• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Recruitment & Team Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Delta
Hack of: Fire Red
Information about the hack: A hack based off the pokemon delta trading cards
Finished percentage: Work in Progress
Your hacking skills: Mapping, Spriting, Tile insertion
What help or skill you're looking for: Fakemon maker
Additional contact information: PM me or add me on skype overlord_moosh
Additional information: I need fakemon that can be inserted into the game like this Fire Type Nidoran M
lxLh3hN.png
If you're interested PM me and I'll send you a list of pokemon and types. I am willing to offer my skills in trade. For example I'll insert tiles for you or make a map etc

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I posted this in the thread for my project, Pokemon Maize Version. This seems like an appropriate place to post it, too:

I hate that it's come to this, but I could really use some help finishing Maize Version. I'm rather burned out from creating content. Mapping and driving the story takes a lot of creative juice, and I'm having trouble staying motivated to finishing this hack. If anybody is interested in helping finish Maize Version, I would be very grateful. To help, you don't need any Gen 1 ROM hacking experience. You don't really even need any ROM hacking experience to be honest.

Here's what I would love help with:
  1. Map-making - (I made a map editor you can use.)
  2. Story - (The game is already 6 badges, so there isn't too much more.)
  3. Spriting - (All the Gym Leaders are still from the original game :()

If you're interested, you can PM me here, or you can email me at [email protected].

Thanks, everyone.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
Hack name:
Pokeomon Beginnings
Hack of:
Leaf Green
Information about the hack:
This is the beginning of the pokeomn civilization in a new region called Naku which is a group of islands very secluded. But with the pokemon came poachers hoping to steal all the rare new pokemon living there.
Finished percentage:
0% i really need help
Your hacking skills:
Barley any i only know how to do basics need a lot of help.
What help or skill you're looking for:
Background artist ((basically all the art))
music developer
Scripter
logo and start screen
Teacher ((aka to teach me the ways of the hacking!))

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 25, 2018
Hack name: Moemon Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver Revival Project(DSver)
Hack of: Pokemon Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver
Information about the hack: moe moe moe and more moe~
I´m one of the persons who enjoyed more the moe version(gijinka sprites/stuff) of pokemon than the original,but dont get me wrong i do like Pokemon X/Y a lot...
Finished percentage:
+1% in Pokemon Platinum(it´s a lot,Photoshop required to make the project a lot easier) .
-0% in HeartGold(i need a lot of help in here,also a little harder) .
-0% in SoulSilver(same here) .
Your hacking skills:
+Basically,medium experimented(i never learned about the hexagecimal stuff in gba,because i was a child...)but now i can,but i prefer the ds...
+I do have experience in hacking with some tools in gba(i like to change textures in maps) .
+I would like to learn about new tools and hidden tools for ds rom hacking...
++++Any help possible!
+++If anyone want to contribute in the project in any way,is more than welcome :D
+++Spread the word! (i need more people interested to know about the re-taking of the project)
++I'm mainly looking for people to inject the pics with the tool i have(PokeDSpicPlatinum) so we can quickly start THE REAL PROJECT! MOEMON HG/SS REVIVAL PROJECT!!!
+++If you know any other tool you think is interesting or useful for the DS roms,let me know please(credits,credits everywhere)
1.-Pokemon Platinum
2.-Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Additional contact information:
PMs(PrivateMessages) please...
Additional information:
nope

rip4d

Don't let "good enough" be good enough
Years
Hack name:
Pokemon Phantasm

Hack of:
Emerald/Fire Red (currently undecided)

