• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen OU RMT

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
team B (5th Gen OU RMT)

team.B

at a GLANCE
392.gif
620.gif
462.gif
579.gif
091.gif
635.gif

392Infernape_Dream.png

INFERNAPE
@ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Stone Edge / Earthquake

Infernape is my main lead. Because his moveset is so versatile, people don't know what to expect against him which makes him my best choice of a lead. Of course, with team preview he isn't always the lead if I feel he wont be able to counter the other lead well. Infernape also helps Magnezone deal with the common Steel types, with STAB Overheat and Close Combat. If needed, Grass Knot will take care of any Grass or Ground types that give him trouble. Stone Edge gives nice type coverage over any other Pokemon thrown at him. I'm thinking of putting Earthquake over Stone Edge because I have no other ways to easily deal with Electric types.

620Mienshao_Dream.png

MIENSHAO
@ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fake Out

Mienshao also makes a nice lead when needed. With Regenerator, she will always be healed up when I switch her out so that she will be able to help out later in the match. STAB Hi Jump Kick can hit pretty much anything hard, while Fake Out + U-turn can be used as a way to quickly tear down fast leads. Hidden Power Ice provides type coverage, and can be unexpected. I'm thinking of possibly replacing her with an entry hazard user to help Cloyster sweep. If I do this I can have a Pokemon with Stealth Rock + Earthquake + Dark move to help cover some of my team's weaknesses.. I already have Cloyster covering Pokemon with Ice weaknesses, and Infernape with Fighting weaknesses.. Tyranitar maybe?

462Magnezone_Dream.png

MAGNEZONE
@ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Charge Beam

Magnezone is on my team to help deal with pesky Steel types that can bother many of the other team members. Air Balloon gives Magnezone an advantage over his Ground type weakness, and Thunderbolt can deal with Skarmory and Empoleon, who can hinder Cloyster, and Hidden Power Fire can take care of Ferrothorn or other Steel types. The idea for Magnezone is to use Reuniclus and Hydriegon to lure any Steel types then switch in to eliminate them so that I can sweep the rest of the opposing team with Cloyster, Reuniclus, and Hydriegon.

579Reuniclus_Dream.png

REUNICLUS
@ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Trick Room[/RIGHT]

Reuniclus is usually my first Pokemon that I use to attempt a sweep. I set up Trick Room, and with his extremely low Speed that is now extremely high, I can attempt to sweep the opposing team. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast provide Reuniclus with great coverage, and STAB Psychic can hit anything hard with Trick Room in play. While he is attempting a sweep, he will lure out some Steel types, namely Scizor, of the opposing team which will allow me to switch in to Magnezone to get rid them.

091Cloyster_Dream.png

CLOYSTER
@ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Cloyster is my main sweeper. I can switch him in on an opponent that doesn't threaten him, use Shell Smash and begin the sweep. With Skill Link, Icicle Spear and Rock Blast can put a dent in most Pokemon, even without Shell Smash, and Razor Shell provides nice STAB against other Pokemon that switch in to him, mainly any Steel types. His main weakness is Empoleon, but I can just switch in to Magnezone to knock it out. One thing that greatly hinders his sweep are entry hazards. I'd like to replace someone with a Pokemon that can use Earthquake and Rapid Spin, as well as possibly lay down entry hazards for other teams.

635Hydreigon_Dream.png

HYDREIGON
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast​

Hydreigon makes a nice revenge killer, as well as a nice attacker in general. Draco Meteor hits hard and with STAB, U-turn allows nice scouting and can counter Psychic types, and Fire Blast and Focus Blast add type coverage. His main weak point are Steel types, but Magnezone can switch in nicely and get rid of them so Hydreigon can continue the kill. I'd like to put a Dark type move on him to have a better way to hit Ghost types and Psychic types, but I may find a better place for this on whichever Pokemon I may decide to replace Mienshao with.

