• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC likes you.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I sometimes run into a post I find really funny and wish there was a like button. And now there is! It is going to be helpful for when you want people to know that this post made you laugh(or something).

PS: Change the title of this thread please. This one is kind of creepy :cross-eye

You could also have used [
reputation.gif
] the post comment function of posts in the top right corner to make a comment too (if you wanna make a witty comment rather than just liking it in the future :3)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hi Audy a few things :3 Idk if this is something you can fix, but on the Stunfisk'd style the like button has moved the post comment button, I think this is only for mods though because there's an infract button.

psTZM.png

Also, if we're gonna have it so the people who liked it are only visible to the author, is there any way we can get rid of the linked part on other peoples' posts, or possibly on everyone's? Idk it seems a little weird but you can leave it, just a little suggestion XD;

Years
Regarding the issue of anonymity, perhaps the count of likes could increase, but in the list of users it just says at the end "and 4 anonymous users" or something like that?

Of course, anonymity kind of defeats the purpose of a feature introduced on a social networking site, but yeah, I think it would be a nice feature to add. It could even be toggle-able in the User CP, similar to Appear Invisible, and that would automatically make your likes appear anonymous.

Just my two pence.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014

You could also have used [
reputation.gif
] the post comment function of posts in the top right corner to make a comment too (if you wanna make a witty comment rather than just liking it in the future :3)

Yeah, I never learned how to use post comments... :nervous:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Still not showing up for me. I'm currently using the Snivy's Holiday style... seems like this is the second time I've noticed an issue with it.

Should I switch to something else? lol

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Oh man, doesn't show up in Pichu2 theme, looks like I'm going to make some big-time lifestyle changes. Cool feature, though, thanks for this (y)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I don't see any urgent need for a system just like this, but I could imagine it has it's benefits for some people.

I'm kind of disappointed that the Furret sprite was removed, though. It looked more original to me than the one that's being used now.

LogieLikeButton.png

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I actually decided to put the Furret back. I just wanted to remove the "Like" text, but then with just the Furret it didn't seem immediately apparent what the button was for. :(

Perhaps the Furret with the thumbs-up? Kinda like merging the two ideas, although the sprite/icon would have to be slightly bigger for the Furret to actually be visible...

Years
I like the nice Furret sprite but for a bit I couldn't see the black line that separates the signature.

But still, I have only liked 2 posts so far.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Its a pretty good idea.But i gotta ask why a furret?

Because it's cute. n_n But really because Sylphiel designed a FurretLock image and it was brought up to make a FurretLike, so she edited the original and Audy put it in place. :3

Echidna

Years

Echidna

Years
Perhaps we can choose what kind of Like button we prefer in our UCP.

Plus I miss the Furret button. SO MUCH ;--;

The only thing worse than Furret is Spheal, I already said this to you over msn I believe? :3
I think perhaps a button as opposed to text + icon? A button could incorporate custom text with a good icon and perhaps another button that only contains the number of likes and reveals them upon click? :3
Idk, but honestly, I think the current icon is pretty good, but since people want Furret back...?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
TF the Furret shows up if you like something!

One thing I noticed Audy, idk if this is working as intended or not, if you're the first person to like a post it says "You and 0 others like this post". It doesn't change to the "You like this post" until you switch pages. Not sure if it's intentional but just wanted to let you know :3

Back