• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I was thinking that maybe Zel had planned to have a Legendary in Tohjo Falls :P I wasn't asking for one.

Also, I was wondering whether or not you (zel) had worked out if you could create a Wild Pokemon battle with Deoxys and Mew without using the old events. I know that if you use action replay or one of those hacking things and you put Mew/Deoxys in the wild and you catch them they do not obey you. I wasn't sure if this was the same when you make them catchable in the Wild using AMap. Otherwise you might have to keep the same events and just move them for Deoxys and Mew.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
I found the Rocket guy in the Cerulean Gym but I don't know what to do right now.
Can anyone help me?
Grtz

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
Wow 70 pages i was wondering how the kanto gym badges will look with them being filled already with johto badges or will they just switch like in the original and i hope the johto badges get changed to work in the proper order im sure if you cant switch slots you could just recolor the icons to their proper places just a suggestion.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Wow 70 pages i was wondering how the kanto gym badges will look with them being filled already with johto badges or will they just switch like in the original and i hope the johto badges get changed to work in the proper order im sure if you cant switch slots you could just recolor the icons to their proper places just a suggestion.

the order of the badges have to do with the order of when you get the hm's you can't change them

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Don't worry G.Boss, I'l take care of that...

Done! The Shiny Gold (Beta5) Pokedex has been uploaded and the link to the download site is at the first post, on the Tourist Center section with all the other guides for the game.

Well, thanks Zel. ^^
Now, everyone, enjoy the beta 5 Shiny Gold dex! ^^

Years
I was thinking that maybe Zel had planned to have a Legendary in Tohjo Falls :P I wasn't asking for one.

Also, I was wondering whether or not you (zel) had worked out if you could create a Wild Pokemon battle with Deoxys and Mew without using the old events. I know that if you use action replay or one of those hacking things and you put Mew/Deoxys in the wild and you catch them they do not obey you. I wasn't sure if this was the same when you make them catchable in the Wild using AMap. Otherwise you might have to keep the same events and just move them for Deoxys and Mew.

There could be two reasons for this and its probably that the trainer just doesn't have enough badges, when they are sharked. They probably get sharked to a high level and people would do it on a save file they don't mind losing if something goes wrong.

Once you are in the battle, It is the same as an Event, except for the music, so they should obey you.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Beta 5 v.2 just came out! I have a question- can I continue my game? I got 7 badges and killing the Radio Tower, or do I have to restart?

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
A new beta?

TheX, where did you get that from there doesn't seem to be any ajustment in the main post.

Zowayix

hi
Years
There could be two reasons for this and its probably that the trainer just doesn't have enough badges, when they are sharked. They probably get sharked to a high level and people would do it on a save file they don't mind losing if something goes wrong.

Once you are in the battle, It is the same as an Event, except for the music, so they should obey you.

actually in FRLGE(DP?) there is a special flag in the data that prevents mew and deoxys from obeying EVER unless obtained thru an event.
This is regardless of badges.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
maybe a remake of yellow version would be appealing to a lot of people. The Pikachu following u around, the chance to get all three starters, i believe that would and should be your next "project" after shinygold, (with all due respect to your time, lol)
Keep up the good work!

Neh... I want to make something more original for my next project (in fact, there are some ideas on the table right now about what I'll be doing after SG), we already have FR and LG as remakes of the oldies, I dont think making Yellow would be needed.

I found the Rocket guy in the Cerulean Gym but I don't know what to do right now.
Can anyone help me?
Grtz

You need to find the machine part at the Gym (check at the Scrapbox because a screenshot about its location was posted), then go back to the Power Plant to receive a prize. Additionally, you can find Misty at the cape by now.

The game's not prepared to show more than 8 badges, so only the Johto badges will be shown (not like it's a problem, as in the original it was that way also)
About the order of the badges, they need to remain like that because their position on the T.Card and HM that they handle is everything connected.

There are certain Pokemon not in the game.
Do you plan on adding the rest?

Obviously, but now that you mention it... Checking the list I found there aren't as many missing Pokemon as I thought... Weird... XP
(Mainly legendaries, which you already know I'm not implementing till the final version)

Beta 5 v.2 just came out! I have a question- can I continue my game? I got 7 badges and killing the Radio Tower, or do I have to restart?

This question is in my FAQs, to keep it short, you can, but sometimes it'll bring you problems with events, so it's not recommended.