Threats:
530.png
Excadrill-
534.png
Conkeldurr-
635.png
Hydreigon-
637.png
Volcarona-
639.png
Terrakion-
645.png
Landorus-
609.png
Chandelure-
612.png
Haxorus-
640.png
Virizion-
642.png
Thundurus-
560.png
Scrafty-
579.png
Reuniclus-
494.png
Victini-
620.png
Mienshao-
555.png
Darmanitan-
647.png
Keldeo-
649.png
Genesect-
641.png
Tornadus-
380.png
Latias-
445.png
Garchomp-
373.png
Salamence-
091.png
Cloyster-
186.png
Politoed-
003.png
Venusaur-
038.png
Ninetails-
454.png
Toxicroak-
286.png
Breloom-
132.png
Ditto-
212.png
Scizor-
272.png
Ludicolo-
376.png
Metagross-
392.png
Infernape-
485.png
Heatran-
149.png
Dragonite-
547.png
Whimsicott-
385.png
Jirachi-
479-wash.png
Rotom-W-
130.png
Gyarados-
245.png
Suicune-
141.png
Kabutops-
248.png
Tyranitar-
472.png
Gliscor-

I'm not really sure in what order to play these in, and I need help with just about everything. I'm open to most suggestions and can't wait for people to help. I'm not sure how well this team works out, so go ahead and tear it to shreds!

Changes:
- Chose Life Orb over White Herb on Carracosta
- Chose Stone Edge over Rock Slide on Carracosta
- Chose Waterfall over Aqua Jet on Carracosta
- Chose Aqua Jet over Earthquake on Carracosta
- Changed Hydregion to a Choice Scarf Set, instead of Life Orb.
- Changed Infernape's ability from Blaze to Iron Fist.
- Changed Reuniclus to a Trick Room Set, instead of Calm Mind.
- Replaced Shell Smash Carracosta with Shell Smash Cloyster.
- Revamped thread, and added Threats list (currently filling in).

Last edited:

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Pretty cool team. The way I see it, either Mienshao or Infernape are your best "leads". But due to Team Preview, it often depends on what the opponent will start out with. I think you're underestimating Carracosta's bulk even at -1 defenses. Conkeldurr barely manages to 2HKO with Mach Punch and Scizor needs a full layer of Spikes +SR to guarantee a kill with Bullet Punch. Life Orb is indeed the best item you can give it, it needs all the power it can get anyway. You only need 244 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature to outspeed Thundurus, but feel free to max out speed if you feel that that extra touch of bulk is negligible. Stone Edge and Waterfall are obligatory imo, as the difference in power between Rock Slide and the former is quite huge. The last slot is a toss up between Aqua Jet (<-- use this one) and Earthquake. Aqua Jet lets you kill threats that outspeed you even after a boost like Excadrill in Sand for example. Earthquake hits Jirachi and Ferrothorn, but you have Magnezone for that.

Dragons can put quite a dent on this team with their outrageously strong STAB attacks so using a Scarf Hydreigon may be the best course for the team. It will kill troublesome Garchomp stuck on Outrage or Latios after its fire off a Draco Meteor.

You're probably off with another moveset on Reuniclus or maybe something else entirely. Since this team gains almost nothing from crippling Scizor or Tyranitar (maybe Latias but...), common switch-ins. Magnezone can beat the common bulky dancer that lack Superpower. The rest of your team can hit Tyranitar super effectively in some way. Aside from countering Conkeldurr, Reuniclus just seems a bit "slow" in this team to be honest. Investing an another ground immunity or a solid water resist may be worth your time.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Iron First outclasses Blaze on Infernape totally so use that.

Sigilyph does the whole Flame Orb abuse better tbh.

Carracosta is kinda eh, Cloyster is so much better at abusing Shell Smash. Carracosta is too slow, it cant even outrun Starmie after a boost (361) whilst Cloyster can outspeed every scarfer in the game pretty much. That and Cloyster isn't walled by as much as Carracosta is (see: Ferrothorn etc).

