• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gag15

POkemon Master
Years
Ok, where can I download the newest version of Visual Boy Advance, and where can I find good tutorials for Advance Map, because the ones on this forum are way to hard for me to understand. Oh, and with Visual boy Advance, can I play through the game until the end and save my game and all that, just like I was playing it on a game boy advance? Thanks!

Google or yahoo for VBA! It isnt that hard to figure it out im still learning and well it is almost common since cause I learned all the stuff first hand with out tuts>
Yes you can play the whole game just as if you are using a real GBA!
Well hope this can help

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Ok, and where can I download UnLZ GBA at? I searched google for it, but the sites I came to didn't look like they were what I wanted.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Ok, i downloaded VBA, and it worked fine. Now, can someone tell me what I would need and how to change the player's sprites? Also, what would I need to change the level of my pokemon? How can I delete the people in my game? The one I want to delete is the one in LittleRoot who will not let you leave the town until you have a pokemon. Thanks, and sorry for all of the questions!

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
Unlz .gba, RS Ball and PokePic will help change player sprites (The big ones) and Overworld Editor and Spread will change the mini overworlds.
Most of these programs come included with EliteMap.

By level of Pokemon, what do you mean? (Like level of enemies, wild or starter Pokemon). AdvanceMap to change Wild Pokemon, Pet to change trainer's Pokemon and a Hex Editor to do all 3.

You can delete people with AdvanceMap (Under the events toolbar).

Also, before you post more questions, maybe you should search through this thread to see if they have already been answered.

Twila27

Beginning Spriter/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
I searched and couldn't find an answer so here's my problem:
I'm edit a level of Pokemon Sapphire in Elitemap, then I save the level, and close Elitemap.
Then, when I open up the level I edited, the tiles are completely different and 50-75% of the map is messed up! This has happened to both the Mauville City and Rustboro City edits I've tried to make.
Is there any way to stop this from happening?

P.S. I can post links to before-and-after pictures if needed.

Last edited:

Twila27

Beginning Spriter/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
Try to use advance map its better tehn elitemap

Advance Map won't open the ROMs I have, it just freezes up.
I've tried redownloading Advance Map as well as the ROMs, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
Advance Map won't open the ROMs I have, it just freezes up.
I've tried redownloading Advance Map as well as the ROMs, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Yeah happens to me a lot too. Be patient when it loads cuz it takes a little while. It seems like it freezes and not responds but in reality it just takes long to load.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
If I wanted to start from scratch in making my game in advance map how do I get rid of Oak taking me to the lab?

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
I'm trying to access Cyclone but when I open it, it tells me that "Component FM20.DLL or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" how do I get this program to work?

Twila27

Beginning Spriter/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
Oh, wow, I'm so silly to not think of that.
Thanks a bunch, Hi-Tech! ^.^

Ultima Super

Noob Hacker o.O
Years
im hacking emerald but if you remove oak taking you to the lab and dont remove the proper scripts then you will end up walking somewhere with no one there

okay
now remove the people and scripts by the grass by making them the highest events/scripts/people/etc. them delete them by click on the events and moving them down by the number of people and scripts the number there are

you search the coponent on google then download it

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2008
I'm a complete hacking noob.

I need to know how to replace the background on the firered startup screen. Can anyone Help me?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
What is the best, in your opinion, program to edit the scripts of a ROM for a noob? Thanks!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
No matter how many times I try.., I can't change the title screen of my Ruby hack. I don't know how... I guess...

I just want to change the VERSION word in the title screen "RUBY VERSION" to "RUBY DESTINY"...

Can anyone help me..?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
if I wanted to make my own hack off of Sapphire, would it be easier to just edit the existing maps, or to create new maps? Thanks.

EDIT: How would I make a warp for the area in Route 101(Pokemon Sapphire) that takes you into Oldale Town?

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Desperate ---- ....

OK, um so does anyone here have:

1.Pokemon Obsidian by Kyoufu Kawa(the old version)-somehow I need it, so please help!!!
2.A complete list of Rubikon Commands
3.Some pointers for Fanfare

If any of you guys give me a link to any of these I'll be glad!

Thanks in Advance!!

Can anyone please help???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back