• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Would that perchance be the same one called Alter Ipse Amicus? I was in that for the brief time that it lasted and I liked it for the 3 posts that I got in before it ended.

You were in it, and it was Latin, but by a different name.

Years
I love those, personally. I'll never grow tired of them ^^ although I'd really like to see a Sinnoh one; Kanto is the most common. I just started one myself as a Game Master, since the one I was a player in seems to be dying. The GM hasn't been on in a while.

Only thing is, there are many of this kind of RPs already. For your RP to get accepted by the moderator, it will have to have some kind of special storyline or background and plot twists.
Just to let you, and everyone else for that matter, that my Journey RP is based on a region that was inspired by Sinnoh, so you can mostly find Sinnoh natives there, with a mix of exotic Johto and Hoenn Pokemon. ;D

EDIT: I submitted my PMD RO thread a while ago for validation. Hopefllu it gets accepted! Wish me luck! :) *crosses fingers*

No one has answered my question so I'll ask it again. Does anyone know where to get region maps? I need one for my Journey RP as I need to show the cities' names and layout etc. Please tell me if you know a good way. Thanks!

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
If I do do an 2.0 of the rp, I think I will change a few things to make it more open, and more organized. Perhaps even chaptered. I guess it would also depend on the level of interest.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
the first time SUs filled up in like a day didn't they? the interest level will probably be really high again.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yeah :3

Part of it is because I allowed for such freedom, I mean I would allow high level pokemon, if the person's history legitimized it. Though that doesn't mean it would make the challenges any easier.

I've already ammended some of the old rules and tweaked other things I had on the original post.

Perhaps the most difficult thing at this point is the person's inventory. I might try to set a limit on it to some extent.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Yeah, with he inventory thing, half of some people's SU's were there inventory, haha, I just put basic stuff i could think of like a sleeping bag. Some people had stuff like: A collapsable two- story tent with a balcony. Not really though.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yeah, I think I will write something like:

Everyone will have a tent and sleeping bag (and other necessities) and then leave them with 30 open spots for pokemon related supplies for fairness and ease.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
That sounds balanced. The one thing I didn't like about it though, was that The characters were really far apart and I think character reaction would've been fun in that RP.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I could certainly include that in a challenge. Like "meet up with x player at y location to do z task". And I'd still of course allow for people to travel together.

Two reasons why I had them far apart at first was because I wanted people to RP the result of being isolated (aside from being with pokemon) and also because it allows them the freedom of RPing without having to wait for the other person (at least at first)

I'm almost done fixing it up, so I hope it works, plus I've integrated questions asked after I had posted it too.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Okay now it is waiting approval :)

I'm unsure if I'll participate though, perhaps only act as a narrator of sorts.

I'll still make people having to write unconventional things though XD

Years
Eh...I've got another idea..but I'm stumped.

It's called [Marked]. It's basically about 10 teens who've been marked by these eternal, divine beings known as the Saviour (neither have a gender, but each can be masculine and feminine I guess), and the Pure, last of their kind. They worked together to defeat the great evil known as Calamity. They won, and so they sealed up Calamity for trillions of years. They've watched worlds go by, saddened by the foolishness of each one, but didn't interfere, even when they all died out. They've seen countless destructions and creations of worlds. The one we know now is #11019.

But they've started to notice something: Calamity is back. Oh crap. Saviour and Pure aren't in the best shape, so they've done something they'd rather had not done: seek help. Even though they don't want help, they've noticied humans and Pokemon are an interesting creation, genetic flukes, and the sheer fact they're still alive with all their flaws and stuff is amazing.

Now each Mark has it's own ability, and their users have 3 abilities as well. hey all grow over time.

Now I want to implement an idea into this, like say if you have a fully evolved Pokemon, and one of the Marks makes that Pokemon into an Exceed, which means it's something that's exceeded it's own limits. Like say Rhyperior was the subject, it would have drills in it's hand-holes, it's tail is a drill, it can dig into the center of the Earth, and it's power is amazing.

So, what do you think?

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
It seems a little muddled, and you'd have to certainly explain what things like Exceeds and Marks are (etc).

It does make sense in what you want it to be though, bad guy is gone, but not truly and now is back and powerful beings get humans with pokemon to stop the threat with the use of their own power to boot.

Years
Well, that's why I came here before making a fool of myself! XD.

But Exceeds are really just upgraded forms of the fully evolved Pokemon.

The Marks are I guess what you called "Access to Ultimate Power", the users at first aren't really sure what to do with them, but as they go along they learn what the real power of their Mark is.

And yeah that's kind of the plot. Though towards the days of finalization I might change it to bad guy is actually a pawn, real bad guy is much, much worse.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Perhaps the best hint in doing anything in concerns to writing is that what might make sense to you in your head, might not make sense to the reader if they were to read it to themselves.

Writers of any sort of experience can make this mistake, so as long as you have a skeleton of a plot and an idea of what you want your RPers to do then you're on your way to being set.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
I'm just a little curious about something. Who here tends to play a character that is the same sex as themselves? For girls, does it bother you to play a male character or are you okay with it, and for boys, does it bother you to play as a female or are you okay with it?

I find myself, personally not really taking sex into consideration that much, and that during development of the character, it doesn't bother me if he turns out to be a male, or if she ends up being female, and if I end up playing as a male or female. I assume this is probably the case for most people here, but there might be some with a preference?

Years
I'm just a little curious about something. Who here tends to play a character that is the same sex as themselves? For girls, does it bother you to play a male character or are you okay with it, and for boys, does it bother you to play as a female or are you okay with it?

I find myself, personally not really taking sex into consideration that much, and that during development of the character, it doesn't bother me if he turns out to be a male, or if she ends up being female, and if I end up playing as a male or female. I assume this is probably the case for most people here, but there might be some with a preference?
Hmm....well, I played as the male most of the time but in RHCP's latest RP, I took a switch to be an opposite sex. I don't really care about the genders but I think that sometimes gender plays a huge role in certain aspects of character development. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back