• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Hello again everyone. I started this challenge a long time ago, but I will be beginning it again as part of a Let's Play. I am resolved to finish it this time.

I will be using Pocket Monsters Green (Japanese version, just for variety) Pokemon Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and finally Pokemon Black. I can't remember what all I posted before, but I will be recording the majority of the adventure this time, and I will be sticking with Golbat/Crobat.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Here's my final update for my solo run with Ursaring.

• Received the boat ticket from Prof Elm after beating the E4.
  • Took the ship and arrived in Vermillion City.
  • After digging threw a lot of trash I finally unlocked the way to Lt. Surge.
  • Received my first Kanto badge with a few Earthquakes.
  • Took the path North to Saffron City, where I faced Sabrina for my 10th badge.
  • Heading West, I earned Ericka's badge in Celadon City
  • I took cycling road South to Fuscia city, where Jasmine handed me my next badge.
  • Next I passed through Lavender Town, heading back to Saffron so I could head North to Cerulean City.
  • Found and beat the illiterate Rocket member to a pulp, restoring the Power Plant.
  • Interrupted Misty's date (oops!) and she basically told me to come to her gym so she could beat me up.
  • Defeated Misty, and then flew back to Lavender grabbing the radio card.
  • Flew back to Vermillion, headed East, used the Pokeflute app to wake up the Snorlax xD
  • Traversed Diglett Cave and went to Pewter City.
  • Quickly took out Brock's Pokemon for my 13th badge
  • Travelled South through Pallet, surfed to Cinnabar Island and surfed East to the cave where Blaine was hiding. Earned my 14th badge.
  • Went back to Cinnabar, proved to Blue that he should face me, and met him at the Viridian City Gym.
  • Finally I had all 16 badges in my grasp. I was finally able to face Red.
  • After stocking up on Revives, Max Potions, and Max Repels, I took on Mt. Silver.
  • I vaguely remembered the way, so I was able to find the lone wolf after a short while. I was shocked that his Pikachu was so strong, so I wandered around the cave, level grinding for a bit. I replaced Faint Attack with Rock Slide, used all my remaining Rare Candies, and gave Tom the Choice Scarf to hold, I was ready. After some intricate switching methods in order to ensure survival, I was on his last two Pokemon when Red made his mistake. His Venasaur used Sludge Bomb, efficiently poisoning Tom. I almost jumped with joy. Tom's Guts kicked in, doubling his power. After that, knocking out Venasaur and Charizard with Rock Slide was a piece of cake (thank god it didn't miss!)
red.png

theend.png

tom2.png

Okay, so now I've got to decide solo challenge to take on next...​

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
We're Live!

The first three episodes of my Solo Challenge are live! In the latest episode, I take on Brock in Pokemon Green with a lv. 17 Zubat. I invite everybody to go check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqd2rMy0vU4

I'm still working on video processing and such, so expect improvements on video quality. Thanks to anybody who takes a look.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Okay, after a long while of not updating, I completed a Solo challenge with Arcanine in Black.
-Started my journey on the 30th of May, chose Oshawott.
-Received the Trio Badge on 5/31 after leveling Oshawott. As soon as the badge was received I got the ability to trade and traded Oshawott for an Growlithe egg.
-Hatched Growlithe and nicknamed him Sirius, because lord knows Sirius Black is my favorite character of all time. <3
-Received the Basic Badge on 6/1.
-Received the Insect Badge on 6/2.
-Received the Bolt Badge on 6/2.
-Received the Quake Badge on 6/6.
-Received the Jet Badge on 6/6.
-Received the Freeze Badge on 6/6.
-Received the Legend Badge on 6/7.
-Finally got to the E4 only to be stopped by N and Ghetsis.
-And finally, on 6/14, kicked Alder's fiery haired batoot and am done with this challenge.

Final Stats:
059.png

Sirius Lv82 @ Lucky Egg
Adamant Male
~Crunch
~Flare Blitz
~Close Combat
~Wild Charge

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Done with Feraligatr on SoulSilver, so I'm starting a Crobat run on SoulSilver. I'll fetch the final results for Feraligatr solo when I'm not too lazy :p

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
This sounds interesting. Solo challenges are my favorite. I did my first one with a Blastoise on Blue version, before Yellow was even released. My toughest so far: solo Yellow with Pikachu. Even completing FireRed with a Beedrill(and again with Rattata, not evolved) was easier than that.

