The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old September 9th, 2011, 04:45 PM
psychomew2
Rank 1: Otsdarva

Nature: Rash
So my computer had a virus a while ago, meaning I had to redownload pokemon online. I took the chance to whip up a new team, though its mostly made of pokemon that I've been successful with in the past. I've never really gotten feedback on teams that i make, but I guess there is a first time for everything. So......
deoxys s
jolly w/focus sash
stealth rock
spikes
superpower
taunt

Scrafty w/ Shed skin
carefull w/lefties
252 hp/8 atk/248 spe def
bulk up
drain punch
payback
rest
This guy is a great tank from what I've experienced. He can rip through unprepared teams. Shed skin and rest makes it so status conditions dont bother it as much as other set uppers.

espeon w/ magic bounce
timid w/ light clay
252 hp/40 def/216 speed
psychic
hp fire
reflect
light screen
standard screening set from smogon with magic bounce. It's ability makes it a good switch on status moves and screens help scrafty live longer.

Infernape w/ iron fist
jolly w/ choice band
252 atk/252 speed/6 hp
close combat
flare blitz
mach punch
stone edge
I try to always have one choicer on my teams. This is the smogon set except with mach punch replacing u turn. Simple stuff really.

Cloyster w/ skill link
jolly w/ life orb
252 atk/252 speed/6 hp
shell smash
rock blast
icicle spear
ice shard
screens help this guy sweep. A sweeper like this is pretty fun to use, it can be hard to stop once it gets going.

Rotom w
Modest w/lefties
112 hp/252 spe atk/144 speed
Hydro pump
Thunderbolt
Will-o-wisp
pain split

So yeah, thats it. All advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance

On the matter of my argument with Idankingo I admit to being too fast to anger and assuming the worst too quickly, and apologize for any unpleasentness caused because of it.

Last edited by psychomew2; September 9th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I think you should ditch Aerodactyl for Tyranitar, or for a closer alternative, Deoxys-S. My reasoning for the former is that weather control is very important in the 5th Generation Metagame, the latter also serves as a suitable replacement as Deoxys-S can always get up to 2 layers of hazards on the field, better than Aerodactyl, for the most part.

For Tyranitar, I like the following set

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
252 HP/176 Attack/80 Special Defense
Brave Nature
Trait: Sand Stream
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast
-Crunch/Pursuit

As for Deoxys

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Trait: Pressure
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Superpower

If you choose to use Deoxys-S, then I think replacing Espeon for Slowbro might be a good option. Slowbro [mainly the calm mind set] is by far one of the best partners for Scrafty.

This is the set I prefer for Calm Mind Slowbro, if you so choose to use it.

Slowbro @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Slack Off
-Scald
-Psychic/Psyshock [you could also use Flamethrower to vanquish Ferrothorn]

Anyhow, as you said, Eelektross seems to be the odd ball, I think replacing it with Rotom-W might be a good idea, especially because Rotom-W is such a great partner for Infernape, and you always want to establish synergy between your attackers.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
Trait: Levitate
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
-Will O Wisp/Hidden Power [Fire]
-Pain Split

Good luck with the team!

paired to kaori & vrai
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM
psychomew2

thanks for the input. As you said, dexoys seems to be the most similar alternative for a lead so I may go with that. I'm also a bit uneasy about running sandstorm without any other pokemon that are immune to it. If weather based teams seem to always kick my butt though, I'll slide ttar in. Also, good call on the rotom, I think thats what's gunna come closest to the type of support Eelektross was supposed to do.

On the matter of my argument with Idankingo I admit to being too fast to anger and assuming the worst too quickly, and apologize for any unpleasentness caused because of it.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:03 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Scrafty is lacking in bulk here. You're using Careful and no Special Defense EVs? This might be better: 252 HP/8 Atk/248 SDef. That way, it can take hits more easily while setting up.

Old September 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
psychomew2

I see your point. I had a different ev spread from what is listed above before my computer died, but I can't remember it right now. Anywho, thx for the feedback.
EDIT: made a few changes based on suggestions (still wanna keep espeon though, i likes me some screening XD). Any other edits are welcome.

Last edited by psychomew2; September 9th, 2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Oh I almost forgot: due to the new Wish mechanics, Espeon isn't a viable user of it anymore; Chansey, Blissey, Vaporeon, Jirachi and Alomomola can do it better due to their huge HP. Instead, you can use a Hidden Power type to deal with Steel Pokemon (Fire or Fighting).

Old September 9th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Fairy

I'd give Cloyster Ice Shard over Razor Shell. Unfortunately, Cloyster doesn't get a good, strong, STAB Physical Water attack. Hydro Pump or Surf could be usable with 252 Attack / 44 Special Attack / 212 Speed. But Ice Shard offers a lot for Cloyster considering the priority regardless.

And yes, the Life Orb would be good for Cloyster.
fairy clubac:nl clubpokemon fae

Old September 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
psychomew2

yeah, it could REALLY use waterfall >_<. I do like having priority on shell smashers due to the fact that priority is probably gunna be how most people will chose to deal with it. Ok, I'll give cloyster those changes.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links