• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I don't post in this thread half as much as I should. I shouldn't even call myself a writer, seeing as I haven't written anything in months.

I'm hoping all of that will change. I've finally come up with a fairly strong story idea, which I'm quite happy with and would love to actually start typing up. The problem is, it's been so long since my last story (6 months, I think) that I can't seem to formulate a proper sentence, let alone a whole chapter/prologue.

Anyway, I'd like to ask if any of the great fanfiction writers that hang around in this thread have any tips on getting more enthusiastic about writing and can help me get back into the flow of things.

Please. I'm desperate. D:
One of the ways to get reacquainted with Fanfiction is to read other works. I would recommend certain fics but I'm afraid of being branded as bias. Other than that, I spend long hours trying to improve my plot.

Redstar said:
If you know of Jack Chick, then you can probably understand how frustrated I get with religious ignorance.
Oh and Redstar, I've read about Jack Chick. And about the website, don't get me started. >:( I don't like flamewars....

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Oh and Redstar, I've read about Jack Chick. And about the website, don't get me started. >:( I don't like flamewars....
I love that site. Everything on it is horrendously idiotic and offensive in some way, so I check back every once in awhile to see what's new... Last I saw was some bit about the "black" experience, which in Chick's eyes ended up being about "disrespect", "hos", and a basketball career. I'd like to say he's the best troll ever, but he's probably just... ya know.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Katherine said:
I've finally come up with a fairly strong story idea, which I'm quite happy with and would love to actually start typing up. The problem is, it's been so long since my last story (6 months, I think) that I can't seem to formulate a proper sentence, let alone a whole chapter/prologue.

Anyway, I'd like to ask if any of the great fanfiction writers that hang around in this thread have any tips on getting more enthusiastic about writing and can help me get back into the flow of things.

Please. I'm desperate. D:
Listening/watching to any of your inspirative sources can help immensely. Or watching the things that get you excited about writing in general. Mizan Nix Zamnie is right - reading fanfiction, or writing in general, that you enjoy can get you excited about making your own creation.

I've also heard people say that listening to music is helpful. Personally, I don't find that to be the case, but it may work for you. Particularly if the music has some relation to your plot. :)

One thing I do is I go for a short walk, solitary and preferrably somewhere quiet. And while walking, just think of potential scenes in your head. I find this highly effective, and has been the way I've formulated many subplots, and the main plot in general. :)

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Citrinin said:
I've also heard people say that listening to music is helpful. Personally, I don't find that to be the case, but it may work for you. Particularly if the music has some relation to your plot. :)
Personally, I listen to Jazz when writing. But if I'm writing an action-type kind of scene I switch the music to certain Anime Opening themes because it helps fuel my excitement. :D

Citrinin said:
Listening/watching to any of your inspirative sources can help immensely. Or watching the things that get you excited about writing in general. Mizan Nix Zamnie is right - reading fanfiction, or writing in general, that you enjoy can get you excited about making your own creation.
You can call me Mizan if you want. ^_^

Redstar said:
I love that site. Everything on it is horrendously idiotic and offensive in some way, so I check back every once in awhile to see what's new... Last I saw was some bit about the "black" experience, which in Chick's eyes ended up being about "disrespect", "hos", and a basketball career. I'd like to say he's the best troll ever, but he's probably just... ya know.
A word about Trolls=
parental_trolling.png

and also this one i found amusing
the_ring.png

Heheh Lulz....

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Hahaha those both are awesome. XD

My inspirational music would probably be soundtrack music (how typical), so it easily sets the mood. XD

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
moral_relativity.jpg

Found that one funny XD

So... might have time to actually write my fic this week it seems, however; I would like to get it done in less than 3 weeks time.

