• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Illusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years

profilepic316675_4.gif
Pokemon Illusions
profilepic316675_4.gif

Intro:
Hello there all, my name is tajaros and I'm Introducing my first ever hack Pokemon Illusions. In my early stages of hacking the first thing I did was to help people in their hacks and that prove to help me improve my Hacking skills. Especially in the making of Pokemon Dark Rising believe it or not on my start on working on it I was a noob until I learned things after that. Now this hack has all the things that I learned from the past including many great features and awesome gameplay.

Storyline:
The hack is called Pokemon Illusions. You awake as a Boy/Girl from the beautiful region of Crown. There's this evil team that has the plan to control Legendaries by means of techie machines. The evil team is called Team Jazz they use a device to brainwash Pokemon so they will do their bidding. But, you have been ordered by Prof. Narra to go set out on a journey to vanquish the evil plans of Team Jazz. You and your Rival as bestfriends since Childhood are Pokemon Battle nerds (Not actually nerds but expert in Pokemon Battling). One night you woke up hearing a ruckus in the Lab and you see Team Jazz taking Prof.Narra's Zorua. The Professor asks you to battle them with the Zorua. And after defeating Team Jazz Professor Narra asks you to come by his lab the next day, and on the next day he gives you and your rival your first Pokemon to start your journey. Can you defeat them and discover the mysteries of the Crown Region?

As of now I haven't started scripting yet.

Screenshots:
NTZtMnf.png
Hdgd1b8.png
2-1_zps5d972b28.png
8-1_zps87900044.png
7-1_zps2a0bc7fc.png
3-1_zpsffc5865c.png
4-1_zpse1dabb7c.png
6-1_zps86a5ea38.png
9-1_zps8aaaa5bf.png
1-2_zps629dde0a.png
5-2_zps9fe45e3b.png
11-1_zpsd45b2084.png

Features:
New Pokemon from the 4th&5th Gen
New Story
New Region
New Tiles
New Maps
New Scripts
New Sprites
New Battle Backgrounds
New Cries
New Music
Physical/Special Split
Amazing Gameplay
Pre-Battle Mugshots
Trainer Facing when battling (Just like in R/S/E)
Running Shoes Inside Buildings
Three Layer Tile Hack
Day&Night System

The Team:
tajaros: Scripter, Mapper, Spriter, Storyline, Hex Editing, Tile Inserter, Cry Inserter, Basic ASM, etc.
The dragon tamer: Spriter
Pinkish Purple: OW Spriter, and Userbar Maker
atangerine: Mapper
Gerokunz: TitleScreen Editor, and Userbar Maker.
KiraKonGxi - TileInserter, Mapper.

If you would like to be a part of the team sign-up here Or if you want to help don't be shy to VM/PM me... :)

Credits:
Me - Almost Everything
NarutoActor - Mapping, Ideas, and being a good friend.
Elite Charizard. Kyledove, War8, Alistair, WesleyFG, Zeikaro - Tiles
Jambo51 - ASM Resources
JPAN - Firered Hacked Engine
Hackmew - Tutorials
Mastermind_X, ZodiacTheGreat, Interdepth - Some Tutorials, and the Day&Night System
Mavy42 - Banner
Gamefreak/Nintendo - Pokemon
Tool Makers - Tools
Gerokunz - Titlescreen logo, Support Banner
DarkRisingGirl - Storyline, Ideas
Midnightshine - Support Banner
Pinkish Purple - Support Banner
diegoisawesome - 3 Layer Tile Hack, and for too much awesomeness... :)
KiragonGxi - Support Banners
DoesntKnowHowToPlay, Darthatron, Jambo51, FrozenInfernoZX - Guides, and for the Physical/Special Split

PS. If you helped with the hack in someway don't be shy to conatct me so I can add you to the list.

FAQS:

Q: Who's your starter in the Hack?
A: Starters from the 1st-5th Gen.

