• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Bronze

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
picture.php

Developed in RPG Maker XP

picture.php
Greetings everyone. I am pokefan41, a long time veteran of the Pokemon games. I own practically every pokemon game made, with the exception of the games made for N64, and Pokemon Box. I have enjoyed every game made, but I kept feeling like I wanted more. When I saw some users making their own games, and I found the means to make my own, I went to work. Pokemon Bronze is the start of what I hope will be a long line of custom Pokemon Games related to this first one.

picture.php

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh have been plagued with world domination plots for years. Residents have been getting tired of dealing with criminals roaming everywhere, not to mention the countless children who have to somehow save them from these villains. Some residents are just tired of it, and want to get away. Your family is one of them. You, and your parents are tired of dealing with the criminals, so they find a location where crime is practically non-existent. Impossible? No, the region of Orbis has the reputation of being the most calm and relaxing region for pokemon and humans. Some call it the vacation spot away from everything.
On this isolated region, you and your family settle in the quiet town of BluePort. You meet Professor Mackle, who tells you he's the professor whose job it is to deliver starter pokemon to aspiring young children who wish to become a pokemon trainer. No surprise there, practically every region has such a professor. While you have lived with pokemon all your life, the idea of traveling with pokemon, training them everywhere, just didn't seem like something you wanted to do. Then, Professor Mackle says something that peaks your interest, the Orbis Gym Committee is looking for aspiring trainers to take over two gym positions in the Orbis region.
Being a gym leader is something you've always wanted, but you didn't want to travel with pokemon to reach that goal. Kind of one sided, isn't it? Professor Mackle mentions the requirements to you, including the gym leader requirement, and you must be able to defeat the Orbis Elite 4 in order to be included in the pool for the position of gym leader. Now you don't know if you want to pursue the gym leader challenge, as such you don't like the idea of traveling with pokemon nor the idea of training them. Professor Mackle tells you if you want to take on the challenge, you must tell him by the next morning. While thinking in your room about what to tell the professor, your parents call you down to have a long talk with you about the ethics of training pokemon, and if you really want this, you'll have to work at it. After great encouragement from your parents you head back to the lab, and give the professor your decision. You then begin your journey through Orbis, encountering pokemon, and training them to eventually defeat the Elite 4.

picture.php

· 240 pokemon available to capture.
· Collect 6 gym badges to advance to the Elite 4
· Semi-interactive, where your choices impact the game, some minor, some major.
· New region to explore, Orbis
· Hunt down and capture legendary pokemon only known to elders;
· Run a pokemart for a day
· Teach at one of 4 trainer schools.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Poccil and Flameguru for the fantastic Pokemon RPG MakerXP Starter Kit.

If you have any questions, or would like to help me with this project, please pm me, and let me know what you would be able to do to help me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Interesting concept and story. It's too bad your images don't do it any justice.

Your maps look really bare, and while Pokemon likes to keep things simple, add some flowers on the plans, and a few rocks in the caves, and in the towns decorate them with NPCs just to make it appear more lively. You also want to replace that Nurse graphic :)

It would be helpful to state what kind of help you are looking for, too.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Interesting concept and story. It's too bad your images don't do it any justice.

Your maps look really bare, and while Pokemon likes to keep things simple, add some flowers on the plans, and a few rocks in the caves, and in the towns decorate them with NPCs just to make it appear more lively. You also want to replace that Nurse graphic :)

It would be helpful to state what kind of help you are looking for, too.
Thanks for your comments.

Let me finalize a few things about what I've done. First off, the majority of the maps are not finalized, I wanted to get something together so I had a better idea of how I wanted to tell the story. Once I know the direction of the story, I'll start adding details to the maps. I tend to work on projects very slowly, so this will take awhile.

I did not list any requests for help not because I don't need it, but at the moment, at the pace I'm going, I don't think I will need extra help with this. I'm also in college too, and the last thing I need is to mention help requests and then take forever to respond and have agitated teammates. I do not want to have that happen.

But once I have a better idea of what I want to do, and how I want to work on this, then maybe I'll start asking for help. I at the moment am not planning to go beyond the basics of Essentials since I for the life of me cannot program. Not to mention I have absolutly no idea what I am doing within the code files anyway, and I know not to mess with stuff which I don't know how to work.

More progress will be posted when I have the time, and when I can plan out how I want this done, I'll make a team list in my first post.

BTW: My title image for the game in the first post contains images of some legendaries I will include in the game. Not all of them, of course, because I couldn't fit them all, but as a small puzzle, see if you can guess the pokemon in the image. One is hidden.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
A small update on my progress:

I'm in the process of replacing the pokemon sprites in Essentials with updated sprites currently being used in Black and White. All of my images are coming from Bulbapedia.org. If anyone is interested, I can replace all 493 pokemon sprites up to Generation IV and I can make those availible for use to everyone.

I'm still working on my team for this project. I don't have a full list yet, but I do know I would need spriters to help me make some new gym leaders, and also a new nurse and professor graphic.

Most of my maps are being upgraded, and at least two of them are getting a complete overhaul. One already has been fixed, and the other will be. Photos soon.

Back