Bay

Years
Personally, I listen to Jazz when writing. But if I'm writing an action-type kind of scene I switch the music to certain Anime Opening themes because it helps fuel my excitement. :D
Haha, jazz it up. *starts snapping fingers and dance a little bit to the jazz music*

Well, jazz is cool. XD

And Katherine, yeah how I usually gain inspiration is music, reading, or watching tv/movies. I would say try what everyone else had said and see if it works.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Me saying I'm not an idiot was less about me saying I'm not an idiot and more saying other people are, if you get what I mean.

But me saying that I told you that you weren't an idiot was...well, you got me there.

But! But! The Raven.... D:

I was actually watching King of the Hill and Bill was obsessed with his ex wife, Lenore. However, with The Raven in mind, I don't think I'd mind having that name.

I have a new one.

Peggle.

You win if you know what I'm talking about.

When your children bother you?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I was actually watching King of the Hill and Bill was obsessed with his ex wife, Lenore. However, with The Raven in mind, I don't think I'd mind having that name.
Yeah, but you know what rhymes with "Lenore", right? I mean, when you have a kid, you have to go through their names (and possible nicknames) to make sure that there aren't any playground chants that can be used with your kid's name.

And Lenore, she's a ho*, but nevermore, the ugly bore.

When your children bother you?
It involves balls. Lots of balls.

*Slang term used so the censor won't explode.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
moral_relativity.jpg

Found that one funny XD
These things crack me up. Lulz. I have a whole collection in my computer hidden somewhere.

Bay said:
Haha, jazz it up. *starts snapping fingers and dance a little bit to the jazz music*

Well, jazz is cool. XD
Yes, Jazz is cool. ^_^

Astinus said:
It involves balls. Lots of balls.
Then is it the game?

Astinus said:
Yeah, but you know what rhymes with "Lenore", right? I mean, when you have a kid, you have to go through their names (and possible nicknames) to make sure that there aren't any playground chants that can be used with your kid's name.
Do most parents actually do that?
You can't cover all the possibilities...
(i.e. My IRL name means something good in Arabic but something not so good in Chinese. I was mocked for it [kind of].)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
When writing Fanfiction, what part do you love writing the most? Intense Pokemon battles, fights in between humans, filler, or some other stuff?

The comedy. Funniest part for me, really. Although interesting characters in itself is pretty darn fun. But trying to turn something into something I think is funny is good fun. =D

What's your favourite Fanfiction Genre

COMEDEE. Not adding anything else to this repeated question. =P
*is reminded of the Simpsons and a scene involving the naming of 'Bart'.*

And Katherine... join the club of people who haven't written anything in ages. =D I hope to get back into it though once my trial exams are over. Ah, a week and a half to go...

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
COMEDEE. Not adding anything else to this repeated question. =P
*is reminded of the Simpsons and a scene involving the naming of 'Bart'.*

Lol I remember that scene too.

I think, to be safe, I'd probably just name my kid Orange. XD

What's your favourite Fanfiction Genre

Horror, comedy, action-adventure, OT, OF.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
That...kinda makes it worse.

"HEY ORANGE!"

"I Mean, wtf is that? ORANGE? Isn't that like, a lame fruit? DUDE, GET A BETTER NAME LAMO!"
"I'm named after a book about a guy in a gang that murdered and raped people. And he loved classic music. =D"

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
When writing Fanfiction, what part do you love writing the most? Intense Pokemon battles, fights in between humans, filler, or some other stuff?

I love wrighting about romantic moments and violent evil moments. Quite contrasting really.

What's your favourite Fanfiction Genre?

Probably horror and sci-fi.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
"I'm named after a book about a guy in a gang that murdered and raped people. And he loved classic music. =D"

Or you could go further back here

Idk, I tend to name my characters with Latin last names it seems anyway.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Because of the recent naming conversation which incdentally evolved from:
Haz's Naming dillema --> *Stuff* --> Lenore --> Ho --> Orange --> guy in a gang that murdered and raped people --> Hannibal???

There's a new bolded topic which I think we discussed a while back but nevertheless...

How do you name your characters? Do you randomly name them or do you want their names to be meaningful (in a way), ominous or show off their personality? Also, where do you get their names from if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back