• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The text is now all good. I looked up some old project, and there it seemed that the draw_text command was to slow to get so much code procesed due to stupid bitmap scriptings. The reasont hat it did worked when you printed is, was because it got the time to get the processing done (only needed a frame or so more.. quite stupid).

I like the yellow trees!

Years
The new screenshots look great! Maps are error free. There is one thing I noticed though. The battle sprites are a little high.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Excellent screenshots. The new mart arrangement is great, the FR/LG one is rather dull and boring but you spiced it up. The Battle System looks great as well. Anyway keep up the great work ;)!

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2007
This looks freakin awesome!! What did u use for the battle scene and all that? It looks better then any starter kit out theres battle scene... Do you think youc ould make a demo of all the systems you ahve... make your own starter kit with that stuff?

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
@Me: don't you just hate when unexplicable things happen with your script? Well, it's ok now I guess. Thanks for your help earlier.

@Don Patch: oh yeah man... that! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix right away.

@ichabod: what did I used? what do you mean? It's not Blizzy's starterkit or anything.

@omarfr & ichabod: yes, I plan to release all the scripts I've made, but the team has agreed that that subject is not to be discussed here. PM me or MSN me, ok?

Thanks for your support

~Azura.

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
imgnew02vf9.png

Ew I have to be a recolored Gary sprite? :(

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Screenies look great Azura!! I can't wait for the... starter kit :P to be released!!

Haha, stinks for you The Dash, you and you bein a recolored Gary sprite :D haha

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Before you guys get all excited with the starter kit and come here just to talk about it...

Blizzy left his SK because of ppl who asked too much... so please... this is Metropolis thread, so we are here to talk about Metropolis game only.

@Dash: nurse joy is ok for you?

LOL

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
this looks even better than before, nice job ~Azura. One thing i did notice is that all the NPC charsets are sort of messed up. I remember in the old game dev resource thread Fangking Omega posted all his FR/LG charsets and they were flawless i would recommend downloading those beacause if you look closely at the ones in the screens there is something wrong with the darkest color.

errormetropoliscm5.png

if you cant find them, pm me and ill try and get them to you.

other then that the screens look great this game is one of the best i have ever seen. good luck.

also is there a way to change the color of the gender symbol, its not a bid deal but it be cool if male was blue and female was pink.

Last edited:

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Before you guys get all excited with the starter kit and come here just to talk about it...

Blizzy left his SK because of ppl who asked too much... so please... this is Metropolis thread, so we are here to talk about Metropolis game only.

@Dash: nurse joy is ok for you?

LOL

I was talking noob, couldn't you tell?? :P

Ya, I know it's gonna take a while for it to come out, but enough about the starter kit, back to the actual game in general...

Are there anymore features that we should know about?? Or are you just keeping some secret??

Wobbufut salutes you non the less ;) :15:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
@Minorthreat0987: yeah the borders are supposed to be darker. I'll take a look on that... I guess the gender symbol is not something I should worry about, but... I'll make it colored haha

@RMXPUser462: features, features, features... we're thinking on adding some of the cool DP features, that's all I can say.

=)

I'm off to school now...

~Azura.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Those screenshots look great. The battle system seems to be really close to the real thing.
Minorthreat pointed out what I was going to say.
Also how come in the Mart screenshot, the girl sprites appear to be in walking form. The girl on the right looks like she is walking towards the shelf.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Those screenshots look great. The battle system seems to be really close to the real thing.
Minorthreat pointed out what I was going to say.
Also how come in the Mart screenshot, the girl sprites appear to be in walking form. The girl on the right looks like she is walking towards the shelf.

Don't bother them... they're silly.

Like me for putting the sprites in the wrong frame -_-

dashba1.png

There you go Dash ^^

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
so when the scripts are done, liek the core parts are you going to go through an add the petty things to make them completely like the GBA ones. for example under the hp bar it shows the hp ratio (like 15/35) and when you pick the attack you see the type under the pp ratio?

they arent important but after the systems are done they would be a nice addition.

Years
What if I told you that nurse has scarily huge moles all over her body except for her face?

Anyway, Minorthreat, he probably will do that. Metropolis is supposed to be as real as possible.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Yeah, of course they'll be. The HP ratio you mentioned was supposed to be there already... I didn't notice it was missing, so thanks!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I had to enlist into army yesterday. Long story, but yeah.

Now, there will be some features from DP, so people who've already played it will see some cool stuff. However, some features will be locked, and you'll have to discover how to unlock them as you play the game (such as participating in events, finding npcs, etc)

This weekend I'll have some more free time to work on the systems... Heart is mapping and doing whole new stuff for the game, so check everyday :p

~Azura.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
It's not a hack...
And I've done my own daytime system for changing screen color tone.

Remember kids, it's not a hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back