• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Could have a challenge where you base things on certain aspects of your state. One slot could represent a famous sports team or any major group that comes from your state, one could represent an animal that is common or a staple of where you live, etc. That's just off the top of my head though. n__n

Not a bad idea, I suppose I'd be using Pokémon like Honchkrow, Rotom, Kangaskhan, etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, I'd have things like Sawsbuck, Ninetales, and Donphan. ...That's all I can think of to represent Alabama lmfao. But yeah, if someone wants to make that, I think it'd be fun. :) And we could think of more stuff for it in here and if anyone wants to make it, then...yay? XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
OH MY GOD I COULD USE BRAVIARY BECAUSE I'M AN AMERICAN LIKE BANDIT KEITH. Also, I would make it, but I have plans to make a new TCG challenge after I finish my GL challenge. And that would be my 4th challenge I'm running. :x Sooo many. I have a monopoly building up, don't I? lol

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
You're just awesome at doing challenges :)

And a TCG challenge?! Woohoo, another challenge I would do! xD
How would it play? :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Another category for the location challenge (idk just calling it that for now?) could be a Pokemon to represent your general weather. Castform goes with Alabama. Cause the weather is just absolutely ridiculous and random here. :|

And yeah, TCG challenge will be super fun. :) There will be three different ways you can play. One involves using Pokemon from your most recent booster pack, the second is using Pokemon from a certain theme deck, and the last is using Pokemon from a certain set. So essentially, they're difficulty levels. I also want to incorporate Trainer cards somehow, but I can't write up something for all of them. So maybe the common ones at least. But yeah, that's what I've got so far. :) I need to finish my GL so I can start it. I can't wait! n__n And I do plan on doing another GL in the future as well. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hmm.. maybe the trainer cards would be like.. let's say you got a Ultra Ball card. You'll have to catch one of your Pokemon that you're going to have in the team with one Ultra Ball or something? :)

Would suck for someone who tries to booster pack challenge and gets all basic Pokemon who are all NFE Pokemon xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's similar to what I was thinking with the Trainer thing. Also, about NFEs, there will be an optional rule for the players as to whether or not they want to use the stage they get or the final evo. So yeah. n__n Cause I know some people don't wanna do that and some will want more of a challenge with it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Or maybe for those who got a bunch of cards, they can randomly take a card from their trunk and make team out of those Pokemon they randomly chose? :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I thought about that as well, but idk because you never know who's gonna grab their best cards. :( Not that I don't trust y'all, but there are the random people that join challenges and are bleh about it. That's why I included picking Pokemon that are in certain sets; lots and lots of variety. n__n I myself plan to play using cards from a theme deck. But I'm not gonna tell you the theme deck. ;3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm so glad you're looking forward to it then! Gives me more incentive to hurry along with GL so I can make it. :) I'm not gonna play my games til after finals though, especially since I still have more work to do and the two finals I'm most worried about are on the same day S I G H :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
afaik, my last final is on Thursday (but it's French so ayo easy a!), but idk the date of my theatre final. I missed the last class because I had to take something to my sister who didn't want to ask my mom to do it for a stupid reason and ugh thinking about it is making me mad. :| None of my group members will reply to me about the date and content of the theatre final, which I REALLY need a good grade in. There are only three tests in there, two of which I got a B and D on respectively. I need to ace the final. My GPA is crap.

More reasons to hate school sigh. :( I just hate that my most difficult ones are both on Monday and I work Sunday. And I have a buttload of work to do for one of those still. sigh

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Another category for the location challenge (idk just calling it that for now?) could be a Pokemon to represent your general weather. Castform goes with Alabama. Cause the weather is just absolutely ridiculous and random here. :|
I just have to ask - is it as ridiculous as we've had here in Finland:
  • First week of April - All sunny and nice all the snow and icy roads are finally just about gone. Woop! +5C outside even
  • First Sunday - Snowstorm! T__T FML (As a side note friend of mine was planning to do some BBQ this day, he was getting trolled by nature itself.)
  • This last week - More snowing, occasional rain to make it even more slippery because it's still below zero during the nights.
  • Today - Pouring rain. What. It's almost raining sideways.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I just have to ask - is it as ridiculous as we've had here in Finland:
  • First week of April - All sunny and nice all the snow and icy roads are finally just about gone. Woop! +5C outside even
  • First Sunday - Snowstorm! T__T FML (As a side note friend of mine was planning to do some BBQ this day, he was getting trolled by nature itself.)
  • This last week - More snowing, occasional rain to make it even more slippery because it's still below zero during the nights.
  • Today - Pouring rain. What. It's almost raining sideways.
I looked at the news, my city(Middletown, Ohio) was the same as everywhere else, very little changes each day, but at least in my neighborhood, it's like weather wants everyone to die of confusion, everybody refuses to leave their house now. All I can think of is wow, what the heck is wrong with you, nature.

These are by checking my temperature reader history(for the outside, obviously), I talked to ALL of my neighbors, they are the same.
April 1st-4th, ranged from 96°F (35°C) to 101°F (38°C)
April 5th-11th, ranged from 26°F (-3°C) to 30°F (-1°C)
Yesterday and Today, ranged from 106°F (41°C) to 108°F (42°C)

I wish it would stay at a good temperature of 70°F-80°F, but no, my neighborhood hates me, and everyone else in it. There was also no rain or snow, or anything, just extreme heat, and extreme cold, and the news still hasn't changed.

Also, about the "State" challenge, I would have, some kind of Bird Pokemon that is similar to a Red Cardinal. I live near a little forest with deer, so I suppose I could use Sawsbuck, there are also a lot of bats around, but they are friendly, so Swoobat(?). And I suppose I could do the TCG challenge, sound like fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back