Still at Viridian, working with another Ard event, thinking if I'm gonna research a bit to see if something cooler could be done on the Trainer House (if not, it'll be as in the original, with our friend Cal), and then I want to change the tiles at the Gym to make it look with those silly Lego-like blocks :P (I dont need to script there yet, as Green's not present at the Gym till you go to Cinnabar)

Years
Hi. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I put my vba on and play sg, it only goes at half the speed. It only does it for that game and no other (the rest run at 100%)

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
Still at Viridian, working with another Ard event, thinking if I'm gonna research a bit to see if something cooler could be done on the Trainer House (if not, it'll be as in the original, with our friend Cal), and then I want to change the tiles at the Gym to make it look with those silly Lego-like blocks :P (I dont need to script there yet, as Green's not present at the Gym till you go to Cinnabar)

heys ever thought of using the trainer tower scripts for the virdian house? Since you threw the tower away on a lone island, might as well make use of it

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2008
All right, this is probably the best hack i've ever seen around here. And that means a lot, because there are quite a few awesome hacks around.
Anyway, I want to make a question, Zel, you're an awesome hacker, so, I assume you can answer that: Why aren't the battles harder?
I mean, the Elite4 is extremelly easy, most of the times at least. I've beaten it in the X version with only 4 different pokemons, and they didn't even covered all the disadvantages and all that. So, why don't we see trainers using strategies? Is pretty stupid the fact that Koga is a member of the Elite 4, a.k.a. the best trainers of the whole continent using crappy teams that can be sweeped by only one Alakazam. It's annoying actually...
Is it that hard to put some trainers with Baton Passers, SkarmBlissers and all that? Or at least trainers that can switch the pokemons correctly? Is stupid to fight an grass pokemon with an water one, but that happens all the time. People fighting with Magikarps... And well...

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Great new events, Zel!:D I was suprised with GS-Ball script!
I'm still thinkin' about how can I catch Jirachi, but don't tell me B)
I suggest, You should regulate new added music, because i'ts to noisy, especialy in Goldenrod:/ BTW this music sounds great (almost:] ). Is it the option to extract GS music from R/S, and add it to SG? That would be great too:)
The TEAM ROCKET should be have the same intro-music as orginal and the others too, i think.

I was found a few bugs when I played...
1) In this structure of rocks I couldn't reach gym battle with Clair

img85.imageshack.us/img85/5153/pokemonfireredgd4.png
img177.imageshack.us/img177/7559/pokemonfirered2yl7.png

2) I can see the reflection under this rock

img177.imageshack.us/img177/9241/pokemonfirered3dq7.png

3) I can jump on this pokeball

img177.imageshack.us/img177/6223/pokemonfirered4qp5.png

4) There is two bugs... Itemfinder detects something unreachable upside, and when i use SWEET SCENT, i have a battle with MissingNo

img177.imageshack.us/img177/9119/pokemonfirered5bny9.png

5) I can't do next step to forward here

img511.imageshack.us/img511/9568/pokemonfirered6hw1.png

6) I can't leave trick house in this configuration, if i wasn't find a secret code firstly

img511.imageshack.us/img511/1519/pokemonfirered7dc1.png

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I was found a few bugs when I played...
1) In this structure of rocks I couldn't reach gym battle with Clair

pokemonfireredgd4.png

pokemonfirered2yl7.png

Try throwing the rock through the other hole X_X

2) I can see the reflection under this rock

pokemonfirered3dq7.png

Tile fixes will be left for the last beta.

3) I can jump on this pokeball

pokemonfirered4qp5.png

>_> Ups.

4) There is two bugs... Itemfinder detects something unreachable upside, and when i use SWEET SCENT, i have a battle with MissingNo

pokemonfirered5bny9.png

There is an item script somewhere above, and there is no pokémon planned for that map, so if you want to trigger a battle... missingno appears. Why? Because this room will be used for a legendary event later. So he will take care of it then.

5) I can't do next step to forward here

pokemonfirered6hw1.png

Ups.

6) I can't leave trick house in this configuration, if i wasn't find a secret code firstly

pokemonfirered7dc1.png

Eh... There is a way to get it. Just leave the room through the door you used to enter it and enter again to have another try.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
NomadSPG:
1) You're just not putting the boulder in the right hole.
2) Yes, there are some wrong reflecting tiles.
3) Guess this is a real bug or something. xD
4) Probably Zel didn't remove the hidden items in this room while editing. And the MissingNo. stuff will happen only with sweet scent, otherwise this room will be only empty. Guess Zel has plans for it.
5) Probably is a hidden item, have you tried pressing the 'A' button?
Ok, I checked, it is a movement permission error.
6) I had no problems in passing this trick house challenge, keep trying. ^^

Guess I was late. xD

Last edited:
Back