• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
These starters look weird to be honest, but I do like Chespin's look. The Water-type was a big disappointment this time around, and I mainly pick Water which means I did feel a bit sad.

Finally, a Grass-type starter I want to do an actual playthrough with!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I have to say Chespin is my favorite! I don't ever, ever like Grass Starters! I've never picked a Grass Starter first.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm getting the feeling 90% of people will be using Fennekin too then lmao. I just have to ask, Froakie? Seriously? It's not just me thinking that sounds ridiculous right? xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Froggie and Soak.

I always use Water Starters exclusively for my first round so I'm definately using Froakie. XD

chen12

Game On!
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Yep so true

I know Froakie seems a little too "okay, we know its a frog, can't you be a little more innovative than that?" But looking for more information...

I'm getting the feeling 90% of people will be using Fennekin too then lmao. I just have to ask, Froakie? Seriously? It's not just me thinking that sounds ridiculous right? xD

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
They look pretty darn cute to me o.o
Not as original as I'd liked, but I mean by Generation 6, who can blame them, eh? I mean, I cannot wait to see their evolutionary lines O:
Just please make them big and bad like the Generation 1 starters. Regardless, pretty nice if you ask me D;

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
The frog looks pretty cool but I think that's only because one of the earlier sprites I made was a water frog starter Pokemon haha. :3

The fox looks pretty adorable too I must add. :3 I prefer these starters a lot more when compared to those of Black and White. I don't really care for the grass starter again sadly. :x It's just not really doing much for me.

At the moment, my favourite is probably the frog just for nostalgia. :3 Now to actually learn the names. xD

Years
I'm loving this initial look of Chespin! Fennekin seems like a similar sort of Vulpix, maybe part Psychic based on the little fight vs Kirlia in the video. Froakie... a frog that croaks? Maybe it's like Garbodor/Vanilluxe in being designed by the Americans haha

So for the first time ever, I will be playing my initial run through with the grass type starter!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Do you guys think the battle animations they showed with the video may be a hint at the final typings of the Pokémon? If so then I'm expecting Fennekin as Fire/Psychic and Froakie as Water/Fighting based on the moves those two used, but I have no idea what Chespin's second move was - it looked possibly Dark or Ghost? I think a Grass/Ghost Pokémon would be really interesting tbh, I'm hoping that's it!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I like these better than Gen 5's starters tbh. Fennekin is definitely the best one and Chespin is pretty cute too, though I'm not too happy with Froakie looks a little weird.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I can totally see the fox going Psychic. Though we thought Tepig was going to be a dark type and look where that ended up. I just realized another fox based pokemon that isn't an Eeveelution! I love foxes.
Though I also like the grass starter. Hmm since I went for Fire in Gen III, Water in IV, Grass in V, I'll go Fire in VI!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want to say they're all VERY CUTE :3 I like the fire one the most I think! I think they're just really nice designs and ones that you aren't like "OH EW" to immediately (it was just the graphics that threw me off initially). But I think they're ones that you can easily get used to, as opposed to well, gen 5's mons initially.

Years
My only issue with the cute fox is that it throws off the Zodiac based Fire types even more so than the Cyndaquil line. Well foxes are related to Wolves who are related to Dogs...if this is their version of a Dog I love it! (Year of the Dog here).

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Fennekin looks amazing! These starters are brilliant! Way better than black and whites IMO.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Fire types forever, only other firefox I can think of is Vulpix/Ninetails

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Starters look like their Final Evolutions could be a double triangle.

Chespin uses Solar Beam, then...Night Slash?
Fennekin uses Flamethrower, then... Psybeam?
Froakie uses Water Gun, then... Close Combat?

Grass/Dark
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting

Discuss?

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
Oh. My. God. That Fennekin is SO CUTE!!!!! I LOVE IT! THANK POKÉMON IT'S A FIRE TYPE! :chu:

Years
Since the region is based in france perhaps the frog starter will look stereotypically french with a mustache and everything...
I like the trio's typing if they do turn out to be Fire/Psychic (sorry Vic you aren't special anymore, there's a new cute Fire/psychic pokemon in town), Water/ Fighting, and Grass/Dark. Though I sort of feel for the grass starter as Grass/Dark is a pretty lame combo when it comes to weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back