• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
It's already set to Auto.

Also, I have a Platinum rom, but until I remove the firmware files it's really slow.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Have you got the following in your config ini file?

GBA Mode == VGA (poppy bright)
NDS Mode == Nintendo DS (normal 4MB)
Emulation Speed, LCD Refresh == Unlimited MHz Disaster, 50%
Reset/Startup Entrypoint == GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo)
Topmost Display Lines == -Display Normal
Sound Output Mode == Digital Mono (fast)
Sound Desired Sample Rate == -High (44kHz) (best)
Video Output == 24bit True Color
Emulate BIOS Functions == By real GBA.ROM (accurate)
Solar Sensor Level == Darkness
GBA Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
NDS-Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
Multiboot Port == -None/Disabled
Multiboot Completion == -Auto-close Upload Box
Multiboot Normal/BurstDelays == -Fast/Fast (best)
Game Screen Filter == None (fast)
Decompressed Help File == Delete after Usage
Create Game Window at == Upper/right of Debug Window
Game Screen Sizing == Strict
IIgame_size == normal
Number of Emulated Gameboys == -Single Machine
Link Gamepaks == -Gamepaks in all GBAs
Link Cable Type == None
Performance Indicator == -Show Timing only if <>100%
Autosave Options == -Nope
Load ROM-Images to == -All machines

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
is there a working Black Screen code for English HG that will work on R4ds (not R4i)? I would rather not play the english patch, as it's not fully enjoyable when dialouge is in Japanese. However, if such an AR Black screen code doesn't exist i'll just go with the english patch.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
Hey, I currently play soul silver on no$gba 2.6 and just until yesterday the game started to become slow and choppy, but when I'm in a battle or looking at my pokemon or in my bag, it runs smoothly at 100%. Why is it only choppy when I'm walking around and why did this happen all of a sudden and how do I fix it?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Ok guys I think I have finally found a way to run HG/SS on R4 smoothly.

Most people may know this, but, there is a new update to the unofficial firmware called Wood R4. Their new firmware was released quite recently, I think in June or so. Whilst the official R4 website's newest update (1.18) was released in 2008.

http://filetrip.net/f12065-Wood-R4-1-10.html

This is the link for Wood R4 an UNOFFICIAL firmware release.

I have just started playing HG/SS using this firmware and it's been working perfectly, so please give it a try and reply here with feedback.

On a side note, Sega All Star Racers (2010) never even worked on the official firmware update but works perfectly on Wood R4, so it's a good sign.

Hope this helped a bit. :)
Will this "wood R4" still allow me to play all my other games as well as 1.18?

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Hey, I currently play soul silver on no$gba 2.6 and just until yesterday the game started to become slow and choppy, but when I'm in a battle or looking at my pokemon or in my bag, it runs smoothly at 100%. Why is it only choppy when I'm walking around and why did this happen all of a sudden and how do I fix it?
Overworld is always slower. It's normal.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
OK, I found a patched rom and have experienced no problems so far. I'll be sure to come back if I experience any probs
btw it works on my R4 software version 1.18

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2010
Whats up fellas?
I got DeSmuME 0.9.4
and also got a patched version of english heart gold
It works well but I ran into a few errors
I've gotten froze twice.
One were I defeated bell sprout tower. I went outside and could only go to the end of the bridge, then everything was black. I tried going back in the tower but the game froze at the door. Next I just beat the 1st gym leader, then got the egg at the pokemart.
When I left the pokemart it just froze my character but the sign was still moving.
Any help on this? Or any other roms that work fully?
Let me know, and thank you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
When I open the game it tells me that something about saving could not be accessed and to turn off the DS and remove the cartridge. I've tried resetting, reloading the cartridge, but so far nothing has worked. I've tried changing it to the "Nintendo Logo" setting and resetting, but that just tells me that Rom Image has Crashed.

EDIT: I'm using No$GBA 2.6, by the way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2011
Help! AFter I beat Morty, the 4th gym leader, i can't open my saved file! It says "Rom image crashed" or something like that! HELP!

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
As I realize that this question is asked a number of times,but i've looked around and found barely any results. I just would like to know if there's a prepatched rom for heartgold that will run on no$gba with no problems. by teh looks of it so far no luck at all...:/ I don't necessarily want to have it USA version, but I'd like to be able to read things in english

I actually tried to play using desume a number of times but that usually crashes on me so I play only the no$gba...not to mention neither of the two seem to be updated anymore anyways.

Years
HEy people im new to dis site but i want some help .... im playin heart gold with no$gba 2.6a and evrything was alright but when i came to sudovoodo ( wich we have to battle using squirt bottle), when i tried to use the squirt bottle through bag.. the use option is lost
.. Plz HELP

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Can anyone help me? I played No$ HG, and got the black screen after Oak thing, so I switched to DeSMUME 0.9.4. Now, after Oak's done talking, it goes to a blank top screen and the lower screen shows the menu without any options and "A-Touch". If I hit A, it says Error found in slot 5 or something like that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Got one, thanks. And I suggest putting the code in the first post so newbies (like me) will get it quicker.

EDIT: Um, how to speed up no$?

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
It should run fine on a computer with good speed (unlike mine). You can also boost the speed by going into emulation settings, and do the speed with a *2 in it.
As for putting the code up, that's not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back