Q: Are there new Pokemon in the Hack?
A:Yes, 4th and 5th Gen Pokemon are in the hack.

Q: What about the 1st - 5th Gen. Starters will we be able to catch them?
A:Yes, you can capture them also in the wild.

Q: Which Pokemon is the Rival's Starter?
A:Your Rival's starter is Riolu.

Q: What is Team Jazz's plot?
A: Their plot is to rule the world by making use of Illusions which are made by Zorua and Zoroark.

Q: How many Rivals do you Have?
A:As for the Main Rivals you have three.

Q: When will the hack be released?
A: Check the thread tomorrow ok?

Q: Who's the Professor of the game?
A: Prof.Nara he is somewhat your teacher or the one that taught you and your rival about Pokemon.

Bugs&Glitches:
- Luckily none.

Banners:

Put this on your signatures to support us!

illussions.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289967"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/banners%2032/illussions.png[/IMG][/URL]

Ugapv.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289967"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ugapv.png[/IMG][/URL]

grDz3.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289967"][IMG]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/tajaros/grDz3.png[/URL][/IMG]

illusionf.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289967"][IMG]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3884/illusionf.png[/IMG][/URL]

KCGeM.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289967"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KCGeM.png[/IMG][/URL]

usion.gif

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289967"][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5339/usion.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Game Release:
I have realized that it will be better if I put up a Live Beta so no Beta's yay! ^_^

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Congrats on your 1st hack thread Tajaros! I know this is gonna come out great and from the looks of things, you're doing a good job on it. My only tiny concern is that house in the first screenshot is being used in A Lot of hacks. Everything else looks and sounds good, especially the choices of any 1st-3rd gen starter. I'll be playing the beta first thing. ^.^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I also forgot to mention that I'm surprised you didn't go for a "SAO" type of storyline for the hack. You know, the player is actually a person in the real world and there's this "Pokemon Rpg game that puts your mind in a Pokemon Universe". The player's rival could be the best friend that also got the game too and they both signed on at the same time for the first time ever, only to find out they're traped in this fantasy Pokemon world game. I thought you would go for something like that lol. But as I said in my first post, this is exciting and I'll be the first to play the beta.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Two of your screenies are the same thing! :O

But this looks nice, in the early stages. I've seen you around a bit and know you can script well, so don't hold back on that. :) From what I can see, the maps are fine, just the ledge infront of that gym building just reminds me way too much of Viridian city, and I'm sure that's not your plan...I mean it's not really a big deal though.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I also forgot to mention that I'm surprised you didn't go for a "SAO" type of storyline for the hack. You know, the player is actually a person in the real world and there's this "Pokemon Rpg game that puts your mind in a Pokemon Universe". The player's rival could be the best friend that also got the game too and they both signed on at the same time for the first time ever, only to find out they're traped in this fantasy Pokemon world game. I thought you would go for something like that lol. But as I said in my first post, this is exciting and I'll be the first to play the beta.

Haha, I'm not really in that kind of story I just don't have any Region Name in mind... xD

Yeah, that house is being use in a lot of games, but who cares... xD

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... this seems like a brand new ROM Hack, and it's great to see that there are different tiles inserted already. It seems like it will become even better as time goes on, great to also see a day and night system implemented into the hack. It surely is making me think about playing it through. :)

As for suggestions, I would recommend changing the indoor tiles to new tiles, it would surely give it a better feel to it. ^^

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Criticism: As DRG said, that Marnian house is being used a lot. With reference to the name, I don't see anything in the storyline that has to do with 'Illusion'. I was expecting something at least like Zoroark being controlled and making illusions so that people will leave a place and Team Jazz can take over it or something. And the indoors are quite plain. That's all ^~^

Praises:
The fact that you have said you are including 4th and 5th gen Pokemon is a big plus, because I personally like hacks that have new Pokemon for me to discover. The Pre-battle mugshots are also a good idea but I'd advice you use it only on important battles like Rival/Team Jazz/ Elite 4 battles. Running shoes in buildings is also something that I greatly support.