Information about the hack:
Pokemon Phantasm takes place in the Menda Region, a very mountainous continent shaped as a large peninsula. It is known for its two key features, the Nox Mountain Range, and Late Aeternus. Lake Aeternus is an incredibly large lake which is housed in the middle of Menda, with rivers connecting it to the sea, and separating the land mass. The Nox Mountain Range forms a crescent around most of Menda. As such, many of the towns and cities were built either in valleys or near mountain tops. Because of these mountains, Menda has varied climates and environments, with extremes potentially being quite close to one another. Travel is slightly similar to Unova, where you go around the region essentially in a circle.
Lore and legend surround this region, with tales of a pokemon capable of granting one's greatest desires. With such power existing, humans sought after it for their own benefit. Wars were fought, and Menda was torn. Seeing the havoc caused, the legendary pokemon hid itself away at the bottom of Lake Aeternus. According to legend, it created a tower from its own desires to reside in, and rests there still. Some people still search for a path to the tower, believing humans in the past had attempted tunneling their way under the lake.
(The pokemon in question will either be Verita, the Reality Pokemon, or Jirachi. Verita would be the only Fakemon, and as such it may be worth it to simply stick with Jirachi. At most, modifying some stats and moves).
The story begins and progresses as most traditional Pokemon games go. You and your energetic best friend receive your first Pokemon (Johto starters) and head off on your journey to take on the Menda Pokemon League. As you progress, you start noticing strange people wearing garbs of purple and black. As you investigate and progress further, you learn they are members of an organization known as Team Fantasia, who's ambitions are to wish for a new world to replace the one we live in today. They intend to wipe out the planet, then build (wish) and rule the new one they'll create from the ashes of old. You and your friend put the Pokemon League on hold and stop team Fantasia, then you go on to become champion with the encouragement of your friend, who chooses to stay on the lookout for Team Fantasia and stop any new plans they make.

Finished percentage:
Story: 85%
-- The story and general outline for going through the main game is finished. Post game and relevant story dialogue is still being worked on.
Development: 0%
-- I haven't started any development yet. Between lack of experience, focusing on the story, and indecision on the ROM + tilesets I want to use, I haven't touched development at all yet. That's why I'm making this post afterall.
Pre-Planning: 7%
-- I have the world map sketch and locations 60-70% complete. I have all major (fly) locations such as towns and cities planned out and where most main routes will be. I still need to figure out a LOT of specifics, such as general design of routes, wild encounters, personalities, etc. I really need to focus a LOT on the routes though. Due to the mountainous terrain, most routes go through mountains, not around/over them. As such, there are a lot of cave routes. I'm going to be spicing them up quite a bit, possibly having small camps/towns with some more color and life, rather than bland, boring, brown (sometimes grey) caves. Regarding this much, there will still be some routes that involve climbing or descending mountains, there just won't be as many as there are caves.
I also still need to plan some smaller towns, defining features of existing towns and cities, extra post-game areas, and content to fill said areas. I have a ways to go, but I'm actively thinking of stuff.

Your hacking skills:
Currently, the only hacking skill I really have is mapping. I am starting to learn how to script soon (after I finish most of the pre-planning) and I don't really count knowing how to use most programs such as G3T, YAPE, etc as my hacking skill; I am still learning the ins and outs of it all, including when new data needs to be allocated in existing free space.
If it counts, I think I'm pretty good at the more story-telling, planning, and characterization side of hacking. I've written short dialogues and such before in high school just as some simple creative writing, and several friends and teachers enjoyed it. If anything, I feel like I bring the most to the table in that aspect.

-- I am primarily looking for scripters, who hopefully may be able to help me learn scripting a bit quicker myself.
-- More mappers wouldn't hurt, but I would need to talk to them extensively to get the visuals of the region and areas across a bit more.
-- Artists who can make tilesets, sprites (especially sprites mother of god I'm terrible at them), etc are GREATLY appreciated. I didn't plan to do custom sprites and such until the end, but honestly if people are willing to hop on board with that, I'm all for them joining the team. With a new team and region, character sprites are needed for gym leaders, the team grunts, admins and leader, E4, champion, etc. A lot needs to be done. Sprites are not my priority as they can always be added later, but I would more than love having an artist(s) helping out with them.

Additional contact information:
-- While PM's work, I MUCH prefer ways which I can be notified on my phone. Skype works well for direct messages and obviously voice chat when I'm available. I also like having GroupMe as an option for group chats. It can be accessed via phone or computer and its pretty nice to have. There's also e-mail, I'll usually see those.
GroupME/E-mail: [email protected]

Additional information:
-- I'm a computer science student at a tech school, as well as in some other organizations, so while I may be learning more useful information relevant to this hack, I may not always have an abundance of time. I'm also based in the EST (GMT-5:00) time zone.

