• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giving the Poké Mart limited stock

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Sorry to be asking about what I imagine is an easy fix, but would it be possible to have it so that certain vendors only have x1 of particular items? I want to implement a "Rare Items" vendor who sells things like Water Stones and rare items like the DeepSeaTooth, but I don't want the player to be able to buy more than one of them. I know this applies to key items such as the Poké Flute (which disappears from the menu once bought) but I'm not sure how to apply the "Important Item" tag to other items.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
When you say "vendors", do you mean Marts or other NPCs? Marts use a special screen for selling wares, whereas other NPC sellers just use eventing.

Marts do not support limited stock. For other NPC sellers, you can do eventing wizardry to give them limited stock.

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
When you say "vendors", do you mean Marts or other NPCs? Marts use a special screen for selling wares, whereas other NPC sellers just use eventing.

Marts do not support limited stock. For other NPC sellers, you can do eventing wizardry to give them limited stock.

I thought that might be the case. I would have preferred to use the Mart's interface, but eventing should be fine. Thanks.

Back