• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
Been waiting for you to release something new. Eevee is one of my favorite Pokemon because of all the evolutions. I'll be looking forward to final release. :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Go to the beach you started off with, and go to the guy in black clothes, then he'll either give you a Cyndaquil or Mudkip.
I see. So you can get another starter beside changing Eevee for a 3rd gen one.
But well... I'll wait for DJG's response regarding the changes in Charmeleon's moveset.

how do i battle the gym leader in the ghost town!?
Meet her when she's about to leave the gym, go to graveyard (by using the path next to the trees), beat Gastly OWs and talk with her, she will return to gym.

LV 27 Eevee(dang it why can't it evolve!?)
Make it evolve by using YAPE...
There's no other way how to use it :/

This is an interesting part of you game, I'm assuming that SOME battles are forced/required to progress.
Not quite.
You can actually continue the story without battling any trainers beside rivals and gym trainers.

Yeah, that reminds me... DJG, it's interesting to have such a small gyms but only one or two gym trainers? :/ That's kinda not enough for training :/
I know you can train in wild but as you have Pokémon on >30 wild training is useless...
Can you at least make them rebattleable just like the other trainers? :D (Which is little annoying to meet up with every trainer after each gym to get a little useful training xD but I like this feature :D)

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Just started playing, already loving this hack :)
I just wanted to share an oddity that just happened a while ago:

I went to Starlight Beach and 'gave Eevee back', then I received a Squirtle, when I was asked if I wanted to nickname it, I said yes, and then a screen for nicknaming Eevee appeared, I pressed B, and after Joseph left, I checked my party, I had a Squirtle, AND Eevee.

Is that supossed to happen (keeping Eevee after 'giving it back')?
I hope you can answer, anyways, best of luck on your hack!

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Team before the battle of the 6th Gym:
LV 31 Nuzleaf
LV 34 Quilava
LV 34 Espeon
LV 24 Slowpoke
2 HM SLAVES!
And I'm uploading some stuff of it in my YouTube. And it's kind of annoying for each trainer I battle to use a lot of potions, they kill my Pokemon a lot of times, even though I grind.

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Just started playing, already loving this hack :)
I just wanted to share an oddity that just happened a while ago:

I went to Starlight Beach and 'gave Eevee back', then I received a Squirtle, when I was asked if I wanted to nickname it, I said yes, and then a screen for nicknaming Eevee appeared, I pressed B, and after Joseph left, I checked my party, I had a Squirtle, AND Eevee.

Really? I should have done that then. XD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Guys, do you know that one Kanto starter is available from the old guy behind CUTable trees and you can get Bulbasaur and Squirtle as Pokéball events?
You don't need to exchange Eevee for it =) (Or get it without losing Eevee :D)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
The guys that give you leftovers and exp shares and stuff. They give you like 2 or 3, is that intended?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
The guys that give you leftovers and exp shares and stuff. They give you like 2 or 3, is that intended?

They give it to you as a reward for beating the gym leaders, I guess they give us 2 probably because of how our Pokemon need it.

I beat the 1st Beta w/ 6 badges:
LV 37 Nuzleaf
LV 37 Slowbro
LV 37 Espeon
LV 37 Typhlosion

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Just caught a male Hoothoot and a Female Skitty!
I accidentaly named Skitty as 'Bat' instead of 'Cat' -.-
Is there a Name Rater somewhere?

EDIT: While grinding in Route 1, I found a Lv.11 Pidgeotto :O
I managed to catch it before it finished crusing my team of Lv.5-10 Pokes.
I'll give it a well deserved nickname: Killer!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Nice hack, DJG. How long did it take to make this? I ask because it was only posted earlier this week, so... Imagine what can be accomplished in another week. Or did you wait until you had a playable beta to post this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
The guy trying to find a Natu is telling me that a girl inside the cave will give me Flash. I can't find her anywhere. Am I the only one stuck with this?

And by the way, you guys are all getting different starters from the Eevee exchange. I got a Torchic.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As DJG mentioned, it's one of the easter eggs =D
Try to find level 15 Zangoose in the next route and you can have true killer =D

Nice hack, DJG. How long did it take to make this? I ask because it was only posted earlier this week, so... Imagine what can be accomplished in another week. Or did you wait until you had a playable beta to post this?
You need to read ;)
DJG said:
if I'm dead bored, instead of doing nothing, I hack. I started this hack on mid-January, 2012, by the way...
Something like that cannot be done in one week even if you were to hack 24/7.

The guy trying to find a Natu is telling me that a girl inside the cave will give me Flash. I can't find her anywhere. Am I the only one stuck with this?
She's inside. You need to move forward and you will meet her because she's blocking the way.

And by the way, you guys are all getting different starters from the Eevee exchange. I got a Torchic.
It seems it depends on when you go there :D

Years
I've loved all of your hacks so far destinedjagold, and this is no exception. There's something about them that is a little... odd, or something (but in a good way), and I can see that this one is the same. I like how it has some of the same little features that were used in your other hacks, like the outdoor clocks.

Anyway, I just started playing so it's a bit early to say much else, for me, but excellent stuff, I can't wait to continue playing through it :D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Fair enough.

I found that in the twinkle town (nice alliteration btw) an extreme sunny day starts, with nothing putting an end to it...
Is this a mix up with Groudons effect in Ruby?

The sunny weather will fade eventually.