Last edited:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Hack name: Pokemon League of Legends
Hack of: Pokemon Emerald
Information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=346239
Finished percentage: I've already done a lot, just need arty stuff and scripting
Your hacking skills: Everything except art
What help or skill you're looking for: Spriter (overworld sprites, trainer sprites, titlescreen and mugshots) - I've done champions.
Additional contact information: PM me
Additional information: You will get full credit for your work

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2020
Hack Name Pokemon Daybreak
Hack Of Pokemon FireRed
Info About Hack TBD
Finished Percentage 1% (some very basic spriting)
My Hacking Skill I have created one ROM hack that just never finished because of a lack of manpower.. but my skill lies in Basic events and Basic Scripting
What Help or skill A Active contributor who can do some mapping and sprite work (Welcome Do More if they wish and will be given full credit for there work)

If Interested Skype: zman1178 Age:17

p.s. please no squeakers lol

Mueez

Currently Working on "" POKEMON :MYSTERIES OF LEGE
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
Hack name: Pokemon: Mysteries of Legends
Hack of: Pokemon Ruby
Information about the hack:One day you have a dream that a Legendary pokemon (Darkrai or Zekrom who is considered to be evil in the past times) tells you to open up a seal in an high mountain cave.And you trust him. The very day your best friend has the same dream as your except that the pokemon have thier counterparts(Cresselia or Reshiram who were considered to be heros) told your freind to stop you in your actions of opening up the seal.However the seal can only be opened by winning the Pokemon league and then accesing the mountain cave.So for your quest you set off> battling collect badges and ultimately wining the pokemon league. But your friend tries his best to stop you in your quest but he fails.After finishing the pokemon league you set of to the mountain cave and realease the pokemon you dreamed off.
BUT then he betrayed you and tries to finish you off but your friend with his pokemon(Counterpart of the players pokemon) rescues the player. (Somewhat N saving the player in Pokemon Black/white 2) .You apologize and then you both set off to finish or seal the evil pokemon who is destroying the whole region
Finished percentage: 5% (Thinking Process)
Your hacking skills:Mapping ,Customizing Trainers ,Editing Sprites of Trainers and Pokemon
What help or skill you're looking for: Scripters(HardCore ones :p) Title screen Hackers (again Hardcore) and Tiles inserter would be cool but no pressure

Additional contact information:Feel free to PM me but also see my signature below (contains contact)
Additional information:Nope

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hack name: Pokemon (still deciding)
Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
Information about the hack: About a trainer who is setting out to be the best, no actually not that is too generic for me! We have done alot of progress on the graphics and about 2-5% of the scripting.. the story follows a young trainer who does not have a strong relationship with his father.. it includes alot of emotional struggle and more.
Finished percentage: 5% actual progress
Your hacking skills:Mapping ,tile inserting, animation and basic scripting.
What help or skill you're looking for: Scripters mostly, mappers aswell, people with graphic know hoe such as title screens trainer editing and artists as well.
Additional contact information: Pm is best and we can discuss other information though that.
Additional information:....

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 14, 2023
Hack name: Pokemon Rocket redfire
Hack of: Pokemon firered
Information about the hack: I don't really have much of a storyline yet. You are a team rocket grunt. You must steal pokemon and battle trainers (Officer Jenny, Ash, Misty, Brock etc.)
Finished percentage: 0% (unstarted)
Your hacking skills: Mapping, basic scripting
What help or skill you're looking for: Anything. scripting,mapping etc.
Additional contact information: [email protected] or PM me here
Additional information: Even help with the storyline is appreciated