That being said, I'll go for the Ultimate Solo Challenge using Raticate. Starting with FireRed, then Crystal(or possibly SoulSilver. Haven't decided yet). Then Emerald. Finishing up with Platinum. May also do a B/W run at some point. I'm getting Rattata at the start using a ROM editor to make it my starter Pokemon(replacing the fire starter in each version). Other than that, unhacked/unedited ROMs. Should be fun.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Started SoulSilver

• Started the game.
  • *insert useless data here*
  • Caught Sir Swoop the Zubat in Dark Cave.
  • Grinded Sir Swoop up to Lv. 13 so he'd learn Bite.
  • Beat Falkner
  • Got through Union Cave
  • Cleared out Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well
  • Beat Bugsy very easily
  • Beat Shadow (my rival)
  • Got through Ilex Forest
  • Beat Whitney (Damn Miltank >___>)
  • Killed Sudowoodo
  • Beat Shadow in Burned Tower
  • Beat Morty
  • Tore through the Olivine Lighthouse

Next up is Cianwood City, along with decimating Chuck and preparing for Jasmine and her hellish Steel types.

Team Blissy
Spr_4h_169.png

Sir Swoop (Crobat) Lv. 36 @ Nothing
Nature: Serious
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Air Cutter, Bite, Confuse Ray, Roost

HM Slaves
Totodile (Cut, Surf)
Togepi (Flash, Rock Smash)​

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Spoiler:

*Note: Can't post images yet, though my future log updates will have them(once I hit 15 posts).*

Well, since I'm the last to post, no sense double posting. So, log #2:
Spoiler:

Not gonna do a 3rd log. I got off work early, and had a LOT of time to play. End result: FireRed champion has now been beaten. Below are the final(full) stats of my Raticate. I'll be starting on Crystal shortly.

*Update Again*
Finished Crystal. Stats below. :D

*Emerald Update 1*
Oh, dear God. I forgot the first gym had a Nosepass, that ridiculously tough to crack Rock. My Rattata is gonna stay as such until level 27, when he learns Pursuit. Level 27 at the first gym...that's a record for me.

*Emerald Update 2*
Emerald complete. Will be a few days before I start on Platinum, though. Got some stuff to take care of.

Fire Red
Level 82 Raticate: Hasty Nature
Power: Guts
Moves: Hyper Fang, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball
Stats: 196 HP, 166 Attack, 118 Defense, 119 Sp. Attack, 123 Sp. Defense, 249 Speed(Woohoo!)
Play Time: 12:37
HM Slaves
Pidgey(Fly)
Paras(Cut)
Gyrados(Strength/Surf)

Crystal
Level 81 Raticate
Held Item: Amulet Coin
Moves: Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Blizzard, Shadow Ball
Stats: 230 HP, 202 Attack, 162 Defense, 137 Sp. Attack, 170 Sp. Def, 226 Speed
Play Time: 48:06
HM Slaves
Hoothoot(Fly)
Paras(Cut/Flash)
Gyrados(Strength/Whirpool/Waterfall/Surf)

Emerald
Level 74 Raticate: Lax Nature
Power: Run Away
Held Item: Lax Incense(did literally nothing. Ever. Nothing missed me.)
Moves: Hyper Fang, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam
Stats: 209 HP, 149 Attack, 133 Defense, 90 Sp. Attack, 100 Sp. Defense, 175 Speed
Play Time: 13:38
HM Slaves
Tropius(Fly, Cut, Flash, Strength)
Sharpedo(Surf, Dive, Rock Smash, Waterfall)
Yes, I had all 8 HMs on 2 Pokemon.

Last edited:

theking6

Water Types!! :D
Years
I am finally finishing off my Squirtle solo run. I just recently got a DS emulator, and a Diamond and White rom. So I guess I'll start with the first leader in Pokemon Diamond!
Before Roark's Gym:
Wartortle Lv.16 :t008:
Tackle
Bite
Water Gun
Withdraw
After Roark's Gym:
Wartortle Lv.17 :t008:
Tackle
Bite
Water Gun
Withdraw

Bob III

Person
Years
I would like to try this! I'll do a FireRed run with Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise

Since nobody has posted past me i guess i'm supposed to put my update in this post.
Update #1:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Ok this should be fun.

