• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Oi! Brand new here. Love Pokemon and figure as I go off to college I'd like to meet some people here I can play with every once and a while because all my Pokemon-playing friends are staying here. Or whatever. Hit me up sometime, maybe we can battle/trade.

Years
Oi! Brand new here. Love Pokemon and figure as I go off to college I'd like to meet some people here I can play with every once and a while because all my Pokemon-playing friends are staying here. Or whatever. Hit me up sometime, maybe we can battle/trade.

Hi Niklauss, and welcome!

If you were looking for fellow Pokemon fans to talk to, you definitely came to the right place! You'll make loads of new friends here, and since you're a keen trader and battler, why not check out our Trade Corner and Battle Center sections of the forum. Both are teeming with activity, and there's also a Pokemon Showdown server you can check out. I'm OshyHikari there if you're looking for me. (OshyHikari stands for Oshawott Hikari, and I love Oshawott, so it fits)

If you ever need anything, feel free to send me a visitor message!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
Hey I'm Nate and I'm new I love pokemon have done for years! I like playing the retro games and am trying to get them again starting from blue and red if I can. Generally I use a water starter but sometimes I use fire. Anyway hi!! Feel free to message me to chat.

Ps yes I cosplay togepi

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey I'm Nate and I'm new I love pokemon have done for years! I like playing the retro games and am trying to get them again starting from blue and red if I can. Generally I use a water starter but sometimes I use fire. Anyway hi!! Feel free to message me to chat.

Ps yes I cosplay togepi

Hey Nate, nice to have you with us!
If you love Pokemon this is definitely the site to be, there are plenty of boards to check out and see.
I love to replay the games too, i think I've played evey Generation about 5 times ^^
For me it's the other way around, i always pick the Fire Starter and sometimes the Water type.
Anyways, i hope you fun and i'm looking forward to see you around! :D

vovillia

CEO & Owner of VoVillia Corp.
Years

Ps yes I cosplay togepi

Hey Nate, it's nice to meet someone that has a similar philosophy with Pokemon games as me! :D

Cid

Years
Welcome to PC, guys!

Yeah im having a great time :D
Sure, we can definitely become friends!
i haven't really talked to another member since i joined, so that would be cool :)
I sure hope this last bit has changed! You've been a pretty cool member thus far, particularly here at NU/W. :D

Hhihihihihihihihihihi I'm Jolteon, if you play Mario kart 7, you might know me :P I'm not a battle pro, but I do have a WIDE collection of pokemon on pokemon white ;3 Hopefully I'll feel teh welcomez here :P
I don't play Mario Kart 7 because I don't have a 3DS yet, but if I did, then it would be awesome to see someone well-known in that fanbase. You don't have to be a pro battler or anything to enjoy this place. And even if it were, catching lots of Pokémon is an accomplishment enough~ I hope you're having a good time in this ol' Pokémon forum of ours. :)

Hi my name is William. I am new here. I have been a member at gamefaq for the last month. Are the rules here any different?
Hey there William! The rules here are probably a little different compared to the ones they have at GameFAQs. We're both basically forums / boards in the Internet, but PC has tons of differences. There are section-specific rules, signature rules, account rules, profile rules and for some, blog rules. Plus we tend to have discussions for stuff outside of the games. Still, they're all easily found everywhere, because on literally every page you can access the forum-wide rules, and the most up-to-date section-specific rules are stickied on top of the section's page for your convenience. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here even with these rules, because rules aren't everything this place has to offer. :P

Hello! ^_^

I'm fairly new to PC. :p

A little about myself? Hey, why not :)
In short, I am a..

Video gamer, Pokemon-crazed, internet-surfing, Kpop loving teenager!
I like to sing & dance (even though I don't find myself too good at it..).
For music, I like to listen to k-pop, all genres of rock and metal, instrumental music and the music of nature, like rain/thunder. c:
I'm a pretty calm and reserved person, so I'm actually not very social.. I think I'm alright at it though. I'm super friendly, and I don't like to bite, unless it's trolls or very idiotic people, hehehe.

Oh.. and... I'm madly in love with boyband Super Junior~ ◕◡◕

But please, let's all try to avoid conflict, yes? :D

Humm.. I think that's all. :p Don't want to say to much about myself!

Don't be afraid to message me if you wish to chat or make friends! c:

Thankies! c:
This looks like an intro thread. XD; Since you haven't made your own intro thread yet, I could turn this post into a separate thread if you'd like! Or if you're more comfortable with the New Users' Hangout instead, then that's fine too! I'm not a K-pop fan, but I have a lot of friends in real life who are. From what I've heard, the artists themselves work hard for their fans, and they went through a lot to get there, so it's all good. Those friends I have are pretty fun to be with, too. ;)

I hope you're liking the forum so far! And get into many interesting places of the forum as much as you can! If you need any help, just approach us. :) And if you'd like to make friends, then you shouldn't be afraid to message other people if you wish to chat or make friends, too! :D Welcome to the forums~

Hiya! For that purpose, a visit to the Battle Center and the Trade Corner (which Hikari has already linked, haha) would probably be on your top priority list. If you have the time though, try to branch out of the forum and see if you could enjoy more people's company! There's also PC's battle server if you haven't seen it yet. With your interests, I think you'll like that place. Because a lot of us server regulars certainly do.

