• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
searched for Chamander for about 2 hours, got bored so now I'm finding something else to do. I cant sit and do one thing for a long period of time.

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
Tha Pkmn Prodigy said:
you can get shinies in all versions except for red, blue, and yellow. i got my mudkip on ruby
Oh. Wow! I thought you could only get shinies in emerald, fire red and leaf green! ^^;
oh, and btw, earlier in this thread you asked me what shinies i had and from what game....
Well, so far, all i have are a zubat and an oddish that are shiny pokemon and both are from Emerald.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
oh....i had a shiny crobat at least two or three times, i think. i found one in a cave on gold version once, but i didnt catch it :( i only had two great balls and 5 pokeballs on me at the tme, and it busted out of all of them....

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Well, I'm still trying to recooperate from where I stopped the other day up til now... I might be on the newest page if it wasn't for all the SPAM. Gosh. That's really getting on my nerves...
Anyway...

On FR, no Shiny Squirtle hatched, but that's not my main priority. I'm inside the Power Plant. :) I'm feeling very lucky, actually. And maybe next time I'm here maybe I'll have TIME TO POST. :(
Earlier I made myself custom sprites so I want to get one of them cards made soon with my Ninetails.
-DDD

Also, if anyone doesn't know, especially people who are new to this... Even if you go through the 8000 some battles, you still won't have any chance of a shiny. It's 1 in 8??? each time you enter a battle.
The egg hatchers are hatching rare Pokemon hoping for a Shiny. The more common Pokemon are for grass searchers, and you should know about the save _SR strategy. SR = soft reset if I'm not mistaken.

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
Hey I'm back! I've been shiny hunting the stupid Dunsparce it's so boring. Anyway, no shiny, just ugly blue ones. I will someday find it, but... Still looking for Box. Exorzik's idea is good, i'll try that later. No more Absols, and my LeafGreen's all messed up because I used it to get Celebi and Jirachi with a GSSP. I'm going to reset it once I get Box so I can throw all my Pokemon in there.

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
Right now i'm working to get a shinie mudkip on ruby, so I'm restarting like crazy to get one! :D Well, I've kind of just started restarting....I think I'm on restart number three or four...-_-
oh, and also, btw, what do people mean when they say to soft reset? Sorry, I'm kind of new to all of this ^^;

Aurel

Aubade
Years
  • Age 31
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 2, 2008
i had the same problem Mudkippy...

press A+B+Select+Start in-game and you'll go back to the startup menu

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
Aurel said:
i had the same problem Mudkippy...

press A+B+Select+Start in-game and you'll go back to the startup menu
Oh! Ok. Thanks! That will help me very much in my quest for a shiny mudkip....^^

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
I'm on restart number 10 for the shiny mudkip...I hope i get a shiny mudkip soon! :(

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
I think im just going to bread to get shinys....this way, i can do other stuff to while the other pokemon are hatching. It will also give me a chance to make on kicking team :) I'm going to put my shiny hunting on hold until then. :D

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Ok, now maybe I can give a good long post for you to read, because I'm typing up the gist of it offline on what I'm doing and how my hunting is going.

To comment and add on what MetalMario is talking about, the Trainer ID thing.. When you start the game, you have two Trainer IDs. It sounds strange, but it's true. The first is the one you see on your Trainer Card and Pokemon. The second is a hidden value that goes with the Trainer ID. Not much is really known about it, but it has come to be known as... Secret ID. Bet you didn't see that coming.
It is used alot in the game, and what this person mentions is true, for the most part. The Secret ID is combined (I think) with a random drawn number in thing such as wild Pokemon battles and such. Now, what kind of Trainer ID and Secret IDs will prove better for Shiny Hunting, I do not know. How do you figure out your Secret ID? I know there's a way, but I skipped it, because it had alot of complicated math. I will look for the way again later, since it may prove a little crucial to all of this. My main game's (FireRed) Trainer ID is 30970, and for LeafGreen it's 49260. On the previous data, when I caught Ghost (my now Shiny Ninetails), my Trainer ID was.. 15327. So maybe that "lower Trainer ID" factor is still in ply, however, since there are so many values to add up, it's much more random. The low Trainer ID may make a Secret ID that's in pitching distance withen the Shiny numbers, which might, just might, make them appear a tad more. That would explain why I haven't seen a single one in FireRed (despite my almost 250 hours logged into the game...), and the head guy has 35. And I still say that is an insane amount for someone to have. if i were him, I'd buy a lotto ticket or something every once in a while. :|

Anyway.... Speaking of my Game Paks...

