• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Is it possible to get a Shiny Stone in HGSS before beating the E4?

Also would having both Crobat and Togekiss in my team be too much of a disadvantage?

You could trade. Other than that, nope, you get it from the pokéathlon halls and from the bug catching contest, and both give them out only after u finish the league. Don't worry, you could always trade.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Is it possible to get a Shiny Stone in HGSS before beating the E4?

Also would having both Crobat and Togekiss in my team be too much of a disadvantage?

First Question was answered so I'll try to answer the second. Well what do you mean by your team, do you mean competitive wise or for the in game play. Because if so, those two Pokemon aren't bad for the in game play, now as for Competitive wise, I'm not that sure.

:t354:TG

Years
Ev train question:

Let's say that I kill 200 goldeen to get all the Attack evs i need. But, my poke only leveled up to 50. Will it still get the preferred attack stat at lv 100 if I stop killing those goldeens. If it's complicated to answer I'll rewrite the question more clear on my computer later.

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Ev train question:

Let's say that I kill 200 goldeen to get all the Attack evs i need. But, my poke only leveled up to 50. Will it still get the preferred attack stat at lv 100 if I stop killing those goldeens. If it's complicated to answer I'll rewrite the question more clear on my computer later.

Once you max out ur attack evs then u dont need to up it. seeing as that each goldeen will give 1 attack ev, you wont max it out. But, at level hundred you will get all 50 points (200/4). it just adds up a little later, you wont get all those points instantly.
tell me if that sounds wierd, ill try rephrasing it.

HeckYeahSeaking

Aqua Trainer-Wannabe
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
I've recently started a few breeding projects of sorts.
My first question is which Skarmory should I use
The moves I plan on teaching it are Drill peck, Roost, Metal wing, and Spikes(or Aerial ace)

-Docile nature, strong willed, happily eats anything (not sure if the last two make a difference but might as well put it there)

-Lax nature, somewhat stubborn, likes sour food.
-Timid nature, good endurance, likes sweet food.

Also what would be a good nature for a Magby with thunder punch and a Gabite with outrage.

Years
Once you max out ur attack evs then u dont need to up it. seeing as that each goldeen will give 1 attack ev, you wont max it out. But, at level hundred you will get all 50 points (200/4). it just adds up a little later, you wont get all those points instantly.
tell me if that sounds wierd, ill try rephrasing it.

1. Catch Adamant Gyarados lv 30
2. kill goldeens/seakings with macho brace getting 152 evs for attack, get to level 36
3. add 10 proteins (100 attack evs) for a total of 252 attack evs
4.Repeat for the defense/speed evs (12/246)
5. All done ev training, now at lv 40
6. Can i now just use Gyarados randomly ingame since i have filled all the evs? or will battling random pokemon and leveling up mess up the training?

*also, should i just transfer the ev trained pokes to my black? will i get more use out of my hard work there?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Firstly, you'd need to use the Proteins/etc before training on wild Pokemon, because they will only give you EVs for the first 100 - so if you already have a 100 or so EVs in a particular stat they will have no effect.

As for 6 - yes, you can battle anything you want once the EV training is done - they remain fixed so battling something else after won't change a thing. The only way to 'overwrite' EVs is to reset them via specific berries.

And you'll get the same 'use' out of EV trained Pokemon on b/w as in dppt/hgss - only depends what you would use it for anyway but it doesn't matter where you do the EV training. I suppose the only real difference is that it is easier to obtain the berries that reset EVs in the 4th gen games than the 5th atm if you ever need to use those.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Elite Four Help

I'm playing HG, and I was wondering what a good team is for the Elite Four.
I can't beat them. XD

H i l d a

S p r i t e r
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Can't get to Blackthorn

I just beat the Mahogany Gym Leader, I beat that Team Rocket guy, and caught Shiny Gyardos at the Lake of Rage, but the guy at the right of Mahogany Town refuses to let me go to Blackthorn City. He mentioned the Olivine Lighthouse, so I went over there, but there was nothing. I also went to become an owner of the Safari Zone, but yet again, nothing. Did I miss something important? Thanks in advance. (:

H i l d a

S p r i t e r
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Oh, I never payed much attention to that call! My bad! Guess I'll go head over to Goldenrod and see what's up. (:

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Aloha everyone. I have a quick question. I am thinking of breeding for an Adamant Dragonite and using him as a Physical sweeper. I have a Power Bracer to EV Train in Attack and saving for the speed power item. I'll EV him in attack for sky-high attack and speed to outspeed most and add the remaining EV's in HP. Would this be a good setup? I won't be using this for competitive battling.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I suppose - certainly 'better' then not EV training if you say intend to use it for the Battle Frontier. Mind you if you go for a Dragon Dance set then you could possibly consider putting some more EVs into defence instead, but I can't say I'm an expert with EVs and whatnot for that sort of stuff. =p

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
I guess Defense would be good because DD would be good to use but it allows the foe to attack you.

I was thinking of something like this:

Dragonite @ Leftovers OR Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Wing Attack
EV's: 252 in Attack and 252 in Speed (Or Defense) and remaining 4 in any other stat.

I have a Hardy Nature 'Nite which has the exact same move set as the one posted above but only has 320 total attack (It's at Lv 100). And I hear you can get alot more attack out of 'Nite if you EV. And I hear alot of people prefer Adamant as a Physical sweeper, which is my main goal.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I guess Defense would be good because DD would be good to use but it allows the foe to attack you.

I was thinking of something like this:

Dragonite @ Leftovers OR Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Wing Attack
EV's: 252 in Attack and 252 in Speed (Or Defense) and remaining 4 in any other stat.

I have a Hardy Nature 'Nite which has the exact same move set as the one posted above but only has 320 total attack (It's at Lv 100). And I hear you can get alot more attack out of 'Nite if you EV. And I hear alot of people prefer Adamant as a Physical sweeper, which is my main goal.
The thing with Dragonite is that it's not one of the most fastest Physical sweepers out there. This is why a lot of people tend to go for a Jolly nature 'Nite over Adamant. Looking at its Base Stats, it's Attack is at 134 while the Speed is set at only 80. If you plan to use it as a sweeper and outrun most of the Pokémon that can out speed a Dragonite, I'd suggest going for a Jolly nature. You can then decide what you'd like to do with the remaining EVs, if you'd like to put some in defense. Also, one more thing that I would suggest if you can do it, is instead of Wing Attack I would try and get Extreme Speed (HG/SS only). This way you can wipe out anything that's left with very little HP before it hits you first.

Now, I myself am no expert when it comes to competitive play including training up for the Battle Frontier, but the Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions thread over in the Competitive Battling Center forum might be of better help. The members over there know more than I would.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
^

Red can be rematched after defeating the Elite 4 as Kenshin5 said.

You can do this repeatedly to keep fighting him for fast EXP.

'Elite 4 > Red > Elite 4 > Red'

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Which is better, a rose incense or a miracle seed? Do they both have the same effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back