Mystelex

Hack of: Pokémon FireRed
Information about the hack: The storyline is based on the 2nd season of the Pokemon anime - 'Adventures in the Orange Islands'.
1 )A Tilemap editor - I really need a Tilemap editor (I suck at Tilemap editing...). I'll supply him/her with the Tilemaps. ( By Tilemaps , I mean Tilemaps for Advanced map :D ).
2 )A scripter - I can do the scripting , but I will be glad if someone helps me. (The more , the merrier !)
Additional contact information: U can email me at '[email protected]'.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Blackened Night
Hack of: Emerald
Information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302424
Finished percentage: first beta 60%
Your hacking skills: Mapping, Scripting, Tile insertion, kinda spriting, title screen, hex hacking
What help or skill you're looking for: Tile animator, custom asm routine maker person,:P and move animation/effect maker/inserter/expander
Additional contact information: contact me here or on my skype
Additional information: I would like help with the 2 above things that way the first beta will hopefully come out by the end of this month. And the reason I need someone to help with moves, is cause it uses some asm afaik and I don't want to have to restart to use a rom base.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Name: Pokemon Emerald: Beta Rumors (I've grown quite fond of this wip name and will probably keep it)
Hack of: Emerald
Information about the game:
Have you ever heard of the Mew Truck? Or how after catching Lati@s at a certain level/number you can ride Mossdeep's rocket to find Deoxys on the moon? How about the odd 'Team Sky' rumor? This is a hack that incorporates many of those 'Playground Rumors' and 'In the Japanese Betas....' that you heard as a kid. The main gist will be:
You play through Emerald normally, but instead of running into Team Aqua/Magma, you meet Team Sky. They seem interested in space and the sky's the limit with them. While traveling and collecting badges in Hoenn, you learn more about them; they want an item called the Green Orb, a tool used to control Rayquaza. When they summon the dragon, they unknowingly bring out an odd meteorite Pokemon that lands on the moon. Since the moon has effects on water and gravity, oceans begin to flood and recede. Ray Ray attempts to fix this mess with his ability, but it only gets worse. To top it all off, the Leader 'needsaname' has a dark secret for wanting Rayquaza... ((You'll find out ingame or as a helper though. :P))
Many sidequests/optional deal will be in here, including a truck with Mew, Jirachi's White Rock, and Pokemon beta names like Skullraken or fan names like Pikablu. Some fan theories are also incldued, and I hope to add in Pokegods and Bill's Garden somehow, even though it's Hoenn.
Hack percentage done: about 25%, but most of that is because maps will be kept mostly the same with some minor changes.
Your hacking skills: Mapping, and some scripting.
Skills/Hacking Help needed: I need someone to create sprites for Team Sky and can insert them, and someone who's good at scripting. A title screen editor would be great too at some point.
Contact info: PM here please. ^^
Additional info: I have two other hacks involving my own remade Johto and a Mystery Dungeon extreme makeover but this is what I really need right now. We might not be able to start right away, just warning you.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2022
Hack name: Pokemon Andalusite Version

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Information about the hack: You are FANG, from the Sudos Region. You were living a normal life until one day, you wake up and notice your region has been destroyed. You don't know who caused this, but you seem to be the only survivor. You meet Mandy, but she seems a little different from what you've seen on TV. You do know the she is the apprentice professor from the neighboring region, Sakos. She tells you everything, and you find it a little hard to believe. The God Pokemon, Arceus has ruined your region, and killed everyone. he used you to do it. But this Arceus seems to be from another reality. You were a mere vessel for his power, and now you have no-one.

The spirits of your loved ones tried to reach you, but this version of Mandy somehow intercepted the message and altered it, making you believe that your loved ones think you're a monster, and that they hate you for what you did. This Mandy is also from an alternate reality. In the alternate reality, Arceus is known as Geiara, and he is controlling Mandy to plant hate inside of you. Mandy gives you headphones imbued with Andalusite to prevent further contact with your spirits.

Mandy sends you to Sakos with a Pokemon, her motives to create another explosion, similar to the one on Sudos, using the rage and hate welled up inside of you as a power source. Suddenly a mysterious power disperses all negative feelings inside of you, it seems to be from a pokemon, but you cannot see it.

In Sakos, you meet Mandy, the one that you recognize from TV,
Jose, a survivor of the disaster at Sudos. He wants answers.
Luna, the evil in N's heart manifested into a girl. She wants to rule Unova.
And many more! (These are your only rivals, however)

Features
-Welcome to a brand new region, Sakos, filled with 150 new pokemon and crawling with bug types. That's 860 to catch in total
-3 rivals with their own backstories. No pointless rival battles, you get to explore the characters' motives and circumstances.
-Variant Pokemon, with altered stats and abilities
-The game difficulty is hard, but not DarkRising hard.
-Deep story, it is quite dark

Finished percentage: 2% We have over 30 custom sprites and concepts sheets being shared over our Skype team. Can you add to that?

Your hacking skills: Cause I'm a nerd, ill show you my hack skills in levels 1 being bad 100 being master. Hex (Lv17), Scripting (Lv68), Mapping (Lv15), Spriting (Lv23), Concepts, and using tools (Lv79)

What help or skill you're looking for: Assembly, Music Hacking, Custom Tiles, Custom Graphics (?) Hex Maniac*, Scripter*
Additional contact information: My Skype name is Shyemest.

