The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:21 AM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to gatarda
That "demaked" musis is just fake. These are ripped MIDI's, with a GXSCC-like soundfont. They have also too many layers for 8-bit. They can't at least be inserted in the game. I think you have to use FroggestSpirit's tool, GSC -> MIDI, if you ever want proper music in the game.
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatarda View Post
That "demaked" musis is just fake. These are ripped MIDI's, with a GXSCC-like soundfont. They have also too many layers for 8-bit. They can't at least be inserted in the game. I think you have to use FroggestSpirit's tool, GSC -> MIDI, if you ever want proper music in the game.
Hi there. I'm the sound guy.
The songs you've just listened to, were the old ones, we used a GBfont in FL Studio.
I disagreed with it since it sounds terrible. But there is actually enough layers for 8bit, I only used 4 layers, which is indeed the correct amount. But in future terms were hacking Fire Red, and using the GSC Instruments in there.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old July 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatarda View Post
Also, this isn't a hack. There is no "insertion" to begin with. I could use full out orchestrated mp3 if I wanted to. However it would blow up the game's size.

I have recently acquired correct instruments for GSC and that will be used.

Old January 17th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Hello. Varion and I are starting this back up. We are looking for a scripter to help us add features and to rewrite the battle system to work like a GSC one. Contact me via PM if you're interested.

Old January 17th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Spoiler:

Small WIP of Littleroot Town. will probably have to change the small houses to a two story sooner or later.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old March 16th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Dedenne1
"Fact is, I'm a genius!"

Nature: Brave
Good job so far I hope this gets completed one day downloading now
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:00 PM
FlexxGaming
Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer

I love the fact that you actually made a demake of Emerald! Hoenn is my favorite region and Emerald was my first pokemon game so I'm anxious to play it once it is available for downloading.

[CENTER]
Old May 6th, 2014, 04:44 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Wow, how'd I miss this? Love me some retro goodness.

How're you planning on having players multiple hoenn starters? and the kanto/johto ones/
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links