• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Kunzite Version!

Should I add 4th or 5th Generation Pokemon?

• Only 4th Generation Pokemon

Votes: 21 10.1%
  • Only 5th Generation Pokemon

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Both

Votes: 148 71.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 31 14.9%

• Total voters

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
KUNZITE'S BACK BABY!

Hey-o! So in the past month and a half, I've gotten no work done on Kunzite, unfortunately. This was due to finals, work, and sports. But now that it's summer, and I've gotten some free time, I'm planning on getting back to work!
Spoiler:

However, I will be going to a basketball camp on Friday of this week, and I'll be gone for 4-5 more days. Before then, I'll be working on Kunzite though. And afterwards, I plan on allowing people to help me out (because I'm definitely going to need it).

I'll also be adding updates to my Youtube every now and then this summer. You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/HeyoPC

So, here's the original OP. Enjoy yourselves!

Hey-o!

I'm Heyo, and I'm working on a hack of Pokemon Fire Red called Pokemon Kunzite Version. I'm currently working on it by myself, but once I get some free time, I'd be willing to have more people help me.

The features I'm planning on having in the game will be a new storyline, a new hero and heroine, a new region, new villains, a new storyline, new Pokemon, new moves, and new minigames.

I also currently have the main parts of the storyline written, but to keep from spoiling it, I can give a short beginning of what I'd like to accomplish.

Storyline:
Spoiler:

Characters:
Spoiler:

Music:
Spoiler:

The music under "Early Development" will not be using the same instruments in-game; these pieces just give me a good idea of what it should sound like.

Currently, I have minimal scripting done, and I have mapped 9 cities and 14 routes. I have also inserted a couple of tiles, but I'm going to wait on adding more.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Expect more to come! I'm hoping on having an exciting and long plot to differentiate this hack from other Pokemon games while still keeping it pretty traditional. Feel free to let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
I like how this is coming along so far, and I have to say, the blue jay styled pokemon in the screenshot grabbed my attention! O: Very beautiful. I'm curious about the new hero and heroine!

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I really like your mapping. How many Fakemon do you plan to insert(I dont like Fakemon at all, sadly, but that Jazul looks great, kudos :P)I would like to know more: 4th/5th generation Pokemon(I hope you won´t^^), are these tiles yours(if not, where did you get them, they look beautiful to me).
Keep up the good work!
EDIT: Team Evo sprites look really nice, good job man :)

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
It's okay if you want Fakemon in this hack, but some of the first 386 original Pokemon shouldn't be replaced at all.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Love the blue jay, I'm actually interesting in seeing more of the fakemon. MT.Blackhead looks cool as well. Goodluck with everything!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I like how this is coming along so far, and I have to say, the blue jay styled pokemon in the screenshot grabbed my attention! O: Very beautiful. I'm curious about the new hero and heroine!

Thank you. :) I don't have a design yet for the heroine unfortunately, but I've already created some first draft sprites for the hero.
Spoiler:

I really like your mapping. How many Fakemon do you plan to insert(I dont like Fakemon at all, sadly, but that Jazul looks great, kudos :P)I would like to know more: 4th/5th generation Pokemon(I hope you won´t^^), are these tiles yours(if not, where did you get them, they look beautiful to me).
Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I don't have an answer for how many, but I plan on making a Pokedex like how it was done in Ruby and Sapphire; it'll have about 150 Pokemon with mostly Fakemon. I'll be keeping the Pokemon that show up in nearly every game though, like Pikachu, Zubat, Geodude, etc. I've also debated on putting in 4th/5th generation Pokemon, and I definitely won't be putting in 5th generation (I've never even played Black or White), but I'm unsure whether I'll be putting in 4th generation ones.
And the railroad tiles are mine, but the tiles for images like Mt. Blackhead are just recolors of the original tiles for Fire Red.

It's okay if you want Fakemon in this hack, but some of the first 386 original Pokemon shouldn't be replaced at all.

I agree with you fully. :)

Love the blue jay, I'm actually interesting in seeing more of the fakemon. MT.Blackhead looks cool as well. Goodluck with everything!

Thank you. I actually have a decent amount of Fakemon made (although I've only inserted about 18), if you'd like to check some of them out please take a look at my pixel art thread.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Update:
Heroes_zpse77773c1.png
EvoPeons_zpsf565afc1.png

I have completed the heroine and rival's designs. I've also completed the Team Evo peons' design.
The OP has been updated with characters and their bios. I'll add more soon, but I can't get a lot of work done until this weekend.