Additional information:
Add me, and tell me what you can do. Any help is good enough for me. After I approve you (it isn't a long process, don't worry) I will add you to the chat, which contains 5 people, including me at the time I wrote this. The chat isn't boring, and always concentrating on work. As I say, a rushed project will make a rushed game. We will take our time and not put any pressure on you. So you can chill a bit. One last thing. I might ask you for your time zone so I can predict when you will be on. After a while, a will have a scripting script and a routine script so we can all do our own things. Thanks in advance, if you decide to join. You can PM me on here, but on Skype i will receive it instantly. You will be required to have Skype to join our team. If you do anything highly disrespectful, or stay inactive for an extended amount of time, you will get kicked, bear that in mind.

Anyway, thanks :)

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Z Version
Hack of: Firered
Information about the hack: Pokemon hack with the story of dragonball z
Finished percentage: 10/15%
Your hacking skills: A bit of Everything
What help or skill you're looking for: Music inserter, ASM, Graphical hacker, Mapper
Additional contact information: Skype semstrow or PM me

Years
Hack name: Pokémon Apokélypse
Hack of: Fire Red
Information about the hack: Brutal. Dark. Twisted. The player will be involved in secret underground battling which regularly end up fatal. I started this hack back in 2012.
Finished percentage: 15-20% (enough content for around 3-4 hours)
My hacking skills: XSE, primarily. Though I can do a bit of everything. I've also made ~20 tracks for the game ready to be inserted.
What I am looking for: Music Inserter, ASM Nerd, Tile Inserter, Sexy Mapper & OW Spriter/Inserter
Additional information: PM me if you are interested - please provide proof of work - only hiring those who stand out. I'd love to work with old friends, so hit me up if you remember me.

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: Poke'mon Archipelago (tentative name only)
Hack of:Emerald (Emerald 650)
Information about the hack: Orange Islands *groan* but with an original storyline. Maybe some Seviis as well.
Finished percentage: 0.05% (working on it but not even close to done with anything)
Your hacking skills: Mapping decent. Otherwise complete noob but I learn easily from others
What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter, somebody who can think of places to stick items, spriter
Additional contact information: PM me for an email

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: Pokémon
Hack of: Pokémon Firered
Information about the hack: Haven't got any information, except I want to have some original Pokémon and a original storyline.
Finished percentage: 0% :-)
Your hacking skills: Not many, spriting (I'm actually good at that), mapping and would like to learn some more about events.
What help or skill you're looking for:Anyone, Anything, as long as there is basic knowledge.
Additional contact information: PM me to arrange something.
Additional information: Try and update daily.
Anyhelp would be good, always been interested, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
Years
Hack of PandiRocks@17

Hack Name: Pokemon Concourde
Hack of: Pokemon Ruby
Information: After May/Brendan finish the Hoenn League, he/she went to the country of Vedra, consisting of 2 regions, Rovel and Shire. The land is experiencing bad weather and suspicious events, all caused by Helios, the Leader of Team Solar, and also the previous leader of Lurein City (First Gym). Now Brendan/May have to fight their way to sixteen gyms and Team Solar, with its admins Kimberly and Wegener. The journey will not be easy, but with their Mega Bracelets, they might just make it to the top, but with the help of their companions, they'll be sure to get there, but will they?
Percentage Finished: 18%, just added the Fairy type and I fixed the bug showing only IRY on battles, it also has its own type matchup list, and I also finished 22 names for cities and towns, also, there are now 511 moves, all of them can be learned, finished replacing Pokemon I don't like with new ones, if you want to see, don't hesitate :)
Skills in hacking: I can sprite a little, Advance Map, Advance Series, Resizing Sprites, a little about tiling, great at hex editing (*but I need to have instructions though, I can't hex edit on my own ) and 45% of all hacking tools and resources
Skills I TOTALLY need: Spriting (especially SOME mega pokemon), Scripting, Tiling, Sprites, Unlz, any help will be appreciated, oh, and Support :)
Where to Contact: Here, at least.

Additional Details
= Pokemon from all generations 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
= Mega Evolution, each with their own stones! e.g. Medicham => Medichamite, but some stones' names have been changed

Mega Pokemon Unavailable
=Mawile
=Slowbro
=Sharpedo
=Salamence
=Metagross
=Rayquaza

Any help will do, though :)
If you think the details are lacking, don't hesitate to ask for more :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back