Conclusion:
Good luck on your hack! I'd definitely be playing when there is a release! And please take my criticisms into consideration. New hacks get those very often but that is what make that good hacks after the creators have learned!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Criticism: As DRG said, that Marnian house is being used a lot. With reference to the name, I don't see anything in the storyline that has to do with 'Illusion'. I was expecting something at least like Zoroark being controlled and making illusions so that people will leave a place and Team Jazz can take over it or something. And the indoors are quite plain. That's all ^~^

Praises:
The fact that you have said you are including 4th and 5th gen Pokemon is a big plus, because I personally like hacks that have new Pokemon for me to discover. The Pre-battle mugshots are also a good idea but I'd advice you use it only on important battles like Rival/Team Jazz/ Elite 4 battles. Running shoes in buildings is also something that I greatly support.

Conclusion:
Good luck on your hack! I'd definitely be playing when there is a release! And please take my criticisms into consideration. New hacks get those very often but that is what make that good hacks after the creators have learned!

Yes, with all of you saying about that house I might plan on changing it... xD

Also Zoroark is my mascot for the game and I don't want anyone to be spoiled. Zoroark is like a Legendary in the Game Team Jazz is planning to control Zoroark to make Illusions so they can capture the Legendaries for evil purposes. Plus I get the title because Zoroark is my favorite Pokemon... :)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
ikr, Zoroark and Lucario are like the 2 super duper pokemans ^^ I <3 both of them!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
So that's why DR will be delayed to the Christmas xD
Nah, I'm joking =D Good to see you're starting your own hack =)
Wish you the best of luck ;)

Haha, lol :D

Thanks, it's not really delayed it's really set for Christmas... :)

ikr, Zoroark and Lucario are like the 2 super duper pokemans ^^ I <3 both of them!

Yeah, Lucario will also be in the Game, I like him as well... :)

Years
What does, "Trainer Facing when battling (Just like in R/S/E)" mean?

I think its when a trainer tries to battle you and for example lets say you are facing north, but the trainer sees you from the east. In Fire red the hero will still be facing up even though he is still being talked to. However in R/S/E the hero will face the trainer, making it more realistic.

BTW this hacks looks really interesting, can't wait to play beta 1.

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
The hack looks quite nice :) the implementation of 4th and fifth gen Pokemon is very good, and that Blitzle looks very well done!

Only negative I would say is your outdoor tilesets.
They seem to merge too much, too much of the same greens. Look at my nature tiles for my hack, multiple shades of green :)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
What does, "Trainer Facing when battling (Just like in R/S/E)" mean?

It means in trainer battling the player faces the trainer before battle... :)

The hack looks quite nice :) the implementation of 4th and fifth gen Pokemon is very good, and that Blitzle looks very well done!

Only negative I would say is your outdoor tilesets.
They seem to merge too much, too much of the same greens. Look at my nature tiles for my hack, multiple shades of green :)

Thanks, and yes I think they're too green and quite dark but, I think it will do... :)

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Nice hack man, i like the idea of illusions and such..
Now your tiles are nice, dont worry about dale, the greens blend in nicely.
But look at the tree tips, see how the outline is light compared to the rest of the tree, the tip should be darker then the other outlines to give it that 3D look, i would advise you on changing the gym and wild grass just to.go nicely with your other new tiles. And your mapping needs much improvement, the screens in your first post are extremely bare? If you need some help in mapping give me a shout out :) good luck bro and i see your trying some of jpans engine features like the pre battle mugshots lol good luck and i hope to see more progress too.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I think you should name your region either the Naem region or the Canada, Eh? region.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Attention To All:

I am currently restarting the hack so expect new tiles (Includes Indoor Tiles), And Improved Mapping... :)

Don't worry restarting won't take too long after all the BETA is only until the 2nd Gym... :) Thanks for the feedback everyone... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back