• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New "Evil" Teams?

crnage

sexy symbiote
Years
In the past, Pokémon teams have been... Well, mediocre. I want to create a roleplay centered around Kalos and another Team, besdies Team Flare. I want this Team to be a bit different, but I can't go into details without revealing the whole plot and everything. Basically, I want them to act really bad and be general thugs, to the general eye.

I'm thinking... Team Venom/Widow/Nettle... Anything having to do with poison and the sort. Ideas for their outfits are: simple white and black color scheme with ripped jeans (something you could get on a cheap budget) or something more complicated, like military inspired trenchcoats and outfits. The team'd be built upon a Poison/Dark/Ghost/Bug types, but the Team doesn't limit their trainers to certain Pokémon. Three new Grunts will be recruited, choosing from starters of: Skorupi, Stunky, and Venipede.

There'll also be three new up and coming trainers that Professor Sycamore gave Eevees too, in hopes they'd be a great success.

If you have any ideas, for my team or others, please share! I need some advice.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ooooh a roleplay! Looking forward to see it, I hope you're posting it in our Roleplay Corner ;)

I like your ideas but I'd say the main thing that divides a good evil team from a bad evil team is their cause! What are their goals? Their name should have something to do with their cause. Imo, Plasma and Rocket were better teams than Aqua/Magma/Galactic because they had causes you could believe. Rocket wants to earn money as cheaply as possibly and preferably with a lot of ranks and orders - they go the crime path. Plasma thought they were doing something good as an organisation but ended up being a cover for something more sinister - that was pretty cool! Aqua/Magma's goals don't really... make sense... for smart people. Galactic was downright too big for my taste. It didn't make much sense that their leader wanted to destroy the world/create a new world and their grunts were pretty much drones etc.

So think up a good cause and goal for your "evil" team first!

Also if you want feedback on how to go about organizing or presenting the team in the actual roleplay, you can visit the planning thread in the Roleplay Corner~

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
My immediate thought for a team name is 'Team Grunge.' It doesn't relate to poison explicitly but the associations are there. It also describes a look making it somewhat of a counterpart to 'flair.'

My second thought is 'Team Corrosion' because of how it relates to wearing something down and breaking it. But from a realistic stand point it doesn't seem like a name a team would give its self.
Rocket, magma, aqua, galactic, plasma, and flare don't carry negative connotations. 'Corrosion' does, but 'Grunge' doesn't since it doubles as a genre and movement of sorts.

Maybe if you went with Team Grunge their cause could be related to music in some way to contrast with Flare's goals surrounding physical beauty.

crnage

sexy symbiote
Years
My immediate thought for a team name is 'Team Grunge.' It doesn't relate to poison explicitly but the associations are there. It also describes a look making it somewhat of a counterpart to 'flair.'

My second thought is 'Team Corrosion' because of how it relates to wearing something down and breaking it. But from a realistic stand point it doesn't seem like a name a team would give its self.
Rocket, magma, aqua, galactic, plasma, and flare don't carry negative connotations. 'Corrosion' does, but 'Grunge' doesn't since it doubles as a genre and movement of sorts.

Maybe if you went with Team Grunge their cause could be related to music in some way to contrast with Flare's goals surrounding physical beauty.

I really really like the idea of a Team named Grunge, because I wanted them to have that sort of street look, but I'm really not that all creative unless someone give me a prompt. With your permission, may I use that idea?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I really really like the idea of a Team named Grunge, because I wanted them to have that sort of street look, but I'm really not that all creative unless someone give me a prompt. With your permission, may I use that idea?

Yeah go for it.
Link me to your RP when it starts. I don't RP but it's fun to read through them.

Back