I hope to see you there, Niklauss! And elsewhere around the forums, of course.

Ps yes I cosplay togepi
Hey there, Nate! Well what do you know! I'm also a fan of retro games, I've loved Pokémon for years as well, and I generally use the Water-type starter, and then the Fire-type one. Haha. I don't know much about cosplay but if you enjoy it that much then I'm all for it! The Togepi line is pretty cool, after all. Make lots of friends here, alright? And don't be afraid to get yourself out there.

Years

Ps yes I cosplay togepi

Hi Nate, and welcome to PC.

Nice to see you replaying all your old Pokemon games, it's always fun playing again and comparing to the newer games to see what's changed. And I love Water-types best as far as starters go, especially Oshawott. I just totally adore that blue otter, even the username I use on PC's Pokemon Showdown battle simulator is based on Oshawott.

And yeah, I'd be happy to talk to you anytime! Just shout me a VM, but be warned, I can get a bit crazy.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I sure hope this last bit has changed! You've been a pretty cool member thus far, particularly here at NU/W. :D

This has definitely changed since i joined, I've met a bunch of cool and friendly people already!
Everyone is so nice around here, love to meet new members every day and getting to know them :D
And thanks! i try to be as active as possible, since I'm having so much fun on here, and greeting new members is something i like to do, to make them feel welcome, as not so long ago others made me feel ^^

Reactions: Cid
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Hey, brand new here, too. Well, almost. I registered three days ago, but the site got a new layout in the meantime so I kinda feel like an old member now :laugh:

Love Pokemon and figure as I go off to college I'd like to meet some people here I can play with every once and a while because all my Pokemon-playing friends are staying here.

I go to college too, but I have literally no pokemon-playing friends. I've tried to convert some of them, but without much success. One of the reasons I joined. People have been really nice with welcomes and such.

I don't really favor any type of starter, in fact I usually have a difficult time choosing. The X and Y ones look great! I think I'm going with the plant this time...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I go to college too, but I have literally no pokemon-playing friends. I've tried to convert some of them, but without much success.

I don't really favor any type of starter, in fact I usually have a difficult time choosing. The X and Y ones look great! I think I'm going with the plant this time...

I feel pretty much the same, i really don't know anyone who plays pokemon anymore, that's the reason i joined myself, and i wanted to try some challenges and hacks. Luckily enough, i found this site, which has been a blast of fun so far! :D

I think i might pick Chespin too this time, although they all look really cool! I guess it all depends on what 2nd type their evolutions will get

Years
Hi guys! I'm Desmond, but some people call me Moon Bear thanks to ASDF movie. Anywho, I live in Alabama and like long walks and fresh flowers. Nah, just kidding. I love Pokemon and have since I was little. I just found out about PC and I flipped out! Nice to meet everyone!

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Zoro, really? I thought you liked fire types.

I actually think Chespin might get a secondary fighting type. I don't know, it's the way he waves his hands around I guess:laugh:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
*drives up in expensive car*

I have just found out about PC. While I was looking for somewhere to get trades.
I look forward to meeting you!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years

I actually think Chespin might get a secondary fighting type. I don't know, it's the way he waves his hands around I guess:laugh:

Correction, i absolutely LOVE fire types :D And to add some more controversy, Grass is my least favorite type out of all 17 xD i just thought i might try something new this generation, plus i think Chespin has the coolest design so far. He really might become a Fighting type, i'm hoping for Rock or Ground
But who am i kidding, i'll probably end up picking Fennekin anyway ^^ Fire Starters, they just get to me

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I've a tradition of not using any starters but Water type for my first playthrough but this time round, I reckon I'll be changing that. I don't like Froakie or Chespinn quite as much honestly. I usually hate the Fire starters but Fennekin is just aaaaaaaa.

Also, welcome to PC guys! Nice to see you all here.

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Say, while I am here..

Do any of you know how long it will take *on average* to get 7500 points in Dream World? I was reading that if you get certain amounts of points, more Pokemon pop up.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well, it all depends on how much you get done while in the dream world. Here is a chart:

10 Points Water your friend's Berries
20 Points Complete mini-games in the Island of Dreams
30 Points Make Dream Pals with someone
50 Points Log in to Global Link

So the more you do, the more points you can get!
And yes, the more points you have, the more Pokemon pop up in the different dream routes you can take. Also, depending on the pokemon you put to sleep, there are some routes you are more likely to take than others.

