• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
It must be really hard for gays in the south to come out. That must be a nightmare.

Yes it must be! I for one live in right next to the Canadian boarder, but people here have strong Judeo-Christian and Evangelical "moral values." Seriously, have you heard of the yoopers, they are all about hunting and church; it's awful! lmao.

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
Years
Yes it must be! I for one live in right next to the Canadian boarder, but people here have strong Judeo-Christian and Evangelical "moral values." Seriously, have you heard of the yoopers, they are all about hunting and church; it's awful! lmao.

Oh, god.

They're probably hunting for gays. I hate bible-bopping idiots like them.
I live in New York City. It actually has a large gay community there. In the downtown part, at least. And gay marriage was just legalized there.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Do we really need to be be Bible bashing?

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Nah, we are proverbially bashing the people that use the bible to literally bash others. lol

But really, several religious institutions abuse their power to oppress others.

Years
I thought i answered this before, but i mustn't have xD
Would or could you be attracted to or date or consider dating someone who is transgendered?
Nope. Not one teeny bit. I've nothing against transgendered, but their not my type. It's the same with all these hollywood actors who probably use more products than the actresses ¬.¬

Nah, we are proverbially bashing the people that use the bible to literally bash others. lol

But really, several religious institutions abuse their power to oppress others.

I wouldn't say the institutions abuse their power. Its just a select few people who follow it who use their religion to target those who they don't like because the government a scared of offending peoples religions.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
To be honest, I think as gay people we have a free pass to bash on religion. It's the right we have in substitute for not being able to get married. So, church, when you're ready to trade, call me. I'll be waiting by the phone.

And congrats on 1000th post Hybrid Trainer! \o/

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
First of all, I think it's sickening that super-religious people bash on and try to "cure" gays. It's not a disease, and they need to stop treating it like it is.

In response to Shining Raichu on your comment on getting married: Slowly but surely, that is changing, at least in the United States. Six of the fifty states (Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and most recently, New York) allow same-sex marriage. I personally believe, however, it should be allowed everywhere.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
To be honest, I think as gay people we have a free pass to bash on religion. It's the right we have in substitute for not being able to get married. So, church, when you're ready to trade, call me. I'll be waiting by the phone.

I hate it when people think like this. You're no better than them if you feel that way.

Years
There are plenty of churches who will officiate same sex weddings in my area. Not all of them are allowed by their doctrine to call them weddings, and even those that do aren't allowed to make it legal (stupid Prop 8 I hope you go down in flames) and you even have some churches in San Francisco where the clergy are gay. Just saying.

But I'll agree that a disproportionate level of hate for queer people comes out of churches and/or heavily religious people. They need to clean their act up and learn a thing or two about love.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
i guess you can sign me up too...
im not gay...but im somewhat bi-curious
i guess that may just be me being 14...
but i do have gay and bi friends who get upset over things
and i do help them out...and at times i do wana be their...special friend :$
that may just be me though....it may just be me being weird and stuff....but hey....im open about it and i wana talk to you guys :$

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Actually, the pastor for the church at Harvard was a gay, black man. It's a non-denominational church, which I thought was pretty cool. Everyone loved his views. It's a sad thing that he died recently. Anyway, my state recently allowed same-sex marriage, which was a law that they passed a few months ago \o/

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I thought i answered this before, but i mustn't have xD
Would or could you be attracted to or date or consider dating someone who is transgendered?
Nope. Not one teeny bit. I've nothing against transgendered, but their not my type. It's the same with all these hollywood actors who probably use more products than the actresses ¬.¬

I wouldn't say the institutions abuse their power. Its just a select few people who follow it who use their religion to target those who they don't like because the government a scared of offending peoples religions.

Well, I think its both select people and the institutions. The Mormon church! OMG they are soooo corrupt. They asked families to donate thousands of dollars for prop 8 in or they would not be allowed into the church. They also got audited after they claimed to spend less than 1,000 dollars in support for the proposition, when really they spent $22 million after coercing members to donate or be kicked out of the church, and consequently, go to hell.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
A lot of religions are LGBT tolerant, and even if in ones that aren't, many of their followers disagree with their church's official doctrine on homosexuality.

Interesting fact: In Nevada, the age of consent for male-female sex and female-female sex is 16, while it is 18 for male-male sex.

What do you think of this?

Chart:
http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
A lot of religions are LGBT tolerant, and even if in ones that aren't, many of their followers disagree with their church's official doctrine on homosexuality.

Interesting fact: In Nevada, the age of consent for male-female sex and female-female sex is 16, while it is 18 for male-male sex.

Chart:
... why? How does that difference even happen?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Well, having different ages of consent was ruled unconstitutional, but the Nevada law bans all sodomy under the age of 18.
Oral sex is included under the "sodomy" range, and both involved sexes are very capable of it, not just two men. Unless they're trying to specifically refer "sodomy" to "penile insertion", in which male-female relations are capable of, too.

Basically: Nebraska's screwed up in pretty much saying, "Teen girls getting it on is fine, but teen guys have to wait, just because we say so."

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years

This is late, but I feel on having an opinion here.

Just because some religions don't want gay marriage and "bash" gays because is what they believe in, doesn't give you the right to be a hypocrite and do the same back. I'm all for supporting gays and their rights, but having to use methods such as bashing people who don't agree with your choices just doesn't seem right.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

This is late, but I feel on having an opinion here.

Just because some religions don't want gay marriage and "bash" gays because is what they believe in, doesn't give you the right to be a hypocrite and do the same back. I'm all for supporting gays and their rights, but having to use methods such as bashing people who don't agree with your choices just doesn't seem right.

I think instead of using the word "bash" I would use scrutinize. I think that gay people should be able to scrutinize the belief that we are not equals, because that belief is lined with ignorance and hate. Also, it's not scrutinizing "people who don't agree with [our] choices" per se. Rather it is about scrutinizing people who support oppression of a people whose only "choices" are hiding their sexuality, or be honest about it. But I will say that not all Christians are ignorant and spiteful, that would be a harsh and untrue generalization, even though many do have hatred/dislike for gay people. Many of them are able to understand the important bible versus about love and respect while dismissing the versus that may have been customary ideals 2000 years ago (ie slavery, stoning), but they are not in correspondence with our culture.

Chart:

Lol, I found that table to be interesting. It's funny how so many countries, particularly in Africa, are all for lesbian sex, but not so much gay men.

BTW. That is strange that Nevada is the only state to have that double-standard. So is it only gay guys that have sodomy restrictions until 18 (oral/anal) ?

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome, fango pango!

Now...

I hate it when people think like this. You're no better than them if you feel that way.

Wow. If it's not OK to rage against religion in an LGBT Club, then where is it OK? I thought these were my people...

What makes this different is that homosexuality is not a choice, whereas religion is. To oppress us is OK, but to hate them for it is hypocritical? Unlike them, it's not as though my hating does anything; it's harmless. It oppresses noone. This is what I mean, religion gets far too much of a free ride from everybody simply because it is religion.

QuilavaKing, your comments in particular were as upsetting as they were unfair.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
While you may be right, about religion being a choice, and being gay isn't, still what makes you think that you're allowed to bully someone because of how they feel? It's more of a general bullying case for me moreso than anything. You shouldn't be allowed to do that just because they do it back. Whether it's a lifestyle choice or not, you shouldn't be discriminating against anyone, just because they're different. Saying it's okay for people in the LGBT club to bash on religious people who think gays should be condemned is like saying people of a different race are allowed to pick on fat people because being fat is a choice, and being a certain race isn't.

tl;dr Bullying and discrimination rights work both ways. Treat people how you want to be treated.

Back