• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokérus

Have your Pokémon ever been infected with Pokérus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I got it only once in one of my Emerald games. I clearly remember it being a Sableye I caught in the lower levels of Granite Cave near Dewford Town. As I didn't know much about the Pokerus at first, I got curious as to why the nurse at the Pokemon Center was saying some stuff about small life forms attached to my Sableye, so I looked it up and happily found out. I then spread it to all my party Pokemon and dropped the original carrier into the PC. I think I restarted the game or lost the save file though..that encounter was about 2 years ago. Never encountered any other Pokerus-infected Pokemon since.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I got amazingly lucky and got Pokerus in.... one of the gen 3 games. I'm not sure now which one it was in, since I traded infected pokemon out of it and into the rest of the games back when I was still playing them a lot, so now I've got it in all of them. But it was extremely lucky - even beyond the statistics of it.

I had just defeated the E4, and the credits rolled and then it saved and reset to the title screen. I restarted the game and was in the starting town. And I didn't have anyone with Fly with me, and there's no PC in the starting town. So I was going to have to walk to the next town, through the grass on the first route, to get to a PC, get a Flyer and get anywhere else.

I actually considered using a repel, just to keep the level 2s at bay, but decided that was stupid. It's not as if they'd be anything but a minor annoyance anyway, and the route's short. As it turned out, I encountered and battled one Zigzagoon (that's right - it was a Zigzagoon, so it must've been Ruby or Sapphire or Emerald), then went on to town and into the PC and found out my pokemon had caught Pokerus.

Thank you little Zigzagoon...

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
I have seen Pokerus more than I have captured shinies. Once on a now lost Ruby cartridge, a few more times on the GTS but there's really no telling where those strains were from, once in Prism, and again in Black.

Last edited:

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
Years
I've actually gotten PKRS on all the game I've run through. Well, mainly because I spend 100+ hours on each of them, lol.
I don't get shinies as often though. I think shinies just hate me.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Oh yeah haha. I've already got infected by a Pokerus in my Platinum, the only game I've got infected by a Pokerus.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yeah, several times. My first level 100 had Pokerus, but I didn't know it until later. >_>

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I've had it happen only once... and that was during the Christmas Stocking Stuffers' challenge in December. I was using a Hakuouki themed names, and for those who know the series, I thought the PKRS infection was quite amusing considering that most characters get "infected" through the Ochimizu (which has roughly the same strenghtening effect). Unfortunately they healed pretty fast.

I hope to get it once on my real games (as I was Emerald ROMing at the time)... and encounter a shiny... Because I'v never had that happen before.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
I was restarting my White game a year or so ago, and transfered some pokes and items i wanted to save to my friends game. whilst searching for more trade fodder on her game, to transfer items with, one of them turned out to have Pokerus. i left the infected poke on her game as an extra thankyou, but infected a pidove for my own game :) it was a first for both of us!

Years
Back in Emerald I had a Minun with Pokerus, but since I was around ten years old when the game came out, I never bothered to learn about it or read whatever Nurse Joy had to say about it at the Pokemon Centers, so I thought it had a negative effect, being a virus and whatnot. I simply boxed it and forgot about it. At the time, I had no clue what EVs were and it didn't really much matter to me, as long as I could defeat the Elite Four. :P

I'm still not much for competitive battling and EV training today, so even now, I would probably just box the infected Pokemon.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I think I might have had a Pokemon with pokerus in my Sapphire but its been so long that I might be wrong. Other than that I don't think I've had a pokemon with the pokerus virus.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
this first happened to me in a pokemon rom hack is pokemon rowe in pokemon center when i heal after i training my pokemons nurse joy said my pokemon is infected with pokerus i checked and my sceptile is spreading it to the whole party..

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Please avoid posting in threads that have not been posted in for several years. Usually says about three or four years as the limit. Exceeded that by a bit with the previous post from 2013.

Locks this thread. Welcomes anyone who wishes to discuss Pokerus to create a new thread, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back