Years
Hey, brand new here, too. Well, almost. I registered three days ago, but the site got a new layout in the meantime so I kinda feel like an old member now :laugh:

Hi guys! I'm Desmond, but some people call me Moon Bear thanks to ASDF movie. Anywho, I live in Alabama and like long walks and fresh flowers. Nah, just kidding. I love Pokemon and have since I was little. I just found out about PC and I flipped out! Nice to meet everyone!

*drives up in expensive car*

I have just found out about PC. While I was looking for somewhere to get trades.
I look forward to meeting you!

Hi there, all three of you!

Nice to see you all decided to pop by, and I do have to admit the X and Y starters all look so cute I just can't decide who to pick! But I secretly love Water-type starters best, so I might end up picking Froakie. But you never know... Fennekin and Chespin look adorable as well.

And Muani, you should check out the Trade Corner section if you want to trade with fellow PC members. Unlike the GTS, Trade Corner trades are reliable and you're guaranteed to get whatever Pokemon you need. Whether it'd be the Quick Trade Thread or one of several Trade Shops, that section is your best friend. It even has its own chatroom where you can hang out with fellow traders!

You can also contact either Mac or twistedpuppy if you have any questions regarding Trade Corner, and they should be able to assist you with any help you need.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cid

Years
Alrighty, more new people! Welcome to PC, Da_Man, Moon Bear and Muani! :) By the way Moon Bear, nice username! ;) asdfmovie is downright hilarious. I love watching each one again and again until the jokes get hardwired into my brain. It's just so freaking random, haha.

Well, it all depends on how much you get done while in the dream world. Here is a chart:

10 Points Water your friend's Berries
20 Points Complete mini-games in the Island of Dreams
30 Points Make Dream Pals with someone
50 Points Log in to Global Link

So the more you do, the more points you can get!
And yes, the more points you have, the more Pokemon pop up in the different dream routes you can take. Also, depending on the pokemon you put to sleep, there are some routes you are more likely to take than others.
Oooh Zoro, thanks for that tip! I mean I don't get into the Dream World aspect of the Gen V games much, but I probably wouldn't have bothered searching that in the Internet. XD; Still, don't mind me. :P I'm content with being curious for now.

Oh and Muani, which Dream World 'mons were you aiming for? I love the hidden abilities that come with those critters, so that kinda made me curious. :D

By the way, guys. New Users' Hangout is basically a chit-chat thread about anything so I think we can talk about anything we wish here, as long as it follows the rules of the forum (and it's not spam, as delectable as the processed food might be for some). So! This might look like I'm going off-topic considering how this thread usually looks like, but nope, I beg to disagree. ;D

This has definitely changed since i joined, I've met a bunch of cool and friendly people already!
Everyone is so nice around here, love to meet new members every day and getting to know them :D
And thanks! i try to be as active as possible, since I'm having so much fun on here, and greeting new members is something i like to do, to make them feel welcome, as not so long ago others made me feel ^^
I'm really really glad to hear these kinds of stuff. Makes me feel all warm inside. :)

Correction, i absolutely LOVE fire types :D And to add some more controversy, Grass is my least favorite type out of all 17 xD i just thought i might try something new this generation, plus i think Chespin has the coolest design so far. He really might become a Fighting type, i'm hoping for Rock or Ground
But who am i kidding, i'll probably end up picking Fennekin anyway ^^ Fire Starters, they just get to me
Fennekin! :D I'm still gonna wait for their evolutions before I decide, but right now Fennekin is my front runner. Gonna break my usual Water-type starter preference, but I feel that change is good sometimes. Chespin looks like it could be Fighting, Rock or Ground too, actually. Just right now I'm really pumped to see what Game Freak will go for.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
asdfmovie is downright hilarious. I love watching each one again and again until the jokes get hardwired into my brain. It's just so freaking random, haha.

I've never heard of this asdfmovie before :/ is it good?

Oooh Zoro, thanks for that tip! I mean I don't get into the Dream World aspect of the Gen V games much, but I probably wouldn't have bothered searching that in the Internet. XD; Still, don't mind me. :P I'm content with being curious for now.

Haha you are very welcome! love to help out my fellow members :D
You should try the Dream World more often, it's actually a bunch of fun imo.

Fennekin! :D I'm still gonna wait for their evolutions before I decide, but right now Fennekin is my front runner. Gonna break my usual Water-type starter preference, but I feel that change is good sometimes. Chespin looks like it could be Fighting, Rock or Ground too, actually. Just right now I'm really pumped to see what Game Freak will go for.

Change is good from time to time, that's why i might pick Chespin myself. I'm excited to see their evolutions though, after that I'll make my decision :D

We should talk more often Cid, you seem like a very fun and nice person!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back