• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I used Ariados in a Bug monotype run of HGSS a while back. The challenge gave me a real appreciation of how average it was. =p I suppose it proved useful against the 4th Gym Leader with Shadow Sneak, but highlights often went to other team members instead.

Kind of a pity as I rather liked its design.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The first time I used an Ariados was in Gale of Darkness. It started off as a shadow Spinarak that I snagged from someone. Random, but poor Ariados was never given much love in the TCG. No ex, LV. X, shiny, ect. Just a couple of Darks and one owned by Janine. At least I don't remember any special card...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I feel like we can expect to see more kinds of spider pokémon in the future. Ariados is a pretty basic one, Galvantula was more innovative. You just wait, a rock spider or flying spider or water spider comes next ;)

I honestly thought they would drop the "bug -> cocoon -> butterflything" line after gen III. Venipede and Sewaddle are welcome alternatives, I mean. But then came the SPEWPA or whatsitscalled. Do not want :x

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It looks a little like that yeah ^^ But it's actually based on a water strider. Four legs = not an insect, but still a bug? Kind of like a spider... Or idk I call spiders bugs, I'm not a biologist :D

Also only one more day to get your entry into this week's Pokémon Manga Caption Contest, go go go!

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Spewpa is definitely my least favorite cocoon Pokémon. It looks a lot like the thing it evolves from.

Surskit, however, is one of my favorite NFE Bug Pokémon. Masquerain is pretty cool also, but I don't like its Bug/Flying typing. I wish Surskit would've stayed a Water/Bug Pokémon, maybe turning into a mosquito? I often see them gliding across water.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It looks a little like that yeah ^^ But it's actually based on a water strider. Four legs = not an insect, but still a bug? Kind of like a spider... Or idk I call spiders bugs, I'm not a biologist :D

Biologists are actually trying to reclassify everything because of things like this: it's a bug but not a bug because it doesn't have six legs or whatever. But I like Surskit like I do most bugs. My least favorite would have to beee Kricketune. Because why not.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have no idea why you guys don't like Spewpa. xD" It actually looks pretty cute to me, especially because of those puppy eyes. Also, the Pokémon that it evolves into seems to be a quite powerful psychic-type. It could easily rival a Pokémon like Venomoth, or possibly even outclass it.

Years
I have no idea why you guys don't like Spewpa. xD" It actually looks pretty cute to me, especially because of those puppy eyes. Also, the Pokémon that it evolves into seems to be a quite powerful psychic-type. It could easily rival a Pokémon like Venomoth, or possibly even outclass it.

I think Spewpa is pretty adorable compared to past pupal-based Pokemon. But I think most NFE Bug-types are so adorable anyway, like Yanma and Surskit!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I guess maybe it's the name I don't like, as well as its... Scattered look. Spewpa. Where does that name come from? Why did they put "spew" in it xD

On bulbapedia, I found this theory about its name:
Spewpa may be a combination of spew and pupa.
Kofūrai may be a combination of 小 ko (small) or 粉 ko (powder) and 風来人 furaijin (wanderer).

And okay... It is pretty cute in looks. I have to admit. Okay.

240px-Spewpa.png

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
How much food would it take to feed a large Legendary Pokémon?

If you had a large Legendary Pokémon or were in charge of feeding a large Legendary Pokémon, how much food would it take to actually feed a Legendary Pokémon of large size?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I doubt just because it's a legendary pokemon it would require any more or less food than any other pokemon around its own size. An Aerodactyl would probably eat around the same amount as a Zapdos would. Probably even more...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Well it would depend on their size. Celebi is pretty small, and Reshiram on the other hand is a giant standing over 10 ft tall and weighing 727 lbs (yeah I looked it up :p). Reshiram and other giant legends would require tens of thousands of calories a day if they were real and apart of our biosphere. Celebi, Manaphy, Victini and the others would only require a few thousand at most more than likely.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
If you had a large Legendary Pokémon or were in charge of feeding a large Legendary Pokémon, how much food would it take to actually feed a Legendary Pokémon of large size?
I don't quite understand how you want us to reply. Numbers of steaks/carrots?

This isn't really enough of a question for a discussion thread of its own, so I'll move it to the Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat thread in hopes that we can spark some talk there instead!

-merged

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Groudon would probably eat a ton of food. I mean, that thing is huge! I agree with what everyone is saying though, it doesn't really matter if the pokemon is legendary or not, it's size is what dictates the amount of food it will eat. For the most part, that is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, unless it's a tiny pokémon that requires lots and lots of energy to maintain its power. Maybe a really energetic Victini would need to eat a whole lot in order to stay powered up.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Or Munchlax, I would hate to have one of those things. I would go broke buying food all the time! It's not a legendary pokemon, but it's a legendary eater all the same.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Totally xD

tumblr_mbabklArYU1rwxkja.gif

There are some grass pokémon who only feed off sunlight, aren't there?

Years
If Bulbapedia's to be believed, Sunflora gains its nutrients through photosynthesis, though I'm assuming it can eat regular food, too. There might be a few more Grass types that uses photosynthesis for nutrients too, but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

And I definitely wouldn't want to own a Munchlax (or a Snorlax for that matter).
Pokémon Pearl said:
It stops eating only to sleep. It doesn't feel full unless it eats nearly 900 pounds (400 kg) a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back