• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

sexual promiscuity

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
not really interested in your posts if you're a virgin sorry
(i'm aware of the obvious joke this entails)

1. would you consider yourself sexually promiscuous?
2. how many sexual partners have you had? to define sexual partner I usually go by 'the means in which you lost your virginity'
3. do you regret any of these partners?
4. could you handle an open relationship? what kind of boundaries would you set?
5. how do you feel about promiscuity in general?

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
Years
1. Yes. I USED to be very promiscuous back in my bi-curious days
2. 5 guys and 5 girls
3. A few of them. (some were just sex and no strings attached, (kind of lame, because I wanted more than that, i.e. a relationship, others I disliked their personalities)
4. I could. Boundaries would be no PDA's and no roleplay/sex texting
5. I like it, but it seems that I get more dudes than girls having sex with me
which is fine, but can grow a bit repetitious.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
1. No
2. Just over one-hands worth
3. Yes
4. No

5. I don't think promiscuity is always bad, but there's the inherent risk to one's health which is the big thing for me. Whether its health in terms of STIs to mental health - I guess some people are wired to deal with casual sex a bit easier than others, but at the same time I know plenty of people who had some kind of breakdown period and ended up jumping from bed to bed as a consequence.

So, promiscuity is fine as long as a person is happy and safe.

Years
Yes, and especially a couple years ago when I started experimenting with the same sex.
2. how many sexual partners have you had? to define sexual partner I usually go by 'the means in which you lost your virginity'
4 girls and 3 guys.
I regret one because while she was dating me she had trouble leaving her current boyfriend because he helped her out so much in life. And she was screwing one of her roommates too. I wanted to start taking things seriously with her, but it eventually fell apart.
4. could you handle an open relationship? what kind of boundaries would you set?
I don't think I would be able to handle an open relationship long term. I know I would want the relationship to get serious at some point. Boundaries I would set would be not to tell me who you're sleeping with.
I don't think it's a bad thing at all as long as your keeping yourself safe. If you like someone and want to have sex then go for it. I've known lots of people who are like that both guys and girls.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

Not at all no.

One and a half. I guess. Are halves ok?

Not really no. Well. No. The half was kind of immediately regrettable but I don't think I would have opted out of the experience had I been given the choice and foresight.

I honestly wouldn't know until I tried it. There's a part of me that says being with others for casual sex and then being able to come home to one person that I actually love and want to be with for more than just that would be nice and/or exciting, but the other part of me says that open relationships aren't real, legitimate relationships. But then I think about what kind of impact a group interaction would have on a closed relationship. Would that be a doorway into promiscuity changing the relationship forever or could it potentially just be a one time thing, a once in a while thing or a never again thing just done to be able to say you've tried it?

I'm incredibly clingy and don't know that I could handle watching, knowing or even having an idea that my significant other was with another man regardless of how appealing I would find the prospect of being with other women aside from the one I loved.

I guess the final line is I think open relationships as a whole are more for teenagers or adults under 40 who don't want to commit to something at such a scale or fear the restraints that being in a real closed relationship entails. Once you actually become an adult or come to around the age of 40 then I feel that it would be time to leave those traits behind and settle in to building your future, somewhere to stay, people and things to remember and remember you. When I say 40 I'm not actually thinking 40 period, but just that point in time where you've begun to or finished outgrowing a majority of the things you partook in as a child/teen/young adult.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
1. Yes.
2. "The means in which you lost your virginity" is still kinda vague. That being said, frankly I can't remember the amount of partners I've had. A few months back I actually tried to sit down and count them all, but then there are people I always forget. I'd rank it at around 50+ though :/
3. The good majority of them lmao.
4. Yeah, I could, but only in certain circumstances? If I'm doing long distance I'm completely fine with it being open but other than that, I'd really just like to settle down with someone more than anything. I guess my boundary would just to be open about communication and how you feel.
5. I don't mind it, but I think people really need to be careful because there are a lot of people who use anonymous sex as a method of self-harm. Also always be safe!

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years

I feel as though I can be, if I'm going through emotional stress or a spectacularly long dry spell. That being said, I'm fine with casual sex too.

More than thirty, I'd guess.

Some of them, since I've sometimes used sex to stop myself from confronting whatever's going on in my life. I usually don't, though - I've never really seen sex as something that serious.

I doubt it.

I'll always say that people's wishes should be respected. I don't hold any negative feelings towards anyone who's more liberal with sex than I, just don't be an idiot and stay safe whenever you do it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I love everything about sex, but I'm also sensitive deep down so I try to limit my sexual partners to keep myself from being hurt so I would say no to the first question. I've had 7 partners. I only regret the 6th one because of how awful it was. I wasn't really attracted to him or had any interest tbh, it had just been awhile and I thought "why not?" but I learned from that you should never sleep with someone you're not attracted to in anyway loooooool. I don't think I could handle an open relationship at all. I like what's mine to be mine and in return I'd be equally as loyal. What you like and do in your sex life is your own, I can't really hate on it. I judge cheaters though or people who get with a cheater and are aware of the circumstances. Also just be safe, use protection and try to be aware of your partner's history/if they've been tested. I understand sometimes one night stands just happen. I always get checked after a new partner for my own health and for the health of others.

every person i've been with has been a different experience and i love it. everyone does it a little different and it's fun finding what you like best or what you'll learn from someone else. i just think opening up and sharing bodies with someone is a beautiful thing, especially when you and the other person are on the same wavelength

Years
No, not at all. I mean, I have an active imagination, but it doesn't go past that.

You could count the number on one hand and not use every finger.

No, at least not any more than I regret things in general.

No. Everything I've heard about open relationships from friends had been bad and resulted in hurt feelings and lots of problems. It's too easy to grow attached to someone, to develop feelings, and open relationships and feelings, from everything I've heard, don't mix well. Basically my boundary is: no.

People who indulge in it aren't the kind of people I get along with. I'm not trying to judge (very much) but given the potential for hurt feelings and infection being promiscuous feels either heartless or reckless or both.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
No. I tend to sleep with people that I've had a strong bond with. I had a one night stand once and don't intend to again.

Sometimes. It's pointless to though. They're all a part of me in some way.

In theory I'd like to think so because I feel like too much time with the same person can make you sick of them even if you really do care about them. In reality I know I would get jealous.

It's not how I'd approach sex personally. I don't like the idea of having sex with someone I barely know and I'd try my best to avoid becoming involved with someone who does. I could be friends with those kind of people but no more.

Back