• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
ok .. i got Latios on the Route how about Unknown ?

Unown is found at Sky Pillar.

Lol its just that i like more advanced hacks that look professional :P
I was just telling my opinion and it was aimed at the creator of this mod :D

It would indeed be nice to have some kind of event for the added legend and starter events, but this hack is pretty much done....I think O_o

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys! Really amazing thread here, and congratulations to Suicune for such an amazing hack. But I have a doubt. Can I play this on vba, or gpsp? Because I can only see a file .isp and I really don't know how to make it work(I'm new here though ;P lool). It would be amazing if I can play this on my PSP. ^.^
You need to patch it...
Oh man... seriously... FAQ is only one post above yours in my signature :/

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
hmm...
Pokemon resolute and victory fire versions are emerald hacks, and already had p/s splits.

It could be a little distort of movepools, but I think with that implemented this will be the most perfect hack ever! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
You need to patch it...
Oh man... seriously... FAQ is only one post above yours in my signature :/

Seriously man...?! Lol how didn't I see that! -.-' thanks Ash493. Btw I've been playing this, and so far looks good! ^.^ but I wonder why hasn't the author added the budging pkmn animation feature on the patch?! :? Looks like more Ruby/Saphire to me than Emerald. Lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
I dont know if Suicune is still on here but great job man. This mod is beyond amazing with the increased difficulty, 376 Pokemon (i think), and random starters that you can find. I really enjoy this hack but the only gripe i have is the lack of revives at the beginning of the game. I just got surf and finished talking to Steven so i don't know if they have revives at the flying gym town. Other then that, thank you Suicune for the mod.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It could be a little distort of movepools, but I think with that implemented this will be the most perfect hack ever! :)
I still believe this should stay as Emerald mod. And since Emerald did not have P/S split, this also shouldn't have.
But you surprised me with P/S split on Emerald hacks... Gotta look at it o.O

I dont know if Suicune is still on here but great job man. This mod is beyond amazing with the increased difficulty, 376 Pokemon (i think), and random starters that you can find. I really enjoy this hack but the only gripe i have is the lack of revives at the beginning of the game. I just got surf and finished talking to Steven so i don't know if they have revives at the flying gym town. Other then that, thank you Suicune for the mod.
386 =)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
Ahhh... Can someone help me with this? :? Everytime I patch my Emerald rom and I start playing it on vba, the pkmn textures that appear seems to be the ones from r/s, and they don't budge as on Emerald, which is kinda frustrating, and they are less colored. Does anybody else seem to have this problem, or it's just me? Lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
You sure you have an emerald rom lol?

Lol.... i'm starting to wonder the same man. xD Yes, everytime i open it on vba, the original ROM, i go until the part when Pfs. releases the pkmn, and on the original the colors and the textures are different. And when i play the patch i don't know why, but i seem to get just the r/or s ones. I have even played the intro so many times, just to see if they budge or whatever terms it is, on battle, but yeah i can clearly see the difference. Even have tried changed the settings Emulator>Save type>128 Ko, but stills the same. :( WTH is wrong with this thing?! By the way, do you know any other emulator man?

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Started a nuzlocke of this game. i must say I love the difficulty and how even normal trainer battles require some degree of strategy. I am currently preparing to move onto Fallarbor Town with a team as follows:

Lvl. 35 Marshtomp - Adam
Lvl. 35 Noctowl - Robanny
Lvl. 35 Ledian - Evelon
Lvl. 35 Eevee - Evan
Lvl. 35 Minun - Rin
Lvl. 22 Exeggcute - Ichigo

Currently training Ichigo to be level 35 and then proceeding to Fallarbor. Btw, have I passed any moon stones on the way to Mauville. I read there was one in Slateport but I don't know where... I want to evolve my Eevee into Umbreon -.-

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Finally back after 2 years of being MIA!
I'm gonna play this amazing game again and see if it's even more amazing this time! Still remember the horror of fighting Norman... double Blissey wtf.

Finally back after 2 years of being MIA!
Playing this amazing game again and see if it's still amazing than ever! The horror of facing Norman... double Blissey wtf...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 23, 2013
Hi Suicune. I love Expert Emerald, it's actually the only reason I got onto these forums. I'm having a big problem though. When I entered Pacifidlog Town I got trapped. The first thing that happen was the fisherman on the float to my left became my avatar and I could only move him. So I reloaded. When I reloaded I entered the pokemon center and re exited and he didn't take over my avatar again. But this time I couldn't enter any of the houses or it would freeze. So I downloaded the patch 1.36 and patched it. If I do anything wrong those two problems will still occur sometimes, and if I avoid it by going to the pokemon center first, then the bottom right house second it avoids those two problems but I can't go north from the pokemon center or it will freeze. I'm running MacBoy Advance and I believe I have the latest download but I could be wrong. I know less about hacks and mods than probably anybody here. Everything else was fine except I can't use the pc where the guy in emerald originally gives you the national dex because he freezes the game. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
I don't want to seem ungrateful or a noob or anything but would it be possible to get the game with the old pokemon sprites? (with the exception of roserade) I'm not really a big fan of the newer sprites...

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I don't want to seem ungrateful or a noob or anything but would it be possible to get the game with the old pokemon sprites? (with the exception of roserade) I'm not really a big fan of the newer sprites...
O_O YES, THANK YOU!!! I wanted to add in my own sprites into the game. The sprites that are in it now are like moving statues.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
O_O YES, THANK YOU!!! I wanted to add in my own sprites into the game. The sprites that are in it now are like moving statues.

I agree with the statues thing but I just want the old sprites. They just don't fit and I liked the animations of gen 3 x-x...

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
ummmmm i was wondering did you guys add evs and ivs to the gym leaders, elite four, and champions pokemon. If you did how? if not how come the pokemon are so strong. please explain me and friends are trying to make a hack and we hit this stumbling block.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
ummmmm i was wondering did you guys add evs and ivs to the gym leaders, elite four, and champions pokemon. If you did how? if not how come the pokemon are so strong. please explain me and friends are trying to make a hack and we hit this stumbling block.

quite a few of the pokemon in the game got buffs. some minor and some serious, the microsoft word documents in the zip file show the pokemon that for buffs (and possibly nerfs).

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2014
I've made it to Flannery, she kicks my ass once Rapidash gets out, my team is Nidoking 45 Feraligtr 45 and Mawile 40

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
I've made it to Flannery, she kicks my ass once Rapidash gets out, my team is Nidoking 45 Feraligtr 45 and Mawile 40

The game gets harder here since all the gyms are double battles. I dunno if I played the most recent version, but I remember Flannery starts with Arcanine and Houndoom, both having Intimidate. So start with pokemon who are either special attackers, or maybe some other pokemon that will die quickly so your physical attacking pokemon can come in.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Excellent. All the changes to make the game more challenging so far seem very well balanced. 40hrs in, Ive taken my sweet time (only 2 gym badges) and the battles so far have been hard enough, just so, that they keep each encounter interesting.

I was also wondering, is onix supposed to be fairly rare to encounter in granite cave? Ive just been in there searching all the levels (if there is only one entrance, I cant recall) and after hundreds of encounters waiting to see one, no dice. I think ive seen every other pokemon listed to be in there too.

Thanks for making this. Truely made it fun to play emerald all over again.

Back