• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Spinosaurus - If you're forcing yourself to play Yoshi's Island, just stop and try again months or years from now. You're not going to like it if you, say, have (or had) expectations in mind or if you have to look for things to like in it. In fact, by forcing yourself to play it you'll only like it less overtime, so I recommend stopping, at least for the time being.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Nintendo games on other consoles won't happen, simple as that.
In other news:
http://i.imgur.com/m61ZDgV.jpg
Likely near-final design of the PS4 controller. It looks great, and the pseudo-glass combined with the middle glass touchpad is an awesome idea. Placement of the start/select is weird, but its likely gonna change.

I have two solutions about this design; either Sony is desperately trying to copy Nintendo's past gimmicks, or Sony has decided to join the android apps trend that's said to potentially destroy the console market.

Years
Haha I don't think I'm even considering picking up the PS4. Speculation about it makes it sound pretty horrible; though I can't judge until the finished product is released. I have seen footage and images, and doesn't look like something I will enjoy for too long.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I have a feeling that I might just be getting a PS3 when the PS4 comes out unless the PS4 can play PS3 games. Because there are games that I want to one day play but I don't have the money to get a PS3 right now. Nor will I have the money for one especially if I want a 3DS before one.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
My backlog could last me the whole next gen. I am more than content to get a PS4, a PC or a Nextbox lol.
@Spinosaurus - If you're forcing yourself to play Yoshi's Island, just stop and try again months or years from now. You're not going to like it if you, say, have (or had) expectations in mind or if you have to look for things to like in it. In fact, by forcing yourself to play it you'll only like it less overtime, so I recommend stopping, at least for the time being.
That's what I always do and at this point I actually think I should force myself lol. I'll give it another try later on, like June or so? Who knows. Donkey Kong Country Returns was the same and it only started clicking on me like last June (magic month) despite owning the game since day 1 and I loved it to death. Third time's the charm I suppose.

I'll just put it on hold and finish DKC2, and start Super Punch Out!! and F-Zero then move on to Super Metroid when it's out on the Wii U for SNES games.

Years
Always happens between me and games, delaying and then playing again later so I can miss it. I actually had a bit of a break from Skyrim, playing so much after coming back to it. I dunno why, but I always just seem to like games a lot more when I go on hiatus from playing them and then I play them again.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I probably won't be buying into the next gen consoles...lack of interesting exclusives (to me)...at least for the time being. My first priority gaming-wise would be a PC.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah don't get me wrong, I would love to see what the PS4 is, but not buying it is definitely happening. Gonna wait 2-3 years before I do, and seeing as I already bought a 370 euro console(the Wii U premium bundle is about that over here) in 2013, there is no way in hell am I buying another 400 euro console. Maybe in 2015 when its around 300 and some exclusives but until then, nah. And anyway, Watch Dogs is coming to Wii U, so whatever next gen exclusive comes along the one I want the most is already coming for a console I own. Get Star Wars 1313 on there as well and you'd need to drag my sorry butt to own a PS4 or 720.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...&usc=abcat0700000&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01
Dudes, PS2 games at 99 cents, for anyone who has a best buy near them and didn't pick up any essential, or don't have much. Basically every game in existence for the console, at 99 cents. If your store has some greats, go for it, this like a treasure cove of glory!

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
You're lucky man, I would kill for something like this, there could easily be an infinite amount of games you could buy if you don't own. Man what I would do if I had a best buy near me.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Why not order them? There may be shipping and handling, but it'd be worth it.

EDIT: Oh, I see why.
Yep in store only. If this was shipping I would so be over it, 90 cents amounts to 65 euro cents, basically making the games for free. :P

Also, in other news:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323764804578311993152891294.html
Apparently the newest rumor is that Sony will allow cross platform play to phones and tablets. I dunno about you guys, but I doubt the smartest plan when it comes to selling a console is self cannibalization. Hopefully its limited to PS3 games in the end or doesn't happen at all cause it sounds stupid. I mean sure, I can get owning a PS4, cloud streaming your game to your phone when your on the go or at your office but outside of that? Consider also how you can buy PSN games from your PC, what's to say someone won't want to just buy games without the console, still have a PSN network, and just play them streamed through Gakai on their selected platform? Sounds like something Sony would do if they're deciding to bow out of the console race, as an open platform combined with cloud gaming doesn't sound like something you use to market a console.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Speaking of that...well, actually, it's mostly unrelated, but are any of you excited for, or at least looking forward to, the Nvidia Project Shield?

As a PC gamer and a rather avid at-home and away Handheld gamer, this is a rather appealing product to me, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll work out and if it's practical.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Project Shield is the ultimate emulator, I don't give a hoot about anything else. Sure its an expensive emulator, but its going to be the most reliable android emulator, and not something from China that looks like the bottom half of a DSi. Okay, over exaggeration maybe a teeny bit, cloud gaming is going to rock on a Tegra 4 chip set, and I like how it can stream to your TV.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I started giggling when I saw High School Musical the game for PS2 and wondered who would buy that.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
...I take it back, I'm not buying anything from Best Buy. If I do, I'll end up having over $40 in games that I'll probably rip to my computer and play on PCSX2, leaving them as proof of purchase that will just sit around and never go in my PS2. I don'y want that.

...Though I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't because of the $40+ I'd be paying. God, that was a great system.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I started giggling when I saw High School Musical the game for PS2 and wondered who would buy that.
True story, its the only PS2 used game that has been on the shelf day 1 since it started in a major retailer here that hasn't been sold YET. Everything else is a 1 day first come first serve deal. PS2 games come and go like crazy, but that? Nope, it just literally gathers dust.

...I take it back, I'm not buying anything from Best Buy. If I do, I'll end up having over $40 in games that I'll probably rip to my computer and play on PCSX2, leaving them as proof of purchase that will just sit around and never go in my PS2. I don'y want that.

...Though I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't because of the $40+ I'd be paying. God, that was a great system.
I'll take the games of your hands. :3

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well, to be honest, I would love to have the games in physical possession just for the sake of having them, but I don't want to pay that much, which I'll DEFINITELY end up doing.

When it comes to PS2 games, I have no restraint. Heck, my PS2 directories altogether on my computer are a total of 110 gigabytes, and I had to delete stuff to make space -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back