• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
OOOOh wow Bloodex got rejected twice!

I like his idea of Mods randomly pairing people up for the day. Cause it's not like I'm doing anything that day. Cause I'm forever alone and all and have no one to ask.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Heyheyhey. I didn't get rejected. I think it's pretty obvious RL's playing hard to get.

And the random Valentine thing should so happen. Seriously. Someone tell the Hstaff!

Sir Codin

I hate Valentine's Day. Like, really really hate it.

Or should I call it "Single's Awareness Day" since all it does nowadays is remind me of all that wonderful sex that I won't be having with anyone.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Heyheyhey. I didn't get rejected. I think it's pretty obvious RL's playing hard to get.
Sure, whatever you say, Dipu. x)
And public transportation is fine here in Boston. Unless you're on one of the old 50+ year old trains that go a top speed of 15 mph/25 kmh.
Valentine's Day is a neutral holiday for me. Not bad but not good either.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Valetine's Day is a bad day for my wallet, since my girlfriend would wanna do something and want me to buy her something lol :(

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Wait, is there actually a serious idea being pitched here? If so, someone wanna fill me in on the details? :]

Also Dipu I worry about you sometimes.

Sir Codin

Valentine's Day is nothing more than a waste of money.

All those chocolates, candies, flowers, cupid figurines, and condoms will not last the day and even if they do, "love" is usually only as eternal as your wallet and these memories will eventually do nothing more than embitter you.

I also hate how everyone states it's a day to celebrate and cherish your significant other. Oh really, as opposed to the other 364 days of the year where you're supposed to be nothing but a bitter A-hole to him/her?

And no, I'm not being like this because I don't have a girlfriend (although it doesn't help).

Actually, screw it, I am being like this because I don't have a girlfriend. And it still doesn't help.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I enjoy long walks on beaches and quiet nights in (and have a moderately positive opinion on Katy Perry!) - LOVE ME.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Valentine's Day sucks this year more then ever. No income the one year where going out to a bar looking for single chicks all high on romantic fantasies is viable is the worst outcome ever.

I also love how all of male PC is lumped in one DCC asking for virtual pairs for one day. Its like we all decided to creep out the female PC in one fell swoop.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I've honestly never been fussed about the ol' VD. It's been nice when I've been in a relationship and when I'm not in one... meh, it's just been another day for me. I personally don't see anything wrong with people having a special day to celebrate their significant other more than usual (aka throwing money around) - same way as mothers' and fathers' days work.

Elendil said:
I also love how all of male PC is lumped in one DCC asking for virtual pairs for one day. Its like we all decided to creep out the female PC in one fell swoop.

ahaha this is great

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wait, is there actually a serious idea being pitched here? If so, someone wanna fill me in on the details? :]

I guess I might as well pitch it, since it was my idea.

Basically have the Hstaff assign people a person to be with on V-day, be it as a pair or a cute couple, etc. Easiest way I can think of how to actually make this happen and succeed would be to make a thread in about a week's advance (tomorrow) explaining the event and people would comment saying they'd like to join the event. Their name would be added to the main post (I guess w/ gender and such, and if they want, they can say their preference, or if they're undecided. That's a grey area, though, not sure how to work that).

After we have people who signed up for it, Hstaff creates couples by lottery and announces them on the thread. And for the rest of the day, or hell, maybe for the rest of the week, the couple does as they please. They can be silly with each other that's you and me, RL, flirt, become a pair, etc. I guess you can have a Valentine's Day chat thread if you want, where people talk V-Day stuff and couple stuff. And from their on, have a good time. Who knows, new friendships can be made, or even better! Of course, emblems must be created for joining. Hell, maybe even a Prom King/Queen type award/emblem for the cutest couple. Me and Razor would win that, of course.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
This is going to be the first V-Day (that's gonna catch on I'm telling you now) where I actually AM in a relationship and I'm actally quite looking forward to it, probably precisely because it is my first. Generally it feels very much like a giant party I've not been invited to but I suppose there are people who feel that way for most holidays, whether because they have no lover or no family.

I mean it's obviously a commercial grab but that's no reason to hate it. Every single holiday is a commercial opportunity but that doesn't mean the day itself is inherently without merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back