• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Series (GBA toolbox)

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
I've joined just for some problems I've been having. One of them was stated above (The one with the long error log), the others I think were stated earlier but I decided to take a screenshot them anyway. The following is all the problems I'm having with the current version or whichever version was last updated in the download links as of this post. The sprite used was 64x64 and individually imported to each stage.

(I just found out I need to have 15 posts or more to post images, so attachments are the screenshots)

You can't use this tool while other tools are working with the rom. This is the problem.

Bye ^^

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
This is awesome and all, but I need some .NET File thing to get it open on my Laptop...

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
Have you two installed Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or later? It's needed for the tools to work.

I installed .NET 4.0, but now I'm gettin .NET Framework Initialization Error message, "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application". I'm running Windows XP, and I do have Service Pack 3 and all the latest (automatic) updates.

What should I do now (I'm a newbie with computers, I know)? I've searched Google for answers, but there they say to redownload and reinstall .NET with the antivirus software off or delete some drivers and redownload them after installing .NET, both of which sound a little bit risky for me to do without further information.

I'd be more than grateful for any advice.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I found the anwser to my own question.

First, go to Microsoft Download Center (a website) and search .NET 3.5 (or any other version, but I recommand 3.5). And Last, download it. Wow! That was fast!

And again Wichu, your tools are the best!

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
Thanks for these ^^ They work perfectly on my computer. Thanks again, Wichu. The only problem is Luvdisc. It messes up. Same when I try to insert a Pokemon sprite in unLZ-GBA. But don't worry.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2011
You can't use this tool while other tools are working with the rom. This is the problem.

Bye ^^

do u mean that it won't work if other tools have already been used or won't work while other tools are running?

im getting the error "index was out of bounds of the array" when i insert a big sprite...e.g Empoleon, iv already resized them to 64x64....i think it may have something to do with the sprite touching the edge of the box but i'm not sure....

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Hey, Wichu. Ive been using sprite positioner for a LONG time, and it was working perfctlly, until today when i tried to use it, and it wont let me use it and keeps deleting it, because it says it has a high risk virus in it! I have a windows XP and My virus scanner is Norton Antivirus 2010, if that helps, IF you can help in anyway, its greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2011
i just downloaded an emerald rom, but i can't find its folder, so i cna't use the sprite editor thingy. what do i do?

all i got from rom downloading was loads of text i didn't understand. and i can't use any of the apps because i need a rom. is this meant to happen?

for some reason when i use the sprite editor for my second frame, after adding the shiny's second frame, certain colours vanish and the sprite looks awful. It seems to be to do with colours i'm using.

another thing: how do you rename a pokemon?

that happened to me when i tried one of my fusion sprites, i thought it was to do with the amount of colours in use on the sprite.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
not a surprise, before i shortened it in GIMP, my picture synchronized the palette, but after i shortened it, i get an error as soon as i sychronize the palette.

Epicness

Hacker Newbia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2010
Ok, I would just like to thank you for these. they are much easier than IconED and Unlz.gba. I especially would like to thank you for the HGSS Sprite Pack which is 100% compatible with your programs =D

Years
Hey, Wichu. Ive been using sprite positioner for a LONG time, and it was working perfctlly, until today when i tried to use it, and it wont let me use it and keeps deleting it, because it says it has a high risk virus in it! I have a windows XP and My virus scanner is Norton Antivirus 2010, if that helps, IF you can help in anyway, its greatly appreciated.

try to delete it and then redownload...it might fix your problem

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
*SIGH*
O.
M.
F.
G.
Is there NOWHERE IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET that has the Leaf Green ini? Not Fire Red, not Ruby, not Emerald. LEAF GREEN. I have been looking ALL FREAKING DAY. Sorry if I sound pissed, it's because I am.

And can someone please point me to a download of Advanced Mart THAT ACTUALLY WORKS?!

Last edited:

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Great program, but whenever I try to write to wrom I get this:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Sprite_Editor.RomFunctions.ConvertStringToByteArray(String& str)
at Sprite_Editor.SpriteData.GetCompressedData(Int32 species)
at Sprite_Editor.Form1.WriteToROMButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/*/Documents/Rom%20hacking/ADVANCE/Advanced%20PokNon%20Sprite%20Editor.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

When you use this tool, you can't use another tool to edit your hack, because this happens (personal experience). This tool must work alone.

Bye ^^

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
My friend, you have no idea what you're talking about XD
If that were the case we would have figured this out a long time ago.
OH, and leafbarette, make your own damn ini, not that hard.

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
Yeah, you can open the INI with wordpad and write the offsets on there...is not so hard, i did it myself^^

Speaking of that, anyone could share with me the offsets for the icons in the Japanese Fire Red ROM, please? Thanks in advance!

Funfat.

Working on scripts that fail
Years
*SIGH*
O.
M.
F.
G.
Is there NOWHERE IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET that has the Leaf Green ini? Not Fire Red, not Ruby, not Emerald. LEAF GREEN. I have been looking ALL FREAKING DAY. Sorry if I sound pissed, it's because I am.

And can someone please point me to a download of Advanced Mart THAT ACTUALLY WORKS?!
Um... Wichu did not make Advanced Mart so don't MENTION IT!
but here is Advanced mart if you need it.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
I keep getting the message "The rom is not compatible with any files in the INI folder". It's a FireRed rom. Sorry if this is a simple problem, I am a simple person.

Back