Last edited:

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Update:
Heroes_zpse77773c1.png
EvoPeons_zpsf565afc1.png

I have completed the heroine and rival's designs. I've also completed the Team Evo peons' design.
The OP has been updated with characters and their bios. I'll add more soon, but I can't get a lot of work done until this weekend.

It's so interesting to see another Spanish hacker (I assume you're so, due to Rojo and Azul being in fakemon names, and them being blue and red respectively ahah).

This looks promissing!
Keep it up :D

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
It's so interesting to see another Spanish hacker (I assume you're so, due to Rojo and Azul being in fakemon names, and them being blue and red respectively ahah).

This looks promissing!
Keep it up :D

I can speak okay Spanish, but I'm actually an English hacker, not to disappoint. I'm glad you picked up on that though, I was trying to be creative with the names. :)

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I can speak okay Spanish, but I'm actually an English hacker, not to disappoint. I'm glad you picked up on that though, I was trying to be creative with the names. :)

Oh I see, my bad then, no disappointment whatsoever ;)

The names look pretty sweet tho, nice choice. Keep it up, I can't wait to see more Fakemon. If I can help in anyway feel free to ask, although my hacking knowledge is rather limited ahah

Good luck!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Oh I see, my bad then, no disappointment whatsoever ;)

The names look pretty sweet tho, nice choice. Keep it up, I can't wait to see more Fakemon. If I can help in anyway feel free to ask, although my hacking knowledge is rather limited ahah

Good luck!

Thanks. And I appreciate the offer for help, but I'm not looking for help right now; I only have limited time to work on it currently, and I'd like to be able to put more time into it before having someone else work on it with me. That way, it doesn't seem like anyone else is doing all the work.

However, if I do get around to working with others (probably this summer), I'll make sure to let you know. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
Dear god, PLEASE RELEASE THIS GAME.

Take your time, take all the time you need. But I've been like a crack addict looking for a new Fakemon game. Despite all the hatred for it I loved Pokemon Quartz (in a messed up, this is terrible kind of way) and your fakemon look amazing! Like he Minnowhite line is WAY better than the Oshawott line (...maybe not Dewott, but Tanchor>Samurott)

I look forward to watching your progress.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Dear god, PLEASE RELEASE THIS GAME.

Take your time, take all the time you need. But I've been like a crack addict looking for a new Fakemon game. Despite all the hatred for it I loved Pokemon Quartz (in a messed up, this is terrible kind of way) and your fakemon look amazing! Like he Minnowhite line is WAY better than the Oshawott line (...maybe not Dewott, but Tanchor>Samurott)

I look forward to watching your progress.

I'll work as much as I can to get this done, don't worry. Haha.

And thank you! Personally, I didn't really want to play Black and White when I saw Oshawott (that's just my opinion; no offense to those that like Oshawott and the games), I didn't think it had the original "water starter" feeling that you get with Squirtle or Totodile. Thus, I made Minnowhite, which I'm hoping brings that feeling back.

I see you've also looked at my Pixel Art thread, or else you wouldn't know that I made Tanchor. So thanks again, I appreciate it. :D

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I have a question for the public: are there any good music composers out there who would like to work on the music for the hack? I have planned on adding completely original tracks to the game as well, and have made a few myself (don't expect them to be amazing, I haven't taken a music class in my life).

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I like the new tree tiles, although I think they should be darkened a little. They blend a little too much with the grass.
Other than that, this looks great!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I like the new tree tiles, although I think they should be darkened a little. They blend a little too much with the grass.
Other than that, this looks great!

Thanks, and I agree that they need to be darkened. I'm still working on them, and that's one of the things that I tried fixing (although, now, they're too dark).

While I like the screenshots I seriously dont´t like the new tiles in the spoiler, but everyone´s taste is different, I guess.

At first I wasn't a big fan of them myself, but the more I see them, the more they grow on me. They're still subject to change.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey guys, I've been on vacation for a while now, so I haven't really gotten any progress done. I'm back now though, and I'll continue work this weekend.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
i will be waiting for this particular hack to be finished.. its nice to see new pokemons in there.. good luck!

Back