• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Lunaaaaaa! She's so quirky but so very adorebale <3 she's a favorite of mine
She's a bit weird, so she's exactly like me :3.

"There are these little things that climb into your ears and make your brain go fuzzy..." Yeah, no.

I think that Tom Felton is a perfect Draco Malfoy, by the way.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I didn't care about how they described the characters on the book, even if they didn't look much like it in the movies. I did know though the Rowling herself talked to Evanna Lynch and marked her as "perfect" for the role of Luna Lovegood. x3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
I didn't care about how they described the characters on the book, even if they didn't look much like it in the movies. I did know though the Rowling herself talked to Evanna Lynch and marked her as "perfect" for the role of Luna Lovegood. x3
Well, if the author says it, it's the truth.

I don't really care about the appearance of characters in movies as opposed to described in books in general, because I'm not very good at imagining character's appearances anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me :/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
My only real issue with the main cast is how they've grown up to be. Not to hate on them, but... Dan Radcliffe looks like a butch woman, Emma Watson is wayyy too perfect, and Neville (while rather sexy) did not grow up to be how I imagined Neville.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Well you can't stop humans to change. Nothing is permanent except change. Why does the description bother you too much though? I'd rather take a look at how good they act it, and they did quite a good job at that if you ask me.

And another topic I'd like to bring up, did you support any pairings of the characters? I personally was a Harry x Hermione fan right off the bat. I was saddened that they didn't end up together.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I never really shipped much. :( My friends ship stuff like WHOA and I mostly just followed along with that for fun.

But honestly I never shipped any of the main trio (Harry, Ron, Hermione) since I felt it kinda cheapened their relationship and... idk, I don't think Rowling was that good at actually writing relationships because they ALL felt so stale in the books. xD; Especially Harry/Ginny which came out of nowhere and never made any sense to me uugggh.

I was really disappointed that Harry actually settled down and had kids in the end though. D: He always seemed liek the type who wouldn't be able to sit still for long--always traveling, defeating evil, visiting people he's met from all over, etc. The idea of him just settling down is still foreign to me haha.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I MUST JOINNN!!!

What house are you in?: Gryffindor
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Vine, 10¾", dragon heartstring
We solemnly swear that we are up to... no good.

Hes apparently Head of the Auror office now though isn't he? So hes not just going to be sitting around doing nothing whilst his children are at hogwarts. :P

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
He is an Auror, so is Ron. But I wish they tell his adventures as being an auror. You know, a spin-off or something?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
TheSmartOne said:
Oh, Alan Rickman~ <3

I mean, they got Dan, Rupert, and Emma, who even normally look(ed) very much like their characters. Why not other people? :/

Dan Radcliffe looks like a butch woman, Emma Watson is wayyy too perfect, and Neville (while rather sexy) did not grow up to be how I imagined Neville.

Yes. 'Nuff said. XD

I like Tom Felton more now than I did before. He's such a nice guy.

He looks pretty sharp in other movies. Not a bad guy either, but I didn't like how he was getting all the love and Rupert Grint wasn't sharing that spotlight with him. I think he was really ignored in the middle of these films (prior to Movie 5).

Luna Lovegood was pretty unique. It was a pet peeve of mine to see her and Harry get together.
Spoiler:

Zeffy said:
I personally was a Harry x Hermione fan right off the bat. I was saddened that they didn't end up together.

Ah, really? :/ I suppose Harry and Ginny is okay (but I just find it too similar to James and Lily which is why I was not wholly supportive of this ship) Definitely was a Harry x Luna fan.

He is an Auror, so is Ron. But I wish they tell his adventures as being an auror. You know, a spin-off or something?

Isn't the the life of an Auror like being a government law enforcement agent in the real world? Nothing much to do there other than tracking down fugitives.

Lightning said:
idk, I don't think Rowling was that good at actually writing relationships because they ALL felt so stale in the books. xD; Especially Harry/Ginny which came out of nowhere and never made any sense to me uugggh.

I was really disappointed that Harry actually settled down and had kids in the end though. D: He always seemed liek the type who wouldn't be able to sit still for long--always traveling, defeating evil, visiting people he's met from all over, etc. The idea of him just settling down is still foreign to me haha.

Aah…may have to disagree with you there. There were definitely a lot of hints you could call real solid canon (unlike canon you hear or see from the Pokemon anime). She was very careful in her choice of words, and the smarter readers picked up on that.

Well if you do think about it Harry wanted this peaceful life. It's been said over and over that he wanted to pursue it, be happy with people, enjoy, have a laugh. He was sick and tired of fighting, losing people, friends, and family whom he loved. Not exactly the sort of hero everyone expected him to be. Just a normal kid, that's what he wanted. An average kid with a um…scar on his forehead. That changed his life. Literally.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
I don't think being an Auror would be very interesting in such a peaceful time. :<
Actually, I believe that a quote from the books says that evil is like a Hydra, once you cut off one head, more than one grows back, so this might actually be a hint to something that will happen later if there is another book, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Its not always that peaceful, is it? There will always be a time that something exciting would happen. ;;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Aah…may have to disagree with you there. There were definitely a lot of hints you could call real solid canon (unlike canon you hear or see from the Pokemon anime). She was very careful in her choice of words, and the smarter readers picked up on that.

Well if you do think about it Harry wanted this peaceful life. It's been said over and over that he wanted to pursue it, be happy with people, enjoy, have a laugh. He was sick and tired of fighting, losing people, friends, and family whom he loved. Not exactly the sort of hero everyone expected him to be. Just a normal kid, that's what he wanted. An average kid with a um…scar on his forehead. That changed his life. Literally.
It's been a while since I read them but I don't remember many relationships described (either blooming, well-established, or behind-the-scenes) that I really... felt anything from, if that makes sense. :(

As for Harry, I know he wanted a peaceful life but heroes in fiction never seem to settle down after their journeys. Especially near the end after spending so much time just hopping from place to place for the sake of staying hidden... I think that would really take a toll on someone mentally/emotionally and I imagine that kind of habit would stick for a while. But I tend to read too far (mentally) into characters sometimes. xD;

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
As for Harry, I know he wanted a peaceful life but heroes in fiction never seem to settle down after their journeys.

Is this the norm? Does every fiction follow this? What if JKR wanted it differently?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Oooh, we're becoming quite big right now. Anyways, we never know what Rowling has in mind unless we can use Legillimency so we don't really know what she wants to do.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Heh, I was hoping when other fellow Gryffindors show up---when I first saw this thread I was like, no this can't be true, more Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs? :P

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Heh, I was hoping when other fellow Gryffindors show up---when I first saw this thread I was like, no this can't be true, more Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs? :P
Gryffindor gets the glory most of the time. What about Ravenclaw? ;A;
And other houses for that matter. xD

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): [insert wand here]
We solemnly swear that we are up to...: NO GOOD.

I'd like to join, please! xD;

Back