So I finished it (got 6 badges and I presume that's the end...)
But it seems I missed Volcano event... because I cannot surf from the endangered city. o.O

The volcano event is not yet available.

Am I lucky? xD
Spoiler:

Where did you found that? o.O

Oh, and could you edit Charmeleon's moveset to make it more usable?
My Charmeleon is on 33 level and it does NOT have any useful moves o.O
Srsly 33 level Charmeleon only with Ember and Scratch? :/ That doesn't really work...

I'll do just that then.

Anyways, how can you evolve Eevee into another Pokémon? o.O I mean there are no evolution stones in game o.O

I will try and check Eevee's evolution method.

YAY SKYLINE IS HERE! oh, u gonna add in any of your fakemons???? i love the fakemons!

no, sorry.
I'm sticking with the originals.

i love the character and their sprites they're so original and kawaii~
Also where can i get a moon stone

Any evolution stones are not yet available.

moviment permission error:
7930_SunJul100042pm_Pokemon_-_Ruby_Version_(USA)_01.png

Thanks.

7930_SunJul100042pm_Pokemon_-_Ruby_Version_%28USA%29_01.png

btw the guy just below the gym in this pic (out of sight here) is blocking the path to a item which has no other way through (cant surf either)

Thank you.

1) imo grass pkmn are really bad for this hack so far.
Yes grass types generally have poor offense in any pkmn game,
but in this hack so far it was real irritating to see way too many bug catchers, bird keepers and young ladies,
making 80% or so of the trainers' pkmn be grass, bug, flying (especially this!) and fire types.
Grass types thus fare badly in most trainer battles, plus they dont fare well against any gym so far either. (maybe the electric one but not really ie.magneton).
It was annoying at best to raise grass pkmn like venusaur as they get walled way too easily, and considering that u get mostly grass pkmn early early game, its best to just..not use them. in a sense limiting the pkmn u can get early game, get the point?

yes late game with all the surfing would be better for grass types, but by that time there are many good electric types around as well.

I'll...try and remember that one.
Feel free to bash me with this again if ever I'll release another beta, and I forgot this response o'yours.

2) too few TMs. understand this is a beta but would be nice to have at least a few decent stuff around routes (like bullet seed, headbutt, thief etc.?).
This compounds the grass pokemon problem said earlier since theres so little tm to provide coverage (facade venusaur all day long)
Dont have to put too much or too strong stuff either.

I haven't gone to add he TMs around yet...

So i got a rare candy from Zizagoon and it brougth my Ralts to 100 (-)_(-)

I'll check on that one...

Some issues I found:

1. Extremely annoying weather conditions, of course maybe it's intended to differ a little, but this is just weird...

It will be like that.

2. Eevee sucks. The little ****er won't learn any useful attacks, not even when it evolves into espeon or umbreon. And because of the weather conditions, you don't know what time it is, when playing on 8x the speed that's horrible :)

Read the F.A.Q. so you will know how to change Eevee into another starter.

3. Rock Smash and Flash... Really?
I really don't get the flash thingy. In LoG it didn't always hit WHILE IT WAS A DEFENSIVE move... well yeah okay, it's kinda useful though.
But then Rock Smash, 20 damage? Please, Please, Please make that at least 40. This is just ****ed up. I'm sorry I got to have HM Slaves now.

I'll do just that.

5. The towns are really, really close to each other, not really a bad thing, but 4 gyms that are like 2 steps away is too much, place 1 further away.

I won't be changing that, sorry... =/

6. People walking away in the middle of a conversation, just walking away, turning around, while still talking.

Lazy scripting by me...

7. Above the ghost town, with the graveyard and all, it occured to me that you could meet pokemon without walking in grass, well I would say "ofcourse, it's the graveyard" but meanwhile the defeat gastly event even on the green tiles left from the graveyard, pokemon would appear, after the event, they won't.

i'll check on that.

I like the new tiles, but I think these two screenshots show a few problems. Firstly is the trees - the top and bottom colouration/pattern is so similar that they seem to merge together, which looks horrible. Might be better to add more lightness to the top with a more defined edge - the top of the tiles are very heavily shaded.

Secondly I think the cliff tiles need a bit more outline, or perhaps the grass colour softened. They contrast a bit and is missing... something.

I'll see what I can do.
Not really good at graphics...

Yeah, that reminds me... DJG, it's interesting to have such a small gyms but only one or two gym trainers? :/ That's kinda not enough for training :/
I know you can train in wild but as you have Pokémon on >30 wild training is useless...
Can you at least make them rebattleable just like the other trainers? :D (Which is little annoying to meet up with every trainer after each gym to get a little useful training xD but I like this feature :D)

I'll make the gym leaders rebattable in the next beta.

This is a good hack. Starting off broke, challenging gym leaders....loving it.

You can get money from Prof. Birch though.

Definitely, that is NOT how it's suppose to happen.
I'll check on that.

Yep, those are intended.

Just caught a male Hoothoot and a Female Skitty!
I accidentaly named Skitty as 'Bat' instead of 'Cat' -.-
Is there a Name Rater somewhere?

The name rater is unavailable at the moment.

I'd like to call them mini-bosses.

I started last January.

I like how it has some of the same little features that were used in your other hacks, like the outdoor clocks.

They weren't suppose to be in the game.
During beta testing, my brother wanted them back, so they're back. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
OMG!!! I never new this was out for 3 days already. Such talented work & magnificent screenshots!!! U got my support for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back