On FireRed... My Pokemon Objectives are anything that comes into play that has abnormal color but is a good Pokemon. As I mentioned before, I'm roaming inside the Power Plant. All the Pokemon there (Magnemite, Magneton, Pikachu, Voltorb, Electabuzz) would be quite nice to have shiney. At least i think they would. Slowly, I also have 3 - 4 Squirtle Eggs with me. I don't think Shiny Squirtle - Blastoise is anything spectacular, but being the breeder I am, these hatchlings know Yawn. So if I could, just by pure luck, hatch a Shiny one, it would be even more special with this move. If only the world of Pokemon was like ours and had more abnormalities and stuff.... Bad idea, since we like to go there to get away from all the hate and fear of the actual world we live in.
Back to the shiny hunt (still on FR), I do this at night. I take my allergy medicine and go to bed, get my earphones, and play in the darkness til I get sleepy. My allergy medicine really does that to me. After I get bored looking at the screen, I tilt it forward, and let myself enjoy the glow around the ceiling, and use my ears and memory to decide where to go inside the Power Plant. Don't worry, I have memorized my Shiny Ninetails' Shiny Star noise, so I should know when a Shiny appears. To make it even easier to where I can relax into a sleep mode, I have my LR switched to L=A. Then I need only to use the left hand.
I do this until I cannot no more. I save and turn it off, and then go to sleep.

I think for an occasional change of pace, I'm going to take advice that wasn't given to me - I'm going to bring along a Venusaur I have that has Sweet Scent. Or some Pokemon that does.

On LeafGreen, I'm almost to the point where I can challenge Snorlax, and where the real journey begins (boring one at that. the Power Plant one is actually fun and after the 2 hours of searching there, I still find it fun.). I spent the evening getting through Rock Tunnel (with Ivysaur; it lacks one level from being Venusaur), and now I merely need to go blast the Rockets off from the Game Corner, get the Silph Scope, scale Pokemon Tower, free Fiji, gain the flute and get out.
I then could go on to Snorlax, but if it WAS Shiny... I would still have to go through the h e double hockeysticks of catching it, and Snorlax ain't all that easy... except with a Master Ball. I could climb Silph, but that's alot of Rockets. I'm gonna see about how fast I can make it to the top without many battles before I try. But I need not to do that. I can just attach a Master Ball to one of my spare hatchlings from FR and trade it over, de-tach it, and then I have my Master Ball, and then it's to Snorlax, save, and SR time.

Later On Tonight Update: I've done everything I need to do to start checking the Snorlaxes. I'm just stalling a bit raising a Gastly til it evolves as my Pokemon to go up front. I dunno why. I just want to do this. After it's finished, I will FLY to Celadon (Remember that Pidgey I caught? Now a Lv. 27 Pidgeotto with FLY. Fitting it's purpose to a T.) and use the Poke Flute on the Pokemon there. Why? Although I would want to do the one near Vermilion, the one near Celadon has no Trainers blocking my path to it. :) I think I will alternate between the two time to time. "Now the real battle begins!"

Another Update: The Gastly just evolved. Look out Snorlax! I'ma gonna get-CHU!!!! :P

On Emerald...
On Hold.

Same for Sapphire, too.

I have Ruby, but I don't know what's on it.

