• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The last movie i saw in theatres was The Hobbit around christmastime :3 was a great movie!

It so was not omg. It was so boring! The first half, my God. I swear I fell asleep at one point, woke up an hour later and the dwarves were putting together a shelf from IKEA.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The last movie i saw in theatres was The Hobbit around christmastime :3 was a great movie!

I enjoyed it as well. Quite good, imo. The last film I saw in the theatre was Star Trek Into Darkness which was excellent. I loved it <3

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Ugh Pixar really do like to squeeze every last drop of money out of their franchise don't they?

Theyve only started doing that sonce Disney bought thm, you know. The reason for cars 2 is because the merchendise for the first movie is the stuff that sells most in the stores.

I liked the way it was paced, Andy. It wasn't as slow as metropolis that's for sure. Yes it wasnt actiony from the getgo but i thought they did a good job establishing everything. They kept with the songs of the book and imo it was good!!

Years
Theyve only started doing that sonce Disney bought thm, you know. The reason for cars 2 is because the merchendise for the first movie is the stuff that sells most in the stores.

And now that they've bought out Lucasfilms as well they're going to ruin the Star Wars franchise :'(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The prequel trilogy already ruined the Star Wars franchise, there's nothing they can do to ruin it now. It's only up from here lol

Years
Is the new Star Wars based on the expanded universe post-empire with the New Jedi Order? That would be really cool if they could get that into movie form.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
We're not sure about what will happen with Star Wars either... nothing is really known. :/

Sir Codin

I really wish we'd get more info on the sequel trilogy. I hate being in the dark about what's going on about it.

Years
I remember watching the classic Star Wars movies, so I'm hoping the new trilogy will have some good potential despite the Disney takeover. I mean, the series still sells quite a few merchandise among kids.

Years
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who has never seen a Star Wars movie. I don't even know what order I'm supposed to watch it in, I've heard they were made and released a weird way. 8(

( p.s. hello everyone I am new here, how's it going? :U )

Years
You can watch it two ways: Episodes 4, 5, and 6 (which were made in the late 70s / early 80s, then 1, 2, and 3 (which were made more recently). Or you can watch them 1, 2, etc. The only thing is that the two groups of movies are really different in a lot of ways and you might find you like one group and not care for the other.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
OMG YOU GUYS HAVE TO! They are iconic. I grew up with the first trilogy and then the second came out and I saw all of the movies in theatres. :3

Years
And now that they've bought out Lucasfilms as well they're going to ruin the Star Wars franchise :'(

Are you implying Star Wars had any dignity left? :P

Star Wars was pretty entertaining, but the writing quite frequently screams "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE I'M JUST WINGING IT AND HOPING THE SPECIAL EFFECTS CARRY THE MOVIE!" Then again, most SciFi movies have been like that throughout the genre's existence. And SciFi is one of those genres where you can basically invent whatever you want for your universe and force the viewer/reader to accept its existence like the Tardis from Doctor Who.

droomph

weeb
Years
Star Wars was pretty entertaining, but the writing quite frequently screams "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE I'M JUST WINGING IT AND HOPING THE SPECIAL EFFECTS CARRY THE MOVIE!" Then again, most SciFi movies have been like that throughout the genre's existence. And SciFi is one of those genres where you can basically invent whatever you want for your universe and force the viewer/reader to accept its existence like the Tardis from Doctor Who.
I believe that if you don't know how to write, you shouldn't be in the movie or book making business.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Are you implying Star Wars had any dignity left? :P

I think that's only the really low grade stuff that does that sort of thing. True sci-fi is supposed to be about taking the technology and mindset of the modern day world and trying to find a natural evolution for them to present in film, and using that to say something where we are as a society at any given point in time. Though at some point, it basically became futuristic pew-pew with cool looking toys. Which is fine too, we all need a mindless movie every now and then, but I'd be inclined to say that the sci-fi genre has been responsible for a lot of the most innovative films ever made. (not most, just a lot)

Though, Star Wars, yeah. Lucas is a good director, bad baaaaad writer. He's the sort of guy who can come up with an awesome idea for a story and where it should take place and what it should look like and what the characters should be like, but the in depth scripting definitely needs to be in better hands.

I believe that if you don't know how to write, you shouldn't be in the movie or book making business.
But it is a business so, ultimately, talent and skill isn't as important as appeal. (which is how my local bookstore ends up with rows upon rows of paranormal Young Adult instalove stuff)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person who has never seen a Star Wars movie.
I haven't seen them either. Bought the entire series on VHS with the intent to watch them. Never did. Probably because I just don't watch movies. Last movie I saw in theaters was Bolt in 2008.

Or maybe because I was raised on Star Trek.

Pretty much. I always wonder if the people who say that they want to be a published writer know just what they have to do to even get started, what they have to deal with, and the quality of work they have to produce. Unless, as Ryoutarou said, you write young adult romance books with vampires/werewolves/both. Every time I go into the YA section of a bookstore, that's all I see.

Years
I hope you all had a rad first day of the Get-Together!

My ex-girlfriend's ex lent her Star Wars. It's ticked me off ever since.

Mr. Spock and Sulu are beautiful.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
That's weird, while riding in my dad's car the other day, I was thinking about re-watching the Star Wars movies. I barely remember watching them as a kid. My dad also told me to go watch Star Trek. I don't like starting anything that has hundreds of episodes, though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back