The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2014, 07:59 AM
UltraWing
teleporting shiny staraviva

Nature: Lonely
try using stat changing items since tyrogue's evolution is based of of its stats
here is how it works
attack > defense = hitmonlee
attack < defense = hitmonchan
attack = defense = hitmontop

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:13 AM
lolmit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraWing View Post
try using stat changing items since tyrogue's evolution is based of of its stats
here is how it works
attack > defense = hitmonlee
attack < defense = hitmonchan
attack = defense = hitmontop
ok where i can find electric rock for change my eevee to his electric shape?
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:11 AM
UltraWing

you mean the "Thunder Stone"

Lass Dana (go left from Ekruteak, towards Olivine City) sometimes gives a thunder stone. if you talk to her after beating her then she will give you her pokegear number then she may call you and gives you a thunder stone

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:07 PM
lolmit

Quote:
you mean the "Thunder Stone"

Lass Dana (go left from Ekruteak, towards Olivine City) sometimes gives a thunder stone. if you talk to her after beating her then she will give you her pokegear number then she may call you and gives you a thunder stone
ohh she is with blue hair ? if she do i gave her my number should i wait now ?
and what about the fire and water rock?

Last edited by lolmit; August 20th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old August 20th, 2014, 02:56 PM
UltraWing

i dont know where the water stone is but the fire stone is given by Alan the School boy, who will call you to give you fire stone.
He is situated at route 36, the second trainer you will encounter if you exited National Park. he can give you a fire stone *note choose wisely on what tone you want to use you cant change eevee's form after using a stone*
oh and i dont know where he is talk to every trainer at that area if you have already battled her

Old August 21st, 2014, 03:32 AM
lolmit

Quote:
i dont know where the water stone is but the fire stone is given by Alan the School boy, who will call you to give you fire stone.
He is situated at route 36, the second trainer you will encounter if you exited National Park. he can give you a fire stone *note choose wisely on what tone you want to use you cant change eevee's form after using a stone*
oh and i dont know where he is talk to every trainer at that area if you have already battled her
i did it already :O she called me for battle and i recive nothing ..
Old August 21st, 2014, 06:47 AM
UltraWing

you dont recive at all the time it is based on luck another way you can get the fire/water/thunder/leaf stones if from a guy in kanto but kanto is the post game

Old August 24th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Imperator161

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmit View Post
i did it already :O she called me for battle and i recive nothing ..
Are you playing Crystal, or Gold/Silver? I didn't see you mention it in a previous post, but you can only get the stones via phone calls from Crystal (though as another poster said, it's not a sure thing--just keep trying). In G/S, I don't think the trainers in question will give you items, so you'll need to get stones from Bill's relative (grandfather?) on Route 25 in Kanto. You can do that by showing him Pokemon he asks for, and it'll get you one of each stone. Depending on whether you're playing cartridge vs. emulator, have multiple games and systems, etc., your best best is to send the relevant Pokemon to RBY, buy the stones at the Celadon Department Store, evolve your Pokemon, and trade them back to GSC, since all of the Pokemon that evolve by leaf/thunder/fire/water stone in GSC are RBY Pokemon.
Old August 24th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Imperator161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteenwolf View Post
Thanks. I think I will stick to iv and ev training in X and Y. I guess that means I shouldn't bother dv training the Chikorita and Togepi I have, and I would like to stat ev train them but it sounds to complicated.
I don't know what the other user said to you via PM, but you don't really need to actively "EV train" in the earlier games. Just play normally, and you'll end up eventually maxing out your stat experience for every stat, giving you the maximum stats that your DVs (i.e., IVs) allow. Every Pokemon can achieve its full DV-determined potential in GSC, so you don't need to focus on offensive stats for sweepers at the expense of defensive ones or vice versa. You can try to get the best DVs possible on your Pokemon (like getting high IVs), but I'll agree that it's probably not really worth it in GSC at this point.
Old August 25th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Velveteenwolf

Nature: Gentle
Thanks, I'll just play through, then use them in Pokemon stadium.

Owner of the Electric Type Fan Club
Old September 24th, 2014, 12:58 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
I'm playing Crystal on my phone and I have 5 badges, got 3 Pokemon and I can't find any good ones to use (haven't played Crystal in ages).
I got Quilava lvl 30, Poliwhirl lvl 29, and Pidgeotto lvl 30
When Quilava evolves I'm teaching it Thunderpunch and I'm thinking about teaching Poliwhirl Ice Punch (I think Ice moves are physical in gen II for Poliwrath).

Any ideas for Pokemon I should pick up?

Update: I went through with playing the game and picked up Donphan, Eevee from Bill (I'm gonna evolve it into Umbreon), and Dratini from the Dragons Den. Any better recommendations?

Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; September 24th, 2014 at 06:37 AM.
Old October 5th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Velveteenwolf

Bought a used Pokemon Silver game, but It wont save and says save is corrupted. Will replacing the battery fix this or I need another copy? Thanks.

Old October 10th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Dereck_S
Veteran

Nature: Calm
You should try to replace the battery first, they're only a couple of bucks. My assumption is that if the save file is corrupt due to some sort of glitch exploit, removing the original battery will wipe the save clean.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 03:46 PM
Velveteenwolf

Thanks. I actually already have it, but if it wasn't going to fix it I didn't want to waste my time.