Username: Seraphimon-sama
Trainer Name: Takuya
Game(s): Raging Crystal, Vicious Red
Team: Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion (Raging Crystal), Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard (Vicious Red)
Will be starting off with Raging Crystal.

EDIT: Since no-one else has posted, I'm not gonna double post and just get straight into this challenge. I swear to Arceus my eyes are going to be really red because of how used I am to Gen III to Gen V.

UPDATE NO.1

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bob III

Person
Years
Went into Saffron gym and 1HKOed everything. Skippy enjoyed his lunch.

Skippy – Level 66 Blastoise
-Ice Beam
-Dig
-Water Pulse
-Bite
I flew to Vermillion to get a Bike Voucher, which I exchanged for a Bike! I went to cycling road and defeated all the trainers there. I then fly to Pallet town to begin surfing south to Cinnabar. After making it trough Pokémon mansion, I go to the gym and 1HKO everything there. It's a fire gym, I have a water Pokémon. What do you expect?
Skippy – Level 71 Blastoise
-Ice Beam
-Dig
-Hydro Pump
-Bite
After stomping on Blaine, Bill asked me to go to the Sevii islands with him. I went to the Ember Spa on 1 island and got the HM for Rock Smash, which I taught to HMBOT3. I headed to Mt. Ember and defeated Moltres there (Only not a 1HKO because of endure). After completing the Sevii islands "Side Quest", I head back to Viridian City. I easily defeat the gym, giving me my eighth and final badge. On my road to the indigo plateau, a Random Dude With Strange HairCut Thing challenges me to a battle. I killed all of his Pokémons easily, and laughed because he said I still needed more training. After easily making it through victory road, I do some minor training and decide to use all my rare candies on Skippy.
Skippy's Current Stats
-Level 87 Blastoise
-Health - 262
-Attack - 192
-Defense - 214
-Sp. Attack - 187
-Sp. Defense - 191
-Speed – 206
Moves
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Hydro Pump
-Bite
The elite four was easy. I went through and 1HKOed almost everything. Spending 80,000 pokedollars for ice beam was worth it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
First off, Bob III, you can post attachments with screenshots without having 15 posts. It's what I did(look up a few).

That being said, I got my DS emulator and the Platinum ROM. After getting my starter, I used the Pokesav editor to change my Chimchar to Rattata before doing my first battle with my rival. So, Platinum has officially started. Will also likely be doing a Black run for a FULL Ultimate Solo Challenge. Unfortunately, the speed button actually slows down my emulator(I run it on a laptop, as I haven't been able to save enough to build my own desktop), so my updates will be far slower than flying through the other three games. Same with Black, likely. But it'll get done.

*EDIT*
Minor update for my Platinum run. Since I'm playing through at normal speed, might as well log it.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Done with all of Johto, and now I'm on Kanto.

Team Blissy
Spr_4h_169.png

Sir Swoop (Crobat) Lv. 64 @ Amulet Coin
Nature: Serious
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Fly, Dark Pulse, Confuse Ray, Sludge Bomb​

HM Slaves
Totodile (Cut, Surf)
Togepi (Flash, Rock Smash)
Gyarados (Strength)
Lugia (Waterfall)
Onix (Future Rock Climb slave)​

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Hey KoboraX, you have good taste in Pokemon sir, but too many HM Slaves. Rules say three...

Anyway. Update: My LP has reached episode eight! (Plus a bonus episode showcasing an odd glitch in Pokemon Green) In the last episode, a potentially deadly fight against Lt. Surge was different than I remembered it. Check it out on YouTube, and subscribe for an opportunity to influence the fate of my LP for generations to come!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
This is a notice saying that I am giving up on the Raging Crystal Challenge and switching it to Nuzlocke Silver.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Ok, while I work on my Crobat solo on SoulSilver (and my Meganium solo afterwards), I'm gonna start a Gastrodon solo on Pearl. East Sea since I really hate West Sea's appearance.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I was previously doing a Dratini Family solo-run, but cancelled it because he was a pain to train.

Well, anyways, I'm doing a Ultimate Gastly Family Solo-Run.

On these games: Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum, Black, White 2
I'll update later.

EDIT: I just beat Erika on Yellow.

Gengar Lv.46
Lick, Night Shade, Psychic, Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back