokemon follow you in FR/LG.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I will be quite grateful for any input on the subject.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
UNLZ-GBA generates a .pal and .spr file when it reads a rom, I believe. Delete these, then look again.

Alternatively, load a clean rom, find the pointer for the trainer you replaced, and go to that location in your new rom.

I don't understand but I'll try to do that.

Guys I Need Your Help .... i've Changed the Pallets of Something IN RUBY AXVE in APE
Now how to Write it to rom?

after you changed the palletes, click this...
73oy0h.png

I do apologize if this has been asked and answered already, I did attempt searching but that can be a pain when what you're searching for involves palettes, lots of posts have that in them after all. I simply wish to inquire whether or not it is possible to insert a completely new palette WITHOUT messing with already existing ones. I do have one other question but I have a feeling I'll probably be redirected to scripting help on it, and that's related to having a pokemon follow you in FR/LG.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I will be quite grateful for any input on the subject.

I don't think that's possible though. :\
but I could be wrong. however, I haven't seen anyone did that.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
i have some sprites set with people id's 2001-2004 in order to hide them later on ith a set flag,but they randomly apear and disappear.how can i fix this problem?

Larsie13

Okay, so I've tried to assemble a song with Sappy, but when I try it, I get an error # 1032, "Invalid character" On line: .byte &Hbc 2_grp 2_key+0".

Anyone know what the problem is?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Okay, does any one know how to edit the intro (the place where brendon/may rides the bicycle and sees lati@s) in ruby?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015

What palette do you want to insert?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
It writes it to the ROM automatically.
Listen to this
I Saved The Professor Brich Intro As BG In Palette Viewer
Then I Imported it in APE
After that I Changed the Palettes
And When I Close APE there is nothing new
can you help

Status
Not open for further replies.