• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
you dont need asm for showing mugshots in firered?

What kind of mugshots are you referring to?
The pre-battle ones, like when you face the elite four,
or the ones using the box that shows a picture when someone is talking?

BOH

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
I'm editing tree tiles in Ruby. I've see that the block that represent the top of the tree (left side) is composed by 1 tile in the bottom-right corner and 3 trasparent tiles. But i wanna use every of 4 tile space in the block, what part of tileset i've to modify?

thanks a lot

itman

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
how do i find the codes for colors for a hexeditor?

Heres the way I do it...

Import an OW into NSE Classic with the colors you want to know.

Go to edit palette.
It'll show the codes for those 16 colors.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Hi folks. Music question approaching!

There's a music track in a Pokémon hack that I want to place in mine (the author has allowed this). The track is in a FireRed ROM and I want to extract it and place it in to my FireRed hack.

Is this at all possible? I figured it would be easier since the track will already be in GBA format.

Thanks in advance. :)

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Hey, I know there is a feature that changes the battle music for Trainers for A-Trainer, but it uses numbers, not words. Is there a list, side-by-side, next to each appropriate name? I am using Pokemon Emerald.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Hi folks. Music question approaching!

There's a music track in a Pokémon hack that I want to place in mine (the author has allowed this). The track is in a FireRed ROM and I want to extract it and place it in to my FireRed hack.

Is this at all possible? I figured it would be easier since the track will already be in GBA format.

Thanks in advance. :)

Using a tool called Sappy (download it and the mod 17.1 version that can be found via Google), open the ROM with the music you were allowed to get, find the song and Export tracks, then open the ROM you want them inserting, find the same song, and Insert tracks. That should work, but just post back on here if it doesn't go smoothly.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey, I know there is a feature that changes the battle music for Trainers for A-Trainer, but it uses numbers, not words. Is there a list, side-by-side, next to each appropriate name? I am using Pokemon Emerald.

There isn't. This is a common misunderstanding. The value you set only changes the encounter music, the battle music itself is strictly set in the ROM using a table based on Trainer Classes (in Emerald - in FR, it's done differently). Sadly, it's not the sort of table you can just repoint and change a value on because it points to ASM code, as opposed to a song value.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Can someone message me and teach me how to make In game trade pokemon scripts for fire red? I have been trying for a week now and cant figure it out.

BOH

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
Hi!

In advance map how can i do for replace a map with another?

I've make my map in a test rom (same tiles of the real rom) and i want to move it into real rom (possibly including movement and permission)

thanks a lot

Years
On the map you want to move:
File -> Map -> Save Map as -> Save

On map you want to replace:
File -> Map -> Load -> Select the one you saved

File -> Map -> Insert

Select Replace, enter the bank and map number of the map you want to replace

It works better in Advance Map 1.9.2

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Using a tool called Sappy (download it and the mod 17.1 version that can be found via Google), open the ROM with the music you were allowed to get, find the song and Export tracks, then open the ROM you want them inserting, find the same song, and Insert tracks. That should work, but just post back on here if it doesn't go smoothly.

Many thanks Banjora, I'll give that a go.

Update
Drat! It looks like these tracks were, quite literally inserted into the ROM as when I play a track in the current list, the regular music played.

Update 2
Well I found the track thanks to the hacks Music Room, A-Map and XSE! Sappy Song 297 (Hex: 129 - Trainer Battle). It sounds fine in Sappy (although sped up slightly for some reason) but when I extract the track and import it in to my hack, nothing plays except for the odd Beep and Blop ever 5 - 7 seconds or so. :/

Another question:
I'd like this new music track to play when you fight a specific Trainer Class. I assume this will require ASM. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Is it possible to replace a word in all the text in the game? I would like to change the word "POKéMON" to something else.
I am asking this question because I know a hack (namely: Touhoumon Emerald by Anjirusensei) where the word POKéMON in all the text of the game was replaced by the word "Puppet". I find it hard to believe the creator has manually replaced every POKéMON word that is in the game, so I thought it could be possible for me to do the same.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Change trainer sprites in R/B/Y - request

I am a person, who don't know anything about rom editing.
I would like to ask you, users, for help.

What I am interested,
is a change boy
Spoiler:
on a girl sprites.
Spoiler:

There are many editing programs, but only Tile Layer Pro and Molester support R/B/Y versions.
Work in them is too complicated for someone like me, inexperienced.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I am a person, who don't know anything about rom editing.
I would like to ask you, users, for help.

What I am interested,
is a change boy
Spoiler:
on a girl sprites.
Spoiler:

There are many editing programs, but only Tile Layer Pro and Molester support R/B/Y versions.
Work in them is too complicated for someone like me, inexperienced.
First of all, Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester won't help you a bit in changing "battle sprites" in R/B/Y. Those sprites are compressed meaning there is a code for fitting the image in smaller size than it would be as uncompressed image (type of an image that could be edited easily with Tile Layer Pro for instance).

There is a tool for inserting the battle sprites of that girl and replacing them with the original boy's sprites however. Go to Skeetendo Inc. (through that link in my signature) and try to find help threads that would suit your needs there. Problems similar to this one have been discussed there already.

itman

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
In Fire Red, is there a warp that will immediately change your location?
Like, instead of the screen fading to black and back again. I want it without the fade.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
In Fire Red, is there a warp that will immediately change your location?
Like, instead of the screen fading to black and back again. I want it without the fade.

You could use the movesprite command, but that will only work for teleporting the player and/or an npc to another location on the map you are currently on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back