Happy hunting, but I'm just glad no one has decided to challenge me on any of this. I can go at my own pace, and I can get something no one else (or at least a handful) has. Well, Harrison has a Shiny Magneton... I was planning on naming the Shiny version of my own Harrison, in honor of him. He reminds me of an actual breathing person.. I just can't place my finger on it. Can't wait to see him again.
I'm torn between 2 nicknames for the Snorlax. I was originally going to call it "Fatman Joe", because in GunSmoke there is a Boss of the same name, and as you can see I'm sporting a home-made Wanted sign for the Snorlax. I took the template from GunSmoke, removed Capcom and replaced it with Shiny Snorlax, and then took an old R/B sprite of Snorlax and made it blue. Because I don't care for the newer versions. My absolute favorite rendition of Snorlax is the Crystal animation. :D
And the other name? I plan on going with this one instead. It goes with the Shiny Blue coloring.... "Papa Smurf". XD

Welcome to all the new members. Sorry if I sounded harsh earlier, but... And I guess too many people are saying that it's too spammy. It's only the truth though. And the truth must be heard. But they can't handle the truth. That's why we have MODs. But I don't want this thread locked man. This thread was my main reason of joining. :) I'll go elsewhere when I feel like it. But since Shiny Hunting was and still is my main objective now in the games... Need I say more? ^_^

-King Dedede's Sceptile

(Also, the soft reset, I think it also involves the L and R button as well, but I'm not sure. I have always done it like that, myself... Maybe they aren't needed. And you CAN do it on the DS, it's just kinda awkward. Tilt the DS a bit counterclockwise. Hold in L+R with your left hand, thumb on L, first finger on R, and with your right had, push in both Start and Select with your first finger, and push A and B with your right thumb. It sounds more complicated than it actually is, and GBA/SP is definately easier. But I just wanted to note that about the DS, because that's what I'm doing, because my Dad has the GBA SP for tetris, and I'm definately not going to be using my GBA in the dark. :) )

And I see I have 16 posts now. I will put my links to the pics I took of my Vulpix then, and my Ninetails now:

Then: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/BlazikenKirbytcg/3ab79e2e.jpg
Now (sorta): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/BlazikenKirbytcg/b212d518.jpg
Now the Ninetails is Lv. 100. I took the pic of the Stat screen so I wouldn't have to write it all down and I could use it for comparison from then til now.
... 5 Nows. .. 6.

(Edit: I input the wrong link for the second one)

Last edited:

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
Man you can write alot DDD'SSSCEPTILE

I'm going to start my FireRed Team and get through it then start hatching for shinies...(OOOOOO.....SHINY) I may just end up running into a shiny on my way through.

emerald star

Owns 11 shinies! Dang!
Years
i have been hunting all day today looking for that shiny absol. The reason i am looking in the wild instead of breeding is because it takes 5500 steps to hatch one egg and i personally think i will find a shiny faster in the wild if i use things like sweet scent, the black flute, and the white flute.
I have reset my firered to try and get ANOTHER shiny Charmander.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I have been secretly shiny hunting for Dratini the past two days. I didn't want anyone to just suddenly want like 4 other people to suddenly "want" shiny Dratini(*cougCOPYMEcough*), so that is why I didn't post it.

Oh well, wish me luck! It is like 10:10 PM where I live, so I am gonna SR for Dratini till I go to bed. I usually go to bed at 3 or 4 AM.

Brit Lucifer

Phantasmagorical!
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2007
My sister decided she wanted to start playing pokemon, so my starter pokemon SRing has come to a screeching halt on ruby. Now im stuck hatching pinsirs...
62 Eggs Hatched...On batch 63-67...257 unhatched eggs left

well, my emerald should arrive in a few days/weeks, so ill have that to keep me busy.

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
Years
Brit Lucifer said:
On batch 63-67

Um, I think that you have batch wrong. Batch is meant to be like a group of something.. You can only hold five eggs in your party. So let's say you hatch fifteen, you just finished batch 3 because you divide the number of eggs you hatched by five so 15 divided by 5 would be 3. So now your starting on batch four. And when you finish batch four you add 5 and it will be 20. When you say your on batch 63, you'd have hatched 315 eggs.

ANyways I have finished batch 9 (45 eggs) a while ago. No shiny. Also upgraded my Abra count to 220. No shiny.

Back