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
You're probably off with another moveset on Reuniclus or maybe something else entirely. Since this team gains almost nothing from crippling Scizor or Tyranitar (maybe Latias but...), common switch-ins. Magnezone can beat the common bulky dancer that lack Superpower. The rest of your team can hit Tyranitar super effectively in some way. Aside from countering Conkeldurr, Reuniclus just seems a bit "slow" in this team to be honest. Investing an another ground immunity or a solid water resist may be worth your time.

I definitely agree with this. You actually have very very little trouble with Scizor and Tyranitar anyway (ie you have Mienshao and Magnezone on your team) and Latias is actually really annoying, considering it can beat out Infernape, scare out Hydreigon, walls Magnezone, KOs Mienshao, etc... I'd much rather see you use a TR Reuniclus so you can not only disrupt other offensive teams but so you can lure in a Latias that presumes it's a CM variant and OHKO with Shadow Ball.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Pretty cool team. The way I see it, either Mienshao or Infernape are your best "leads". But due to Team Preview, it often depends on what the opponent will start out with. I think you're underestimating Carracosta's bulk even at -1 defenses. Conkeldurr barely manages to 2HKO with Mach Punch and Scizor needs a full layer of Spikes +SR to guarantee a kill with Bullet Punch. Life Orb is indeed the best item you can give it, it needs all the power it can get anyway. You only need 244 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature to outspeed Thundurus, but feel free to max out speed if you feel that that extra touch of bulk is negligible. Stone Edge and Waterfall are obligatory imo, as the difference in power between Rock Slide and the former is quite huge. The last slot is a toss up between Aqua Jet (<-- use this one) and Earthquake. Aqua Jet lets you kill threats that outspeed you even after a boost like Excadrill in Sand for example. Earthquake hits Jirachi and Ferrothorn, but you have Magnezone for that.

Dragons can put quite a dent on this team with their outrageously strong STAB attacks so using a Scarf Hydreigon may be the best course for the team. It will kill troublesome Garchomp stuck on Outrage or Latios after its fire off a Draco Meteor.

Okay, I made some changes based off of your opinions. I used Vrai's Reuniclus, so maybe it will fit in with the rest of the team now. If it doesn't I'll consider replacing it.

Iron First outclasses Blaze on Infernape totally so use that.

Sigilyph does the whole Flame Orb abuse better tbh.

Carracosta is kinda eh, Cloyster is so much better at abusing Shell Smash. Carracosta is too slow, it cant even outrun Starmie after a boost (361) whilst Cloyster can outspeed every scarfer in the game pretty much. That and Cloyster isn't walled by as much as Carracosta is (see: Ferrothorn etc).

Is Iron Fist released yet? I decided to use TR Reuniclus instead of Flame Orb so.. And I think I'll try to use Carracosta, but if it doesn't work out when I playtest it I'll consider switching.

I definitely agree with this. You actually have very very little trouble with Scizor and Tyranitar anyway (ie you have Mienshao and Magnezone on your team) and Latias is actually really annoying, considering it can beat out Infernape, scare out Hydreigon, walls Magnezone, KOs Mienshao, etc... I'd much rather see you use a TR Reuniclus so you can not only disrupt other offensive teams but so you can lure in a Latias that presumes it's a CM variant and OHKO with Shadow Ball.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Okay, I changed the set to TR, but I'm a little confused on how to use Trick Room with the rest of my team.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Well basically TR Reuniclus is its own cannon; it comes in on something (ie Conkeldurr, etc) and sets up Trick Room as it switches out. Now, obviously, you're faster than almost everything in Trick Room, and you've also got a base 125 SpA with solid coverage and you spam Psychic/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball accordingly from there. It's really unnecessary to worry about TR for the rest of your team; if Reuniclus dies a turn before TR ends (which it shouldn't but it is possible) you can just stall out the rest of the TR turns by being smart.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I've been giving Cloyster some thought.. Carracosta falls pretty easily and a good Dragon-type pretty much OHKO's everything on my team, and Cloyster seems to play the Shell Smash role much better. So I'll swith him in over Carracosta and go from there with the rest of the team, seeing if his weaknesses are covered well.

Back