Old November 11th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Shiny_Unown

I'm new, but what i really just wanted to know was if i capture a shiny Gyaridos in Pokemon Crystal, would it effect my chances of getting another Shiny Pokemon
Old November 12th, 2014, 12:04 AM
She_Delphox
Delphox used Mystical Fire!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny_Unown View Post
I'm new, but what i really just wanted to know was if i capture a shiny Gyaridos in Pokemon Crystal, would it effect my chances of getting another Shiny Pokemon
Hey there! Welcome to the forum

Well to start with, the Shiny Gyarados in Pokemon Crystal (and Gold, Silver, HeartGold, SoulSilver) is already programmed to be shiny (so it's always shiny when you encounter it at the Lake of Rage).

However, for EACH Pokemon you encounter in the wild you have a 1/8192 chance it's a shiny; which means "1 out of of 8192 encounters/obtainable Pokemon could appear as shiny" (to be exact). Not a great chance (I agree, but this makes shiny Pokemon more valuable and interesting in my opinion because they are so rare), but not impossible. Catching the Shiny Gyarados, or any other Pokemon that appears as a shiny will not affect your chances on getting another one in any way, no worries > So, no, it doesn't affect your chances

So, for example, you encounter a shiny in the wild but it's possible to encounter one soon after (that's real luck, but it happens!). So chances are STILL 1/8192 all the time, but encountering a shiny doesn't affect these chances to obtain another one (i.e. that the chances would be even less next time when you want to catch a shiny, luckily it doesn't work this way!)

Atually to give you another tip, in Pokemon Crystal when you first enter the Daycare in Goldenrod city, you'll receive an egg. You will have around a 50% chance it will hatch into a shiny baby-Pokemon (also programmed in the game) Again, this doesn't affect your chances to find one in the wild.

So good luck, have fun playing the game and wish you more luck finding the shinies you want!
Currently playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Old November 12th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Shiny_Unown

I was watching a video and trying to figure out the DVs but now that i watch carefully, its not something i control unless I try to get an egg. but...idk its a little complicated and trying to get at least 3 shinies. And i heard that the egg would be "14%" chance for the egg.
Old November 12th, 2014, 02:42 AM
She_Delphox
Delphox used Mystical Fire!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny_Unown View Post
I was watching a video and trying to figure out the DVs but now that i watch carefully, its not something i control unless I try to get an egg. but...idk its a little complicated and trying to get at least 3 shinies. And i heard that the egg would be "14%" chance for the egg.
Oops, sorry I forgot, since I also play the Japanse Pokemon Crystal cartridge, I forgot to mention. Yes for all versions of the games (Pokemon Crystal) it's indeed a 14% chance of hatching it into a shiny, but for the Japanese version it's 50%.

Simply just safe BEFORE receiving the Odd Egg, and try as many times as possible to receive a shiny you like You have a chance of hatching the following: Pichu, Magby, Igglybuff, Clefairy, Tyrogue, Elekid, Smoochum
Currently playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Old 1 Week Ago, 10:57 PM
Polar Spectrum
Bipolar Pegasus & Counter Meta Master
Community Supporter

Hey, sorry if this questions been answered time and time again - it seems like it would be heh. But hey, is there REALLY no way to transfer any pokemon from Gold / Silver or second generation beyond it? As in; trading up to R/S or FR/LG?
The Prism League is now in open beta! Help us test out how things work in this brand new X/Y + Showdown Pokemon League, and have fun battling other members for gym badges and Elite 4 symbols! Click here to sign up, and see what it's all about.

Paired with Discord (Pair Other Gender)
Old 1 Week Ago, 02:10 PM
Imperator161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Spectrum View Post
Hey, sorry if this questions been answered time and time again - it seems like it would be heh. But hey, is there REALLY no way to transfer any pokemon from Gold / Silver or second generation beyond it? As in; trading up to R/S or FR/LG?
Yes, there really is no way to transfer. The data structure is quite different for the older games vs. the newer games, and there were enough stats changes that GF decided to make them incompatible. (E.g., the earlier games use a 0-15 structure for the value of each stat, vs. the 0-31 system that we see in IVs today.) It's a shame, but I suppose it at least gave GF another reason (besides money) to remake the older games.
Old 1 Week Ago, 03:20 PM
Polar Spectrum
Bipolar Pegasus & Counter Meta Master
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator161 View Post
Yes, there really is no way to transfer. The data structure is quite different for the older games vs. the newer games, and there were enough stats changes that GF decided to make them incompatible. (E.g., the earlier games use a 0-15 structure for the value of each stat, vs. the 0-31 system that we see in IVs today.) It's a shame, but I suppose it at least gave GF another reason (besides money) to remake the older games.
Thanks for clarifying, that's very disappointing but useful to have confirmed. Thanks mate.
The Prism League is now in open beta! Help us test out how things work in this brand new X/Y + Showdown Pokemon League, and have fun battling other members for gym badges and Elite 4 symbols! Click here to sign up, and see what it's all about.

Paired with Discord (Pair Other Gender)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links