• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
It took me quite a while to grasp all this(forgive me, as I'm quite tired lmao from waking up just now), but yeah, I love the royalty idea! It's a nice twist for something in the E4, at least it shakes up the monotony of what we've had the past five generations or so. That being said though, keep in mind that royalty consists of a lot of branches, much more so than your standard King/Queen/Prince/Princess and whatnot, yeah? We might have to fight some new people(why does Court Jester come to mind?), since royalty is divided into several ranks, yeah? :3

...I hope that didn't sound confusing. @_@

Ah, The Court Jester…What? It's a hilarious movie!

Ok, I have to get it out of my system.

Why can't Sylveon pull a Tails(from Sonic), and just use it's ears to basically flap itself in the air??

This is probably the stupidest thing ever, but it has literally been on my mind since this Pokemon was released and speculation has been around concerning it's type. @_@;; That would be the only way I can picture it flying in any way whatsoever.

Actually, that's a Cream: she flaps her giant rabbit ears to fly in Season 2 of Sonic X, I think. Tails actually has tails.

Last edited:

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
I'm almost certain that Sylveon is either a Normal type or Flying type (the other types wouldn't make much sense). The only thing that steers me away from Normal is that they seem to be making a big deal out of its type by not revealing it (listing it as ???) and if it were a Normal type I honestly think they would've just told us. I'm thinking pure Flying since it will only be the second pure Flying type to be introduced (and the first non-legendary one). God forbid them introducing a new type for it.

I wonder if Sylveon differs depending on its gender? The one we've seen is very feminine looking.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe it's the first duel type eeveelution? I'm hoping it's pure flying as it'll make it the second (third if one counts Sky Arceus) pure flying which seems like a big deal. Hopefully we don't have two wait over a month to find out like with the Mascots...irc Reshiram ane Zekrom's type already leaked around this time. Maybe a Pokésmash member liked Dark, or Flying types...go on put it in your blog...
Hope they disclose them soon, cause if not then the new type people will be salivating as it'll seem like too much to withhold a already existing type/ type combo (even a new combo) for longer than 2-3 months.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm trying to image Sylveon flapping its ribbons around to fly and nothing is non-outlandish enough for me to make believable mentally, aha. I imagine it might be something similar to how Sesshomaru from Inuyasha flies, in the fact Sylveon will kind of glide on the tails lowest on its body as they extend below/perhaps wrap around its feet or something like that. Not that that's any less outlandish...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm trying to image Sylveon flapping its ribbons around to fly and nothing is non-outlandish enough for me to make believable mentally, aha. I imagine it might be something similar to how Sesshomaru from Inuyasha flies, in the fact Sylveon will kind of glide on the tails lowest on its body as they extend below/perhaps wrap around its feet or something like that. Not that that's any less outlandish...

Well some have said that those ribbons are made out of flesh.. @__@ So it can be possible! Someone also said it can fly like Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Honestly that's probably how they'll do it, because I can't see how else they'll make it fly around, and I'm pretty sure it's a flying type now, too.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

*imagines Sylveon's ribbons making it like a helicopter*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
tumblr_mialrhW5jO1r1mrqeo1_500.gif

tumblr_mij3djiTxc1qjm056o1_500.png

Do either of these help with the picture? XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That wasn't why I posted those XD

The others above were trying to picture Sylveon flying and I found those the other day on Tumblr XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Painful yes, but not overly unlikely when it comes to Pokemon. :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
It definitely doesn't seem to be as painful as the thought of Doduos spinning their necks like a helicopter trying to fly. Oh gosh...

On another note, not sure if anyone brought this up before but, it seems as though more rumors are floating around 4chan based on this article here, Pokémon X And Pokémon Y To Bring Significant Changes To Series? I'm almost 99.9% these are fake, but there are some pretty cool ideas in there. One of the interesting things that stuck out to me is the plot being heavily influence by past and present time travel and how the past affects the present and future. Also, there's some cool new "rumored" items and info on the new Legendary Pokémon.

For something that's likely fake, it's a good read.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't want Jean and Jane so I'm just... simply dismissing them as fake, in a really hopeful way. :(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I know it does sounds fake, but:

The rival faction is Team Gear whose members wear purple bodysuits with black clock hands on them; they mess with events in the past that affect the present

I find that quite interesting speculation! I mean, Team Galactic was more involves with space, but this team is involved with time! I find that pretty cool; which could mean that the protagonist could travel through time as well~

Guy

just a guy
Years
HeartGold and SoulSilver definitely didn't shy away from time travel with the events of Celebi and Giovanni, so I would find it extremely interesting if they incorporated such a thing as a major plotline in the games.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
If that's true, expect this to be my favorite Pokemon game ever. XD Time travel is such an amazing concept to add to the games, and I'd like to see what it would be like traveling to the past as well as the future! If one thing from that 4chan lean could come true, I'd prefer it to be that over anything else.

This is going to be easily my favorite pokemon game as well! I mean, there is just soooo much potential this game can bring! I do like the idea of time travel; would that mean that we can re-visit past events from each of the past gen games? Or maybe just "hints" of them?

Napsy

Tiny Deer
Years
I can't have been the only person to say this; but, What if Sylveon was a gender based pokemon with a 100% female ratio?
And they released a male counterpart?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well travelling to the past and future could make sense given that B/W were to do with the past and future, so heading back and forward does seem logical for the next games, but I do doubt the entire leak is true given that well, Jane... yeaaah.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I can't have been the only person to say this; but, What if Sylveon was a gender based pokemon with a 100% female ratio?
And they released a male counterpart?

Holy ****, you are smart!!!!!!

If that's true, expect this to be my favorite Pokemon game ever. XD Time travel is such an amazing concept to add to the games, and I'd like to see what it would be like traveling to the past as well as the future! If one thing from that 4chan lean could come true, I'd prefer it to be that over anything else.

Time travel would be great for the gen 6 storyline. A rare pokemon temporarily transports you and your rival sometime into the future, only to find that the region you live in is in ruins, completely overrun by the evil corporation (team rocket for example). You can walk around and talk to the civilians - find out what happened and why everything turned out like this. Maybe you could even defend the poor civilians from team rocket, in pokemon battles of course! After you defeat them they will be all like: "You remind me of that little brat 50 years ago" Or something like that.
Later on you get transported back to your own time, tell everyone the bad news, how everything will be overrun by team rocket. So on and so on.
This would be a plot to a great storyline!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back